Lost...

yea. i mean the most obvious relation for Jack to me is that even though his name is spelled win an a (shephArd), it still symbolizes that hes the leader who controls/maintains the rest of the, "flock".

the only other one im looking into might be getting somehwere is Katherine Anne (kate) Austen.
there was a novelist Jane Austen whos neice is Catherine Anne. that may just be an odd coincidence because i dont really see any similarities with their views/ideas, etc.

-edit-
Jacob possibly any relation to the biblical jacob? i just looked up alot, even going as far to think the relationship between biblical jacob and his brother esau might be similar to the relationship of ben linus and jacob (from lost). i just came up with contradictions though, probably because half of my sources are stupid people writing un-intelligent scrap on a website.

I believe that we will come to find out there are many subtleties peppered into the dialogue between Locke and Ben that will prove extremly interesting.

Yes, watching the rerun with footnotes each week is very helpful with figuring out some of the subtle details that truly make a difference.

No-Mercy said:
it still symbolizes that hes the leader who controls/maintains the rest of the, "flock".
That's one of the first comparisons that was made and so far it holds up. I laughed when Sawyer said something like, "Baaaa! Just like sheep." :lol:

Right!?! And maybe Sawyer will take his shirt off while he does it! :loco: At least Ben doesn't have anymore aces up his sleeve... or so he says. But now to figure out why Penny's dad told his boat to never answer her calls for Desmond. One thing ya'll don't know if you didn't watch the repeat of the time travel episode is that there is something very special about the ship who's Captain's Log was being auctioned off and Penny's dad won... on top of that, "the contents of this book have never been revealed to anyone outside of the immediate family.." So only the people on the ship and Penny's dad know what's in that book, which is undoubtedly secrets about the island.

Right!?!But now to figure out why Penny's dad told his boat to never answer her calls for Desmond. One thing ya'll don't know if you didn't watch the repeat of the time travel episode is that there is something very special about the ship who's Captain's Log was being auctioned off and Penny's dad won... on top of that, "the contents of this book have never been revealed to anyone outside of the immediate family.." So only the people on the ship and Penny's dad know what's in that book, which is undoubtedly secrets about the island.

I think he told the boat not to answer Penny's calls because he wants Desmond to remain on the island. Additionally, when we saw Ben's surveillance footage of Mr. Widmore, we were informed of his desire to locate and exploit the island. I'm guessing he'd even hurt his own daughter to do that.

About the ship, call The Black Rock. For starters, it's on the island which is crazy. But also, how the hell did the Captain's Log find its way off the island after it crashed there? I'm interested to know what Ben knows about the Black Rock.

And another thing... Juliet tells Jack that Ben told her to kill Charlotte and Faraday, claiming he "got to her," or something like that. Jack questions how he did that, of course because he knows Ben is being held captive. Certainly Juliet is referring to Harper, the psychologist, or at least the incarnation of her. Did this instance blatantly imply that Ben has some degree of control over the smoke monster?

@Sh0k.
How bout Kate does that too?
Ben, well I still think he has plenty to "bargain" with as he says.

@Rocky.
I think it may have indeed implied some greater connection between Ben and that smoke monster.

--names--
2 new possibilites im looking at.

Katherine (kate) Anne Austen: Novelist named Jane Austen in late
1700's toa early 1800's. She was real concerned with moral issues. Her neice was named Catherine Anne. I think i just found a wierd coincidence with this one, even though the combination of those names make Kate's, because there is just no reason for the name to derive from these novelists.

#2 Theory: Katherine Anne Porter was an american author. She worked, (described for her penetrating insight), with dark-tone ideas like human evil, death, and betrayal. Her only "novel" was about the lives of a group of international travelers.
-I think this one is much more likely, there are some comparisons.

Benjamin Linus: dont laugh at this, im serious...ha.
anyone ever seen charlie brown? Linus was one of the main characters. He is very smart, and usually acs as a philosopher/theologian type. He created his own "quasi-religious" being, that mysteriously is said to appear. actually...i might be getting desperate here...

Does anyone else think Penny's dad made that sailboat race just to find the island?

Extremely possible. Perhaps he also knew Desmond would compete in the race, which would lead me to question if he was tied in with Libby giving Des her boat. Her dead husband sounded wealthy, so it's not out of the question that Libby knew Widmore. I still can't wait to find out more on her back story, which allegedly we will this season.

Maybe the returning character is Mr Echo. I would like to see him back on the show, his back-story was amazing and he only "died" from whatever that black fog was (Jacob maybe?)

I don't think that the fog kills people. I think it's more of a symbol of them switching realms.

Has anybody run a check on the name Hugo? I know Hurley gets called that all the time from Sawyer and Locke.

i have before, but got nothing.
i can only assume its because hugo is quite huge.

there was a guy named victor hugo, but absolutely nothing in common.

maybe it stands for Human Genome Project? hah
no wait, i got it, its after the prefume HUGO fragrances. after all, hurley sure does strike you as someone who would smell like peaches. :lol:

Micheal- knew it!

but i really am getting sick of the show from the commercials. each commercial break is just as long or longer than the time the show was on.

tonights show was only about a half hour with commercials factored out. its really irritating, all the other seasons had been 43-46 minutes.

This episode had alot more content than alot of other episodes that are like 40-45m, no complaints last night except my boy Jin is gonna croak! :(

Drat, I missed it again! I've been so doped up from meds I'm taking this week that I was completely unconscious! I shouldn't have come here, just spoiled two things for myself especially about Jin :( I like him too much for him to get canned :mad: Well, are the episodes available for streaming on the website after they are shown?? o_O

So, "don't trust the captain." Fair enough, but should we believe everything he said was a complete lie? Are crew members really suffering from "cabin fever" or something else? Is he telling the truth about Ben's involvement with the staged crash site? And assuming Michael gave Desmond and Sayid that note, why should they trust him? After all, he's working for Ben. Not to mention how he sold everyone out to get off the island.

Also, with both Paik and Widmore mentioned in this episode, I really think they writers are trying to build up to something with them. Something big, where perhaps we come to see the scope of their involvement with the island.

All in all, a pretty boring episode considering Michael's return has been known since the beginning of the season.