Live Videos Thread

Someone just keeps filming Alexi non-stop despite them having new rhythm guitarist onboard. :lol: I bet the one holding the camera is a female. :(

Sadly, people who film on concerts came just because of Alexi...true fans enjoy the music and don't take photos/videos :D

Sadly, people who film on concerts came just because of Alexi...true fans enjoy the music and don't take photos/videos :D
:D Yeah, I've never taken a single video or picture from a gig. True fans search the floors for picks after the gig. I've gotten two of Markus Toivonen's picks this way. Almost got Petri Lindroos' pick too. Stepped right on it but only noticed it when some other guy bent to pick it up. :D Another interesting story was when I went to see Kotiteollisuus. A bit before the gig ended I tried to high five Jouni Hynynen (The singer, composer, guitarist), and instead of high fiving me he gave me his pick! :OMG: I have probably never been so surprised. My face must have been sight to see. The night got even better when a moment later the other guitarist (Miitri Aaltonen, I tried to high five him too) gave me his beer :D

Reactions: NewHewkas
:D Yeah, I've never taken a single video or picture from a gig. True fans search the floors for picks after the gig. I've gotten two of Markus Toivonen's picks this way. Almost got Petri Lindroos' pick too. Stepped right on it but only noticed it when some other guy bent to pick it up. :D Another interesting story was when I went to see Kotiteollisuus. A bit before the gig ended I tried to high five Jouni Hynynen (The singer, composer, guitarist), and instead of high fiving me he gave me his pick! :OMG: I have probably never been so surprised. My face must have been sight to see. The night got even better when a moment later the other guitarist (Miitri Aaltonen, I tried to high five him too) gave me his beer :D
ESA your a true fan of musicians:rofl:

Reactions: ESA1996
I doubt that "Death Metal Jon" is a female, the guy doesn't look like a girl either. It's just people who don't know much about the music they're filming. And that has nothing to do with Alexi. It happens even with pro-shot shows. The Metallica show on Saturday was the same. Hammett was raping his guitar somewhere and the camera was on Lars' stupid face or on James doing nothing. For the masses, the vocalist is the center of the show and they couldn't care less about the rest of the band.

I wonder if Alexi is introducing Daniel at all or is he just pretending nothing's going on.

I wonder if Alexi is introducing Daniel at all or is he just pretending nothing's going on.
I was at the Tampa show last night, and Alexi didn't introduce Daniel or let on that anything was different at all. I was directly in front of Daniel the whole show, and he pretty much just stared straight ahead and didn't move.

That blows. I guess Daniel moves only when Henkka takes his spot. But if Daniel is their new full time member Alexi needs to say something. At some point he did start introducing Antti.

How was the show overall?

That blows. I guess Daniel moves only when Henkka takes his spot. But if Daniel is their new full time member Alexi needs to say something. At some point he did start introducing Antti.

How was the show overall?
It was the first COB show I've ever been to (waited quite a while for them to be back in town, too). I thought it was pretty good. Both the first opening band (some local band I can't remember the name of) and Havok kicked ass. I thought the setlist was good, but predictable. A pretty even mix of old and new songs. The crowd was out of control though, to the point that Alexi seemed impressed by it. I was up against the stage, so I was getting moshed into, which I would be okay with if it wasn't just one wasted asshole who bragged to me about having respect for unspoken concert rules before the show, then proceeded to spend the entire time blocking my view and keeping his elbow in the elbow to face zone the entire set. On the bright side, I finally got to see this concert after waiting for a long time for it, and my boyfriend and I had an intense staring contest with Janne for a good part of the show. Sorry about the rant.

edit: Also, Alexi looked pretty burned out and unwell. I don't know him or his personal life at all, but I just felt worried about him. He looked like he wasn't super into the show, pretty tired.

I think they're giving that guy Daniel some shows to just try out the songs live. It's gonna be hard to move before the notes are in muscle memory. But still... this band has started to feel like a small rock band ever since IWC. They're not taking their show seriously. I could go into detail, but it's all been said already. Little loose details can ruin the artistic expression. Such as "where's my cowbell?" yup, there goes Downfall... And even the bigger picture really, such as the overall mood, the lack of anger in vocals, etc.

Last edited: