Lost...

I wonder if these writers are making it up as they go! :lol:

I bet they are making it up as they go. I read somewhere that the red-headed gal that plays Charlotte had a bit of difficulty trying to figure out how to act out her role .. mainly because the producers/directors wouldn't give her any backstory to follow. She basically doesn't know much about the character she is supposed to be playing. I don't know if that's because it hasn't been written, or because it has been written and the powers that be want to keep things under wraps for fear of leaks.

Britt

So you guys think that not everyone is dead and someway being forced on the island/not being able to get back once rescued? hrm

So you guys think that not everyone is dead and someway being forced on the island/not being able to get back once rescued? hrm

Yes. I think there was a flash forward comment made by Ben regarding the safety of the people still on the island, I think. It would also explain Jack's guilt, and the strange secrecy between the other Oceanic 6.

Also, Locke has said he doesn't want to leave. Ditto for Sawyer.

Why would Jin stay though. I mean he had some terrible work it appeared but other than that I dont see it, especially with a pregnant wife.

Why would Jin stay though. I mean he had some terrible work it appeared but other than that I dont see it, especially with a pregnant wife.
He might not have had a choice ... maybe it was dictated to the Losties who could go, and who couldn't. Maybe the only way of rescue is that helicopter, or some other small craft that is yet to appear on the scene.

Britt

He might not have had a choice ... maybe it was dictated to the Losties who could go, and who couldn't. Maybe the only way of rescue is that helicopter, or some other small craft that is yet to appear on the scene.

Britt

Perhaps the "window" of opportunity of leaving the island was closing, or being closed quickly. Perhaps there was one chance for people to leave, and perhaps it was even put to a vote, forcing some fast and hard decisions.

Britt

Maybe there was only so many people who could go back and when it came down to Jin or Sun, Jin choose to sacrifice himself and have Sun go back so that she could have their baby. Instead, if she stayed on the island and Jin went back, she would have died. Jin & Sun are a true love story, so him sacrificing himself for the benefit of his wife and unborn child follows perfectly. "No hunnie... YOU go! Save yourself and our child! If you love me, you'll go!" I can hear it now :cool:

Jin & Sun are a true love story, so him sacrificing himself for the benefit of his wife and unborn child follows perfectly.

Uh, Sun cheated on Jin and feared being pregnant with another man's kid, so I'm not sure how "true" their love story is. She also never came clean about it, with Jin instead finding out abruptly via Juliet. He also kept things from her regarding his job, and I think I also recall him striking her at one point. Though it sounds typical of many marriages in the U.S. culture, it hardly sounds romantic.

I'm not really into the love stories, but the best of the bunch without a doubt is Desmond/Penny. Desmond is basically Odysseus who can't get home to his Penelope, but she waits, and waits for his return. They will be reunited in due time.

Britt

Though it sounds typical of many marriages in the U.S. culture, it hardly sounds romantic.
Well exactly! I said nothing about it being solely romantic, but their marriage relationship has been the focus of their storyline. Even through all these hardships, they still loved eachother. What marriage hasn't had problems, and what love story hasn't overcome obstacles? ;) From the beginning, their story has been about their relationship. Maybe he does turn his back on her, or maybe she leaves him and regrets it later? I guess we'll find out.. someday.... :rolleyes:

Solid episode, but I am sort of pissed that it's not coming back until April 24th, what bull
That's been known for a long time now. A little thing called the "writers strike" kind of put a crimp in the original plan to show 16 episodes in a row.

As for the episode .. really good .. much better than the last two in my opinion.

I thought it was kind of wild how Michael couldn't *do certain things*... fate and course correction in action I guess. I still think he will wind up being the guy in the coffin that we saw at the end of last season.

I've been thinking of late that Ben is really a good guy .. his methods seem so devious the way he manipulates everyone, but he's got to get certain things accomplished any way he can to save the island from being discovered and exploited. Then again .. it could be another in a long line of Benjamin Linus con jobs.

Britt

Oh I had no idea Lost was impacted too :(

The thing that im worrying about now is WHO is lying about the fake-815 crash?!
Yeah, I think this season will actually be shortened by 2 or 3 episodes as well. I think after they return in April we'll get 5 episodes in a row .. the last of which will be the season finale. That would make for 13 episodes this season instead of the planned 16 prior to the strike.

Who's conning who .. good question. I'm believing the freighter people, and Charles Widmore are the bad guys, and Ben is actually a good guy. I'm thinking Ben will now try to work with Locke, and Losties to kill off the threat of the freighter people.

It looks like we're in store for some exciting episodes after the short break.

Britt

What .. were you a Carl fan? I didn't know Carl had any fans. Did you want Rousseau to get axed?

Britt

Rousseau was who I was referring to. I could give a rat's ass about Carl. But unlike you, I was trying not to throw any spoilers out there for those who might not be able to see it until today. Thanks for making my efforts a complete waste of time. :Smug:

Rousseau was who I was referring to. I could give a rat's ass about Carl. But unlike you, I was trying not to throw any spoilers out there for those who might not be able to see it until today. Thanks for making my efforts a complete waste of time. :Smug:
Good point .. I'll keep that in mind. I'd edit, but you've already quoted my response, so that would be pointless at this point. Oh well, Carl isn't exactly a main cog in the LOST wheel.

I post about Lost in a few different spots .. mostly of which is consisted of people wo actually watch the show each week, and then comment on the episode afterwards. It's pretty inevitable that people that don't watch regularly will be spoiled from time to time.

Britt

Hopefully we get more of a back story on Rousseau later on. She was an interesting character, and it always seemed odd how "little" she knew having been there for 17 yrs.

Efforts of not posting spoilers are indeed a waste of time. This thread has clearly developed into one that immediately discusses the most recent episode. If someone hasn't seen the newest episode, why venture into a thread knowing spoilers are immenent?

Hopefully we get more of a back story on Rousseau later on. She was an interesting character, and it always seemed odd how "little" she knew having been there for 17 yrs.

Efforts of not posting spoilers are indeed a waste of time. This thread has clearly developed into one that immediately discusses the most recent episode. If someone hasn't seen the newest episode, why venture into a thread knowing spoilers are immenent?
I would expect a Rousseau backstory at some point .. at least I hope so. She came to the island by boat, and had to kill everyone because they had the sickness. I always wanted to see how that played out. It reminds me of how some of the people on the freighter are now getting sick. Hmm, I wonder if there is a tie in of sorts?

I agree about the spoilers .. I guess it would probably be wise for someone to change the thread to say LOST **SPOILERS** to help people from getting info they don't want to see yet. I do agree though .. if someone ventures into a Lost related thread prior to seeing the shows the chances of them seeing spoilers is very high.

Britt