Live Videos Thread

"We're gonna play a song for youahhhh.....Which I believe we haven't done in a long, long fuckin' time so would you like to hear that fucking song?!?!?!?!? *Crowd gets excited they're gonna play something like touch like angel of death or something* Play the song COD even though they played it several times fully now). Alright lets do this Jaska bleh bleh bleh"

*Out of tune melody starts & misses notes*

Fucking hell -_- Alexi used to be the driving force of the band & seemed as though the others were trying to keep up back in the day- now it's the opposite. I thought once he "supposedly" drank less he'd get better but was wrong. I've fucked up my right arm with a pinched nerve in my neck so I can relate that his playing won't be as good as it used to be after breaking his shoulder and wrist- but it's been several years since that took place so he should be better by now but i'm assuming he didn't get proper rehab for both.

They can't make the intro sound as good as on the album. Same with Bed of Razors a couple of years ago. Maybe it's the keyboard sound.

Well, they have never played it in full.

We're witnessing now what happened with Knuckleduster back in the day. It was played on one tour, but absolutely no recording exists. Why this is hard to understand is everybody has a videocamera in pocket these days. Some dude recorded ten songs but not that one. This means no-one wants to ruin the experience of hearing a new song by by filming it, thinking somebody else will.

Last edited:
No Finnish gig for the Something Wild / Hatebreeder tour.

What hope is there for someone to record the odd songs in good quality and upload them on youtube...

Thanks man.

That venue has a good stage...but that crowd...looks like they ended up in the wrong show.

Omg.. Alexi fucked the solo so hard on the CoD live :O

Also, now that Jonas is mentioning it, I'd fucking love to hear Knuckleduster live. This song had so much potential. Now idea why it didn't make it on the album.

I think they should remake Knuckleduster to the next album (since they don't accept it as an album song) by adding all kinds of fast technical stuff that blend into the groove of the riffs, so it would meet their technical standards, and also new tone and soundworld of course, more low C note pianos here and there. It has immense potential on record and live with the moodyness and heaviness and sheer catchiness, there's a lot of sections where the song takes a "deep breath in only to let a powerful breath out." Such as 0:45 - 0:50:

Change that thing about the verse, where you're findling a deadnote, to a tremolo (played by the rhythm guitarist.) I know it's one of the things that make this song experimental and creative, but a tremolo (or a bended note on the low C string) would be epic in there.

It's still better than anything off of IWC, but then again there's many songs that deserve a remake as they would be great songs with some soundworld adjustments, such as Punch Me I Bleed, Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood...

Last edited:
Thanks man.

That venue has a good stage...but that crowd...looks like they ended up in the wrong show.

I can't blame them, this sounds like shit. I am happy we finally have live video of this song, but maaan. I hope they just had a bad night overall, but if it sounded like that on every gig...jeez.

All HD means is 'no bass'. :p And this song cannot exist without bass!

Freyberg seems to have his playing together tight and still move around. He looks like a black metal dude btw.

Yeah, Daniel plays well. Not as creative as Roope but not as sloppy either. He's actually an alright fit for the band. Not sure why they still consider him an outsider.

I don't know why Daniel doesn't do more vocals- his screams in Naildown were similar to Alexi's in a way & it would make the band sound fuller. Alexi's voice has never had the power it did since they did the Hate Crew Deathroll tour & he hasn't bothered to do any sort of voice coaching to get it back. That's what I really miss about Alexander (apart from looking like a big well fed viking who just grabbed a guitar & began rocking out with them) was his backing vocals.

I saw them play a couple of hours ago...

I feel like the band has half-assed IWC and the whole album cycle. Hell, even the merch booth tonight was half-assed, they had one sweatshirt and two shirts, that's it! Alexi's playing seems lazy and much sloppier than ever before, part of it is his guitar tone, which is bad bad bad. They didn't market this tour well at all and the attendance reflected it. How hard is it to get some of the band guys to interact on their FB page and post they are in the city? If I had to guess I'd say there was maybe 300 people there, 350 max.

Thankfully Abbath was good.

Last edited: