Live Videos Thread

Now I hear that Freyber's definitely playing the same lick that's on the record, but Janne is possibly not. Dunno :kickass:

^Finally a decent quality live of that song. 1:45 - 1:55 sounds sick.

They fuck up the orchestral hit part live always, the 'fuck' is totally unnecessary, and the first three hits Janne does with strings for some reason. The guitars should be audible like on this cover (2:40) and proper hits.

The oomph factor in the recording, fucking epic beyond belief. Alternate lyrics at 2:20.

I just absolutely unlocked a few eternal mysteries about the lyrics!

"I hear the footsteps walking by
Watching myself slowly die
Sharp pins impaling thru my heart
Slowly tearing me apart!!

One minute you're an angel fallen from grace,
Next the fix that I crave.
Pick me up from the gutter with a gentle kiss
that rips out my heart to show me how black it is!

When you appear as an angel,
looking me down, losing my way
Would you ever kill the pain in my heart?
Even tho they say angels don't kill

No...!
You're not there
It feels so cold
And I want you back
I'll die alone"

Last edited:
I wonder what that has been filmed with. The amount of bass frequencies is insane! :D

I also hear it as "Looking me down, losing my will"

The oomph factor in the recording, fucking epic beyond belief. Alternate lyrics at 2:20.

I just absolutely unlocked a few eternal mysteries about the lyrics!

"I hear the footsteps walking by
Watching myself slowly die
Sharp pins impaling thru my heart
Slowly tearing me apart!!

One minute you're an angel fallen from grace,
Next the fix that I crave.
Pick me up from the gutter with a gentle kiss
that rips out my heart to show me how black it is!

When you appear as an angel,
looking me down, losing my way
Would you ever kill the pain in my heart?
Even tho they say angels don't kill

No...!
You're not there
It feels so cold
And I want you back
I'll die alone"

Lyrically i think Alexi has been improving a lot. Overall IWC the album has the best lyrics of any Bodom album to me. Some of the songs manage to tell a really profound story to me. Mostly Widdershins. My Bodom gives a better sense of atmosphere at the beginning and it gets deliberately heavier, not just bust a nut full throttle the whole time. Not to say that songs like that aren't amazing (SKO, KtS, CoD) but I like the fact that they're are polarizing yet similar sounding songs on IWC. I wish he would play Horns live, or FUCKING WIDDERSHINS, or just anything other than I Hurt, IWC, and Morrigan. The other songs on the album are great but nobody every uploads vids of them which probably means they aren't playing them.

Good effort, but unfit song choice. You've a good act going on, but this song deserves a remake with an epic, dark, powerful and intensely atmospheric metal soundworld. It's cool to make something sound different, but this sound weird as fuck. Some sections work nice. Try covering another song, like... Scream for Silence, it would suit your style better, especially if you alter vocals sections like that. Do that song and post it here. And use a violin for some melodies in that song.

Last edited:
'Bottom line is... I DON'T CARE'

Why they didn't show the lake scene / murder spot properly?

Oh and Helsinki is complete fucking shit, never go there. Can't even describe how depressingly ugly that place is.

Just remember to sleep this time, you need good sleep to write a kickass album... Besides, top tip, the final REM sleep is the best source of creativity... We definitely hear the tight schedule and stress in IWC.

They never played it live. I think the first time they ever played it was 2009 and that was half of the song. This is first time they play it live full.

Cutting Kissing the Shadows for some jokes before first verse is a bad idea, kills the atmosphere.

All they need now is to practice Mask of Sanity solos and full Taste of My Scythe and Northern Comfort, then make an ad to social network about playing full FTR album in the middle of their set, this will draw legions of pussy on the venue. Make sure to use tons of mist, midnight blue and moon graphs on stage, with atmospheric horror passages. While at it, spray a bottle of real lake Bodom water over the crowd, like baptism. Then start working on fresh new album.

Last edited: