Live Videos Thread

Alexi does a nice scream in IYF. Otherwise it's very basic, I would not go see that set.

Here is the song list they should play now (consisting only of songs played this year)

Deadnight
In the Shadows
The Nail
Warheart
SNBN
Hatebreeder
Children of Decadence
Kissing the Shadows
Angels
LDB
AYDY
Halo of Blood
Morrigan

...and whatever else.

Instead they scrapped many good songs from here just to play 'the usual.' Is it really that important to play, for example, HCDR instead of an old classic like Warheart or In the Shadows? Do the trademark songs really pull in people more, year after year? Maybe I'm just too hard core to want some "rare" songs... but seriously, I'm about to skip them for the fourth time in a row if they don't shake up the set. There's great songs they could bring back to the set, like One Day You Will Cry or whatever.

Of course the Something Wild tour was their special project for us and there's only so much time to practice and create new music. But I think there should always be one or two "weird" songs on every tour. Then again maybe it's simply true that most people will be disappointed if they don't hear all the famous tracks.

Last edited:
This Lake Bodom verse actually sounds good, 5:20

Wow, some fag commented on youtube about her performance in Ensiferum's Token of Time 'what an obnoxious accordeon player. No matter the song they're playing, she's making these dumb happy and surprised faces and everything. Doesn't fit Ensiferum at all.' Um it fit perfectly that song and that type of music. Some guys try so hard to be tough in their early 20's with all that testosterone surge and insecurity that they become ridiculous, demands a lot of understanding from mature ones. "Damn I'm so tough because I walk with Venom shirt on in tight jeans and spit." Yeah, seriousness has to be in the right places, but not in the wrong places. Since when has folk metal been serious... that guy got something so wrong.

Last edited:
Leyendas del Rock 2018 Setlist:

df5853780c.jpg

Videos ( IYF & AYDY? ):

This Lake Bodom verse actually sounds good, 5:20

Wow, some fag commented on youtube about her performance in Ensiferum's Token of Time 'what an obnoxious accordeon player. No matter the song they're playing, she's making these dumb happy and surprised faces and everything. Doesn't fit Ensiferum at all.' Um it fit perfectly that song and that type of music. Some guys try so hard to be tough in their early 20's with all that testosterone surge and insecurity that they become ridiculous, demands a lot of understanding from mature ones. "Damn I'm so tough because I walk with Venom shirt on in tight jeans and spit." Yeah, seriousness has to be in the right places, but not in the wrong places. Since when has folk metal been serious... that guy got something so wrong.

Smiles don't fit Ensiferum? Has the guy ever seen Sami? :D I happened to see Ensiferum with Netta even before she was in the band (Emmi was sick or something IIRC) and she was pretty good.

Wow, new song! 'Into the Grave.' Wait, no...

It's too fucking quiet these times. People having a nice chat in the middle of the venue thru the whole fucking show. Should go back to 110-120db average, 125 being the pain limit. These days I think the volume is put to 98db in the middle. It's quite sad, people are chatting some dumb shit during the show like the music is just nuisance to them hindering their conversation.

Last edited:
Reactions: COB-666
No Place Like Home Tour - Peurunka Areena Setlist:

076a2bac5b.jpg

Kissing the Shadows, Silent Night, Bodom Night, Suicide Bomber, Follow the Reaper \m/

I loved IWC as an album, but I cannot believe people voted for iHurt and I Worship Chaos over other songs from Bodom's discography...

I honestly hope some people, somewhere, voted for Triple Corpse Hammerblow and/or Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood.

I missed getting tickets. x) Well... next time. It's been five and a half years since I last saw them.

They've practiced some rare songs now, because they were supposed to have the new album out now and play a few songs from it... so they put effort into doing some 'weird' ones instead.

My god that new stuff is weak. Wrong passage presentation and lyrics all 'round the place is cherry on the cake. :D I'm sorry but just don't play that shit, you have dozens of better songs to play, right from the top of my hat One Day You Will Cry.

Reactions: Johnny_victor
I'm not sure if it's just us fans noticing all the false lyrics or if people unfamiliar with their music sense it. Not that I care about the lyrics in the new stuff, but songs like Hatebreeder just feel cool with the right lyrics, as there was emphasis put on them to work with the song.

And not to diss the new album, but it's a sorrowful example of how a once-great band totally forgets the epic style of music that made them a force in their element. With the new album it's like a fish trying to swim in mud. They felt more at home with the HOB album style, which was at times musically excellent, after the horrendous RRF album, but fell right back to the ditch. Alexi has vast musical potential and it would be good to listen to outside guidance from the right people (like me) who look at it from distance. Sometimes the style or form of art one wants to do currently (out of interest or current feelings) just simply isn't where his gift is at. And this is not to say do the old album part 2 or force out something insincere, but simply the sound, the songs as entities, the feeling, what elements should be in it, etc.

Last edited: