looking for a good song for my hockey team's intro!!

dude...that first one was freaking incredible, thanks so much for that!

Do you know that name of the track and the name of the artist, so i can buy it on itunes?? I heard the first few seconds and i immediately fell in love with it, lol.
NO! Do not inflict trivium on the unsuspecting masses!

That said, try:

Hammerfall - Hearts On Fire - cheesy, anthemic, etc

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLSZM-10Sss&feature=related[/ame]
Motorhead - Killers - badass, maybe about how you guys are badasses?

Pantera - Cowboys From Hell - If you don't watch the video it exudes pure badassery. 'nuff said.

Judas Priest - Painkiller
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN4zTDFvJuQ&feature=related[/ame]
Leather Rebel.
Better imo.
But either way, yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm going to have to listen to those last three tomorrow, i've got to go to bed soon and i definitely don't want to get my blood pumping now, i have to wake up at 6 AM every morning for school, so i need my rest, lol.

But yeah, cowboys from hell i've heard, maybe i heard the wrong version bc my friend showed it to me and he downloaded it illegally, i think, but the one i heard started out kinda slowish, and if anything i need something that starts out hard 'n heavy.

But painkiller was too heavy, imo--i mean, it's a damn good song, but i don't think that the fans and my teammates will like the singing or the heavyness, lmfao.

alright well ladies and gentlemen, we have a new top seed!!!

The hammerfall song is just incedible--i can already see us marching out to it, lol.

if only my damn itunes would stop acting up and start downloading the song lmfao.

my wireless connection is horrible upstairs in my room, haha.

alright so guys, the opener's tomorrow, and i just wanted to thank you all for your incredible help and suggestions, i've got a lot of new songs on my ipod :D

however, only some of the songs recommended made the cut. Others would have made it, but i ended up buying some of the wrong versions of the songs, i.e. i bought the live version of Straight to Hell because that's the only one Itunes had, and i thought it was the regular one. Lol, yeah, it starts out by him growling with a german accent something like, "HERE IT IS THE ONE AND ONLY--STRAIGHT TO HEEEELLLLL."--

--Not exactly fitting the theme of a high school hockey game, let alone any high school event, lmfao.

Also, some of the songs were put in there from my itunes before, in parentheses i will tell you which ones.

Tell me what you guys think of it!!!

1. (entry) Hearts on Fire--Hammerfall
2-5 (in no particular order).

The rising--Trivium
Iron Man--Black Sabbath (already there)
Enter Sandman--Metallica (my ENTIRE TEAM wanted this to be on the list, so my hands are tied, lmfao)
Whispers in the Dark--Skillet (already there)

6-8 (during play stoppages and period breaks):

6. The conclusion of One--Metallica (the part where it gets maddd heavy--only did this because the New York Rangers do it, so it's easily recognizable)
7. Walk--Pantera
8. Tom Sawyer--Rush

give me a rating, 1-10, 10 being the best, 1 being the worst!!!

and please don't judge me too harshly for the inclusion of two metallica songs :saint:

The trivium thing brings it down, but Hearts on Fire brings it up for a lot of reasons, one being that it was my idea, two being that it's an awesome song, 3 being that it sorta fits, and 4 being that they did a video for it with the Swedish women's curling team so it fits for an ice-themed sport.

But yeah, as far as these things go probably an 8.

haha do you not like triivium? I've honestly never heard of them, so I wouldn't know if they're similar to metallica in the fact that everybody thinks they're sellouts and whatnot, lol.

But i'd still say an 8 is pretty good, especially because most of the people listening to it probably think that Linkin Park and Sum 41 are metal artists :D

They're much bigger sellouts then Metallica. Actually, they didn't really sell out so much as they always played a really obnoxious and commercial form of metal/metalcore. Their vocalist is absolutely atrocious. But most of all it's that they brazenly steal from metallica, utterly lack in originality, and then act like they're the kings of metal. They've said that they're the next Metallica. etc.
The hatred is grounded less in their music than in their attitude.

Pretty sure you meant first three. Unless you're gonna be really cool and say that Puppets is crap. How awesome you are.

haha do you not like triivium? I've honestly never heard of them, so I wouldn't know if they're similar to metallica in the fact that everybody thinks they're sellouts and whatnot, lol.

But i'd still say an 8 is pretty good, especially because most of the people listening to it probably think that Linkin Park and Sum 41 are metal artists :D

no, don't listen to him. Trivium are great. everyone should listen to Trivium. go and recruit more Trivium fans!

you should also have Dragonforce - Through the Fire and Flames. a lot of gamers will recognize that.

I suggest 'Smells Like Teen Spirits' - Nirvana
:lol:
Good one.
That's got to be the most incredibly fucking obnoxious and overrated song ever shat out.

no, don't listen to him. Trivium are great. everyone should listen to Trivium. go and recruit more Trivium fans!

you should also have Dragonforce - Through the Fire and Flames. a lot of gamers will recognize that.
Subtle...

actually smells like teen spirit wouldn't be half bad, especially because it would get a lot of crowd recognition. It's only problem is that throughout the entire verses part, it's incredibly soft.

It ended up not mattering, though, lmfao, because we're in this new, retarded arena that requires you to bring your own speakers and audio system and everything, and we didn't know :(

So, we played with no music last night. We ended up winning 7-1, haha, but it was kind of bland, lol.

We've found someone in our school to be the disc-jockey dude, but now we need to find some sort of cheap stereo-system. The team before us was using a guitar amp and one stereo speaker, hooked up to a laptop.

Sorry to completely change the entire topic of the thread, lmfao, but if i've got like, 60-75 dollars to spend, where could i get a maddd cheap guitar amp or single speaker that would still have enough power to play loudly at a hockey rink??? Also, how would i hook it up to a computer or cd player???

And yeah, thanks for the help again guys. It's been very..helpful, lol.