Pro Tools 8 woohoo

888 is the old interface from digidesign.
Anyway why using the 192 ? do you guys work at 192khz?

from what i understand(and i could be totally wrong here), the 192 i/o was developed later than the 96 i/o, and besides operating at higher sample rates, the converters are generally considered superior. logically, this means that you'd be better off running a lower sample rate on the 192 than you would be using the 96 i/o.

They do it so that you still have a reason to purchase HD. It wouldn't make sense to release lite-versions of software with full functionality. At best, it's supposed to give you a taste of what it's capable of, then entice you to buy the full thing. In ProTools' case this is a bit difficult, because HD is a huge rip-off and there's absolutely no middle ground option. With LE and these toolkit expansion packs I think they're trying to create a midrange option now.

Just a quick noob Question, Could Somebody explain the ADC thing to me? I dont believe ive Come across it thus far.

Thanks,

Im suprised no-ones mentioned the new 003 Rack Plus. 8 Mic pres and 8 Line ins?

I was always interested why this hadnt been done years ago.

4 mic Pres and 4 lines very limiting....

Sorry, Off Topic but, Kazrog love your Recabinet graphics...looks black and well...what could look more black?