Lost...

^^Agreed. Don't make Sayid a bad guy! :yell:

So, a question... the "Oceanic 6".. I must have slipped into a coma when this was first talked about. Is it something like "the 6 who returned" or something totally different? I'm very confused o_O

Yes...it's the 6 people who were on flight 815 who made it back. I.E. the other individual at the end (don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet) wouldn't count. We already know about Jack, Kate, Hurley, and now Sayid. This list of who the 6 are leaked a while back and it's been accurate so far.

Last night's episode actually sort of made some things a bit more certain in my head at least...especially if you follow all the viral marketing and shit they've done.

also, I wouldn't go thinking Sayid is a "bad guy" just yet. He's clearly being manipulated at least to some extent, considering who we now know is involved.

Oh, well it's too bad that we already know only 6 come back. Maybe they are the only 6 that were known to come back and they all have crazy psycho lives now but the others (remember when that meant something else? o_O) came back under some other circumstances like a deal with Dharma or something and they get to live peacefully with happiness. Maybe the island is purgatory and you can choose which way you want to go. LOL!

I don't ike to read spoilers so I appreciate you not revealing too much. Can you elaborate on the viral marketing and whatnot you refer to?

Something has to happen to Sayyid to show what has the control over him in the future, and im not sure what it could be.

@shokro:there was a season 4 preview that was released at comic-con (i think) that showed another hatch that we hadn't seen on the show ( and still haven't). It offered some subtle (or not so subtle, depending on the way you see it I guess) on some things that occured in this weeks episode. Here's the link

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I almost don't know what to say after watching that. Magically appearing rabbits?! o_O 15 and 21 looked so similar I had to watch it again. I'm so perplexed and intrigued that I'm almost angry! :lol: Thanks for posting that! I never would have known about it otherwise. Now can you tell me anything else about it? :heh: :loco:

Wow, I almost don't know what to say after watching that. Magically appearing rabbits?! o_O 15 and 21 looked so similar I had to watch it again. I'm so perplexed and intrigued that I'm almost angry! :lol: Thanks for posting that! I never would have known about it otherwise. Now can you tell me anything else about it? :heh: :loco:

Watch again....they're both 15. I don't know much about it...at least not as much as the guys who have made huge websites devoted to their "lost theories", but here's my take on that. Don't read ahead if you haven't seen this week's episode...

Being that the two rabbits are (as far as we can tell) the same rabbit (this is just a theory/assumption), there either has to be some sort of time travel or parallel dimensions/existence. Between that and the time difference with the rocket, I think the parallel existence/alternate reality thing is given more stout. But then, that doesn't explain the fact that radio contact between the island and the ship is happening in real-time whereas physical things (the rocket) are not operating on the same time time when going between the two. Some other thoughts on things:

-the spy Ben has on the ship: I think it's Michael
-we aren't shown the exact nature of the deal Sayid made with Locke (which I have a strong feeling Ben was involved with as well) and I think that will have some serious bearing on the outcome of things
-anyone else notice that the chick Sayid was dating/killed had the same bracelet as Naomi. I recon the "economist" is the same guy behind the people who just arrived on the island
-I believe that Ben is having sayid kill all those associated with the economist to keep the islands secret safe. Why? Because those who aren't part of the 6 are still there, but primarily to keep the island safe
-Jack and Hurley want to go back to the island because everyone else is still stuck there
-wtf is up with Jack's dad in jacob's cabin?

@rms- I think Ben has leverage on Sayid (and likely jack and the others too) because he is able to get them back to the island in one way or another (i have an even stranger theory on "ben's" involvement off the island...but it's too much to bother typing:p). They are helping ben because they have to in order to help their friends. I also think the incident that Ben was referring to with the "remember what happened last time you thought with your heart instead of your gun" is something of significance that could be playing into why sayid is working for/with him

There are some good sights with some VERY interesting theories on the show that I'd reccomend seeking out if you're interested. One of my favorite things about the show is how many little easter eggs there are throughout. If I didn't check online every week for updates I sure as hell wouldn't catch half of them, there are so many subtle things in the show that can really affect whatever you think is going on. For the longest time I didn't really think they were going to take the show somewhere really cool and deep like they are simply because it's such a popular show and the average viewer isn't going to put the effort into thinking about a lot of that...but they've really proven me wrong.

PS....I had a much much longer explanation of my theory on the rabbits and their relationship to what's going on in this weeks episode and the island in general...but I ended up defeating my own logic after about 5 paragraphs:erk:

Definitely one of my favorite episodes since season 1. Desmond and Penny have such a great back story, and it's really interesting how she's been looking for him for 3 yrs, knows about the island, and is willing to do whatever it takes to find him. Would be a real shame if Desmond ever gets killed off.

Meedley, you made my head spin! But this past episode sheds a LOT of light on the rabbit video!

Yeah Desmond better not get killed off, nor Sayid. I would be a whole new shade of disappointed if that happened because I absolutely love where these stories are going. The Penny story was brilliant, and I have a feeling it will only get better as we figure out why she's been looking for him for 3 years and how she knows about island (or more, how long has she known about the island, since Charlie or before?) Daniel Faraday asked if Desmond had been exposed to large amounts of radiation, and I'd like to take this moment to remind myself of something.... was it Desmond who turned the key to shut off the electro-magnetic shield as the sky went purple?

Also, I missed last week's again so I watched the rerun right before the new one. During the rerun, there were pop-ups with extra information throughout the entire episode along the bottom of the screen. These popups were chock-full of hidden details that would bend your mind, but also really helped to understand a little more about what's going on. A lot of it was recapping as they were talking, but some was like "The song playing in the background is the theme from Xandau, a story about a fictional island where dreams come true." or "Kate's lawyer played in the movie Frequency where his name was Jack Shephard." :loco: Did they show this during the episode or is it something they added to the rerun? If they added it, maybe they will do it for every episode during the rerun prior to the new episode - so make sure to watch it again, you might discover more like I did!

They do that every week for the previous episode, @ 8EST. And Sayid can't get killed off because he made it back and is an Oceanic 6.

or more, how long has she known about the island, since Charlie or before?
i think she knew about it before, because Naomi (the girl loche killed with a knife) had a picture of penny/desmund with her; and then lied to desmund saying "its penny's boat, she sent us to find you". so im pretty sure she already knew about the island before charlie.

was it Desmond who turned the key to shut off the electro-magnetic shield as the sky went purple?
yep

i think she knew about it before, because Naomi (the girl loche killed with a knife) had a picture of penny/desmund with her; and then lied to desmund saying "its penny's boat, she sent us to find you". so im pretty sure she already knew about the island before charlie.

It was also interesting that Sayid and Desmond were told on the barge that they were given strict orders not to answer any incoming calls, and more specifically, any calls from Penny.

This furthers my suspicions that some rather wealthy, powerful individuals back home not only played a role in who ended up on the island, but also are playing a role in trying to keep both their disappearance and the island a secret. This, of course, would be Widmore and Paik Industries(Penny and Sun's fathers.)

i had the same though of that when that smart guy from the ship, i forget his name, entered the show...the one who talks fast.

this is cos i think that his character is on the show to explain and be the base for more of the scientifical reasons and such behind whts going on, and some mysteries about the island. up til than most of it was portrayed as supernatural things in many ways.

what gets me is thinking back to previous episodes, and even seasons, all the things left unknown. somethings that happened even during past seasons, not just 3, that havent been touched on since.