Looking for new music (albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
ShortStack said:
Ok i wont name the bands i like since there are mainly "albums" from bands i like. I know this is a metal forum and you hardcore metal heads will flame my liking, i could give a crap. I like music for what it is and i dont stuck in genres. Anyway here are some of my favorite cds. Pantera (all of their work), AFI (sing the sorrow), Opeth (blackwater/still life), The used (Both albums), System of a down (all their albums), Sublime (most of their work), Panic at the disco (mainly their radio songs, dont like the others), Rage against the machine (all their work), GnR (all), Megadeth (use to love them, kinda got over them), Killswitch Engage (think they have some of the best and worst songs ive heard from metal), Symphony X(all albums). Basically im giving you a glimpse of the styles i like can you guys suggest me some good songs/albums by bands, im not just looking for the name of the band, suggest me their work. Thanks a lot, and please be mature and dont flame

AFI? The Used? Panic at the disco!? Shame

All the rest are good though. Killswitch Engage have been good since 'The End of Heartache', Howard Jones is a much better vocalist than the other guy they had.

ShortStack said:
Ok i wont name the bands i like since there are mainly "albums" from bands i like. I know this is a metal forum and you hardcore metal heads will flame my liking, i could give a crap. I like music for what it is and i dont stuck in genres. Anyway here are some of my favorite cds. Pantera (all of their work), AFI (sing the sorrow), Opeth (blackwater/still life), The used (Both albums), System of a down (all their albums), Sublime (most of their work), Panic at the disco (mainly their radio songs, dont like the others), Rage against the machine (all their work), GnR (all), Megadeth (use to love them, kinda got over them), Killswitch Engage (think they have some of the best and worst songs ive heard from metal), Symphony X(all albums). Basically im giving you a glimpse of the styles i like can you guys suggest me some good songs/albums by bands, im not just looking for the name of the band, suggest me their work. Thanks a lot, and please be mature and dont flame

Get this man some Slayer-Reign in Blood STAT!

Necuratul said:
Yeah, get this man the worst of their first seven releases!

right, go get got hates us all, by far teh best slayer release :rolleyes:

1 - Hell Awaits
2 - Show No Mercy
3 - Haunting The Chapel
4 - South Of Heaven
5 - Live Undead
6 - Seasons In The Abyss
7 - Reign In Blood
8 - They stopped playing music after this iirc (not including Decade Of Aggression)

Necuratul said:
1 - Hell Awaits
2 - Show No Mercy
3 - Haunting The Chapel
4 - South Of Heaven
5 - Live Undead
6 - Seasons In The Abyss
7 - Reign In Blood
8 - They stopped playing music after this iirc (not including Decade Of Aggression)

Dude you are so out of touch with reality with your metal snobbery. Reign in Blood is Slayer's best album... END OF DISCUSSION. Live Undead better than RIB? Are you on crack?

Shut the fuck up. Reign In Blood, aside from the first and last songs, bleeds together more than any other album ever. Which makes it boring. Most of the songs have no personality whatsoever and is just mindless riffing.

Necuratul said:
Shut the fuck up. Reign In Blood, aside from the first and last songs, bleeds together more than any other album ever. Which makes it boring. Most of the songs have no personality whatsoever and is just mindless riffing.

The bleeding together is part of the whole point. It's not ten songs on an album it's a single work in ten related movements. The first and last being like large bookends.

It's not nearly such a sophisticated work to have been performed in such a way. The reality of the situation is that the songs are poorly composed aside from the bookmarks and are entirely interchangeable.

Necuratul said:
It's not nearly such a sophisticated work to have been performed in such a way. The reality of the situation is that the songs are poorly composed aside from the bookmarks and are entirely interchangeable.
I beg to differ. Altar of Sacrifice, Jesus Saves, Necrophobic, Piece by Piece, Postmortem all kick ass. The whole album just destroys. In the 12-13 years of listening to metal I have never met ANYONE who ever said that Live Undead is better than Reign in Blood. I have to assume that you are smoking crack right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.