Logic Pro X

Mountain Lion is working great for me (on both the Studio Mac and my personal MBP). I'm still not sure I want to renew my Waves update plan for $240 (or more), which I have to if I want to use Logic 10. Fuck Waves, for restricting 64bit plugins to V9. Every other company releases their 64bit updates for free :S

Yeah, only reason I'm still on Lion really is that I'm using PT9 and have to finish one album before updating. Possibly going to ditch PT when I update; it's given me enough headaches already and I don't think I need it anymore. Gonna miss Beat Detective and Elastic Audio though :(

Luckily, I'm using mostly 64-bit everything already. How's flex pitch been working for you all by the way? Really intrigued if I can just use that. I don't tune much, and the workflow seems really cool. If it sounds at least okay, I'm sold. Reason I'm asking is that flex time hasn't really worked too well for me on anything but some very minor fixes; I've had weird phase issues with the slicing mode, and random pops on stuff with the time stretch algorithms, like this:

whyflexsucks_smaller.png

Not sure whether the link works, I think my Dropbox might've capped.

Copy/Paste audio configuration is missing :-/
This is a really big deal for me.

I have started a thread on Apples logic forum.
Please head over and post if this affects your workflow.
Read my first post for full details on this function and why it should be brought back.
They dropped it in an earlier version too and brought it back later.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5191824?tstart=0

Read my first post for full details on this function and why it should be brought back.

I've actually always gone through the browser too as someone suggests, but it always messes up all the sends etc. and your workflow seems a lot faster! I like to order all the buses like 1-10 for drums, 40-50 for verbs & FX etc. and those "gaps" get subtracted and the order becomes the order you import into the project. Which obviously messes with my head when they get all crossed up. Shame indeed if it's broken!

No good import session data has always been something I'm not that happy with in Logic, and I've wondered if there's a better way to do it than going through the browser.

I stopped using different sessions for each song and doing everything in one session now. Import mixer settings or import stuff through the browser always fucks up one thing or another. I do make big session backups each day so I never run into problems ...also logic X new auto saves make this approach even saver (and will Putney works this way with logic , so if its good enough for him it is a hell of good enough for me :rofl: )

I've never used this method so I was wondering, what happens if the next song has a few extra tracks? Like keys or more guitar overdubs etc. Does it just copy in order and leave the last few tracks untouched?

I have a huge template that covers pretty much anything.
Once I have used that template for all tracks, copy/past audio config lines up perfectly.

It only gets messed up if your songs are different.
My template is foolproof so when I mix a song the other songs will be the EXACT same mix when I paste audio config in.

This missing seriously messes up my workflow.