Live Videos Thread

I don't understand that logic. They've been playing KtS for the last few years now. I don't think they're excluding it because it's too hard. If that were the case then KtS wouldn't be getting played. They haven't played Black Widow in god knows how long either and it's not a super hard song in comparison with some of their stuff. The two just haven't made it onto setlists yet for whatever reason.

I don't understand that logic. They've been playing KtS for the last few years now. I don't think they're excluding it because it's too hard. If that were the case then KtS wouldn't be getting played. They haven't played Black Widow in god knows how long either and it's not a super hard song in comparison with some of their stuff. The two just haven't made it onto setlists yet for whatever reason.

They can't play songs for which Alexi can't remember lyrics...they play KTS because they actually play it since the day FTR came out, but they really shouldn't...I remember maybe one or two performances of this song that were okay, it usually sounds too sloppy. I saw them play it live once, and that really wasn't it. And I don't mean just solos, the overall performance was bad - lyrics and pronounciation, rhythm, tempo, energy, the tone, everything sounded very bland. Some songs were also never practiced after being recorded, and they don't bother to sit and practice that much anymore. Who knows what mirracle can happen, having COB, TLS and COD back is already a great thing. However, I think even for those songs, Alexi didn't bother to practice much, which you can hear in the solos, as he just rapes his pentatonic licks, that in no way resemble the official recordings. That is a big shame, especially for COD solo (which really sets up the epic keyboard solo continuation).

Songs they should try bringing back are Deadnight Warrior, Bed Of Razors, Chokehold, Shovel Knockout...these sounded spot on, always.

If I'm right, Northern is in Standard tuning, so probably thar's another point why they don't play it. There is one more song which has been recorded in E afaik.

Hi guys. I have for you there are a few interesting things. Three songs from the festival Loud Park, where the Children of Bodom perform songs Hate Me, Lake Bodom and I Worship Chaos. Professional cool camera angles, great sound, blah-blah-blah. But still I have something more interesting. These are two live tracks in 2000, which were recorded at the festival Ilosaarirock. This is not a crappy bootleg, which many of you may have heard before, this is fucking hell a real high-quality recording.these versions of the songs I heard for the first time and left wondering what purpose they have been recorded if the concert was broadcast on television or Children of Bodom were going to record another live album after Tokyo Warhearts? I do not know, but you have to listen to them and give their opinion. I think you would be interested. Sorry, I did not upload it all on YouTube, copyright holders certainly remove all. So I uploaded all files on Mega. Download and evaluate guys.Cheers.

https://mega.nz/#!I4xhwBDR!TplSzcfFMCx76FmJU73BfaRt99xasWcqJOFhqvFpAgs

Downfall sounds great, COB not so much, but it's okay. At least back then the overall sound and tone of the band was very good. This Loudpark recording is just not worth your attention...Rhythm guitar is out of any sync and rhythm at too many spots, keyboards are barely hearable, back vocals as well. At least you can hear Alexi's setup is really nowadays with chorus pedal always on. Sadly it doesn't make him sound fuller at all, it is even making everything sound worse. And yeah, the Dude played very sloppy again and his voice is in bad condition.

Last edited:
These days their shows are so hit or miss...guys got old and sometimes they don't care how the show looks like, especially if they lack any energy on that day. I found a video from their recent show in Hungary where Janne plays almost whole song in C tuning, and rest of the band is in B. Mistakes always happen, but how can't you notice it for almost whole song? Or maybe who gives a fuck.

These days their shows are so hit or miss...guys got old and sometimes they don't care how the show looks like, especially if they lack any energy on that day. I found a video from their recent show in Hungary where Janne plays almost whole song in C tuning, and rest of the band is in B. Mistakes always happen, but how can't you notice it for almost whole song? Or maybe who gives a fuck.

Oh my god... :tickled:

Yayy I was behind that camera guy! :rofl: Also I was a brick in the wall of the pogo.. :p Btw, I forgot to write about it after the event, anyway so the Sawtooth and the new Chaos guitar is also in B? Because Alexi used both. Well it was not their worst show but certainly not the best, Alexi fucked up a lot of his solo part including the intro of the COD.. :( but Daniel gave us some improvisation.

PS.: We were the guys on the left in the beginning of the song, who desperately tried to recreate the famous "Bodom" chanting but we were just ignored by the others... :( Also know the girl, who shouted Alexi, than Henkka, btw she was a lucky one, because she has won a meet&greet ticket (idk if they sell them or just draw them)

Last edited:
2:50 - I like how the vocals are arranged in sync with the drums. Back in '04 there was problems in finding the "groove" for the song, looks like they've worked it out in detail.

2:23 - nice scream addition.

These 'More Than Fest' vids have great sound.

1:29 - mother of Christ this sounds amazing.

Last edited: