looking for extremely sad songs

I know you've expressed some interest in gothic music before but I forget what you've checked out. Have you got these albums?

Joy Division - Closer
Christian Death - Catastrophe Ballet
The Sisters of Mercy - First and Last and Always

I find these albums generally to be very sad with a production that compliments the music well and really brings out the mood, especially being that bass instrument in this genre is really
emphasized. Also, they are melancholic while being sincere rather than contrived, and without being too boring.

Also, Sopor Aeternus' Songs From the Inverted Womb

And how about My Dying Bride:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPa5hwU-43Y&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
THis Band is from my country(Peru)---

Antony and the Johnsons

The fall of every season

Some of the dead can dance stuff is like what you want. One of my favorite bands. I do love them.

Lacrimosa, i love them I don't care about that people who says the are for posers. the 98% of their stuff is extremely sad

Here are some extreme sad/depressive songs:
Abyssic Hate - Despondency

Doom:VS - The Lachrymal Sleep

Forgotten Tomb - Scars

Silencer - Sterile Nails and Thunderbowel

Hope ya find something that you really like. These are some of my absolute favorite songs of all time.

Looking around cause I'm making a saddest songs ever written compilation, and I already put forgotten tomb's song springtime depression.

I already put forgotten tomb's song springtime depression, Looking around cause I'm making a saddest songs ever written compilation.I like to listen good lyrics songs. i love it.

This band isn't to extreme, but I love them a lot. if I remember right they are some type if metal like ambient or alternative.

I'd suggest their first two albums Vol 1 & Vol 2 since those are their darkest albums. Also you might want to check out their album called The Re-consumation.

Almost anything Agalloch or Insomnium. Woods of Ypres too. RIP David.

Although none of those bands are very extreme. I would have a hard time imagining a band that was both extreme and sad.

Also, Moon of my Nights by Kalmah. I might be alone here but I happen to think that song is pretty sad sounding. Old Man by Ensiferum used to make me want to cry for some strange reason--that's a relatively sad sounding song, haha, especially the way it ends.

Oh, actually, a good one would be Blade in the Snow by Whispered. It's fifteen minutes long and it's got a shit ton of different emotions in it, including joy, anger, and, of course, sorrow. It's a crazy epic, crazy good song. If you can, try and listen through the whole thing. I consider it one of the most underrated masterpiece songs in the melodic death metal genre.

Also, I'm sure you've heard this band thousands of times, but Wintersun is probably the most sad and extreme you're going to get without sacrificing either of those two elements. Beautiful Death is a really good song.

I would have a hard time imagining a band that was both extreme and sad.

I couldn't disagree more. Devastatingly sad music is the most extreme music in my opinion. I think slam / brutal death metal is the only thing that rivals it in terms of extremity. The depressive / suicidal black metal sub-genre is a testament to this. Bands like Abyssic Hate, Forgotten Tomb, and Xasthur. Funeral doom also has more than its fair share of despondent bands, like Nortt, Funeral, and Abyssmal Sorrow. If you don't think DSBM and funeral doom are extreme forms of music then I don't know what to tell you.