Lord Of The Rings: The Return Of The King

The Lord Of The Rings bores me to death... sorry !!! It is so one-dimensional, can´t believe it and I also don´t like this childish and heroic stories, reality writes much more interesting and vivid stories!!!

i see it like this...tolkien wrote a wierd, wonderful story and the folks in new zealand made wierd, wonderful films. there has been alot of love gone into the making of these films, and alot of love went into writing the book in the first place. i think they did the very best they could, and they did very well. its funny how the money grabbers have got onto it by putting aragorn figures in our cornflakes, but as aragorn himself said, all that stuff to do with ther promotion and the money side of it all, its very much like
THE RING.
if there is one reason to respect what they have done here, its to hear him and the others talk about how much they gave of their lives towards it. how much they helped and loved eachother, thats what the lord of the rings is all about, to me.

by the way frodnat. did you ever read it? you might find the story resonates within your heart and shows alot of truths about reality...friendship and courage...thats real is it not?

pagan2002 said:
by the way frodnat. did you ever read it? you might find the story resonates within your heart and shows alot of truths about reality...friendship and courage...thats real is it not?
No I never did. I don´t like elves and that stuff. It is too far away from my world, sorry. I like the world I live in I don´t want to loose time or anything else by sinking into the world of Mr. Tolkiens fantasy. Reading things like the LOTR always involves a high level of playing with the elements this world has. But I don´t find them very interesting.

One thing fantasy-stories always do is breaking the reality. I like scifi a lot more, because scifi projects the real important things on a larger scale. Well good scifi-authors do it this way, like Lem or Strugatzki.

I don't see much difference between whether a fiction character happens to be elf or human, in regards to it saying something about anything. That said, I haven't really found the meaning of life by reading LOTR.

Anyway, I was about to go mad with "The Two Towers", a lot of massive changes from the book I just couldn't come to terms with, demystification of the ents (ancient creatures of Middleearth being tricked by a hobbit, come on, and they'd known already that the forest was cut down at Isenngard FFS), that cheesy speech Sam makes that replaced what the character of Faramir showed in his actions in the book (and how are Sam and Frodo supposed to reach Mordor in time if they're brought to Osgiliath at that time?), elves appearing at Helm's Deep, the exaggerated spelling out of Wormtongue and Aragorn being saved by a horse most notably in that order.

I like the books too much to pass a fair judgement on the work put into the movie I guess.

Frodnat said:
The Lord Of The Rings bores me to death... sorry !!! It is so one-dimensional, can´t believe it and I also don´t like this childish and heroic stories, reality writes much more interesting and vivid stories!!!

Reality BITES! That´s why Tolkien has got his books on a large silver screen now..

reality? how come you feel something is more real than other things? do you know what real is? or do you know only your real?

-----
Feeding off dead people doesnt mean youre alive.

I cannot wait to see the 3rd and final series (unless you count the hobbit). I thought the 1st was the best as it concentrated more on the story rather than action scenes -which were a little OTT at times. I did think the second was a great movie however, so no death threats please!

Take it easy, Tye, I also think the second part was better, I've seen only the movies, cause I'm not into LOTR itself at all. But the films captured my attention, even though they're long.

the story is great. the films are too. but most of all i like the art direction most: perhaps its not all according to official patterns and that, but i'm so crazy about all those celtic-like patterns and designs; Rivendel and King Theoden's banners, amazing!!
finalbanner3.jpg

im going this friday :D damn this night was the premiere.... mmmmmmm dunno if they did it in your coutries but here in belgium there was a marathon today. all 3 movies in a row :eek: ah well im gonna see the extended versions in a row as soon as possible hehe :Spin:
darn im wet all over :loco: ah friday cant come soon enough :hotjump:

III is just as good as the first two .. if its all on dvd i may try to watch them all at once