Lost...

YOu mustve missed Bens line where he said 'youd be surprised what any man would do to get his son back'

No, didn't miss that. It just doesn't change the fact that Michael, among other shitty things, murdered two people who did nothing to him in attempt at getting his son back. After Walt's abduction, Michael was a hot-headed loose canon who could not be reasoned with. From his point of view, he did what he needed to do. From everyone else's perspectives, his word may not mean shit. He may very well help Des and Sayid, but I guarantee Sayid won't blindly trust what may just be a wolf in sheep's clothing.

^+1

I thought the episode was pretty sweet. Assuming they held true to the last of the Oceanic 6 being revealed in this past episode, I guess they are counting Aaron as one of the 6. So we've got Jack, Kate, Hurley, Aaron, Sun, and Sayid. Interesting.

^+1

I thought the episode was pretty sweet. Assuming they held true to the last of the Oceanic 6 being revealed in this past episode, I guess they are counting Aaron as one of the 6. So we've got Jack, Kate, Hurley, Aaron, Sun, and Sayid. Interesting.

It was a little vague, because Jin certainly may have gotten off the island and died after he returned home, making him part of the Oceanic 6. No doubt they'll keep us wondering that for a long time.

Jin didn't get off the island. His scenes were a flashback (the shop owner alluded to it being the year of the dragon, the last of which was 2000). Also, when Sun and Hurley went to his grave, the Date of Death on it was Sept. 22, 2004 (the date the plane crashed on the island). We can assume that he's still stuck on the island or dead, but never made it off.

Jin didn't get off the island. His scenes were a flashback (the shop owner alluded to it being the year of the dragon, the last of which was 2000). Also, when Sun and Hurley went to his grave, the Date of Death on it was Sept. 22, 2004 (the date the plane crashed on the island). We can assume that he's still stuck on the island or dead, but never made it off.

I understand it was a flashback. It just seems strange, is all. Why would Sun allow his headstone to list Sept. 22, 2004 as his DOD, when she knows damn well that he didn't die(if he is dead) in the crash? My only idea is that it has something to do with this big "secret" that Jack and Hurley have talked about keeping quiet. Based on Jin's headstone and DOD, it must be important to maintain that everyone else died in the crash.

Perhaps the last member of the Oceanic 6 was in the coffin.

That was my first thought. Problem is, when Jack and Kate were in the room with the coffin there was no one there. So it either was "after the services" or the person in the coffin was either not liked (i.e. Ben) or not known (which now could be Jin), then again I assumed that Sun was in Korea and Hurley visited her there. So why would there be a service in the States?

I understand it was a flashback. It just seems strange, is all. Why would Sun allow his headstone to list Sept. 22, 2004 as his DOD, when she knows damn well that he didn't die(if he is dead) in the crash? My only idea is that it has something to do with this big "secret" that Jack and Hurley have talked about keeping quiet. Based on Jin's headstone and DOD, it must be important to maintain that everyone else died in the crash.

If the headstone said sept 22 2004 wouldnt that imply he died on the island?

If the headstone said sept 22 2004 wouldnt that imply he died on the island?
Not really ... that's the day the plane crashed, not the day Jin died. On the surface he's been alive for more than 90 days after the crash, so if he were to die in the show next week it would give him a death date around Christmas. My guess is that the guy is still alive ... just stuck on the island with a lot of other people. Sun is following the cover story she was given to insure her rescue from the island.

Britt

Well I know he didnt die on the crash, I didnt say that, but if he came back for the rescue Sept. 22nd wouldn't really fit :p

Not really ... that's the day the plane crashed, not the day Jin died. On the surface he's been alive for more than 90 days after the crash, so if he were to die in the show next week it would give him a death date around Christmas. My guess is that the guy is still alive ... just stuck on the island with a lot of other people. Sun is following the cover story she was given to insure her rescue from the island.

Britt

Well, we THINK he's been alive for 90 days... remember, they've introduced the whole idea about how the island operates in a sort of time vacuum... from the missle/probe thing that Faraday launched to the helicopter seemingly being gone for three days to the people on the island when it had only been gone for a couple hours. If there is one thing I'm sure of about this show... It is the fact that I'm not SURE about anything. :lol:

Well, we THINK he's been alive for 90 days... remember, they've introduced the whole idea about how the island operates in a sort of time vacuum... from the missle/probe thing that Faraday launched to the helicopter seemingly being gone for three days to the people on the island when it had only been gone for a couple hours. If there is one thing I'm sure of about this show... It is the fact that I'm not SURE about anything. :lol:
Yeah .. I was thinking about that as I typed my reply ... that's why I said "on the surface". The title of the show is fitting most times. I still enjoy it though .. clearly my favorite show.

Britt

Yeah .. I was thinking about that as I typed my reply ... that's why I said "on the surface". The title of the show is fitting most times. I still enjoy it though .. clearly my favorite show.

Britt

Agree wholeheartedly. It's my #1 show on the TiVo season pass list ("One show to rule them all?") :lol:

I think Jin really is dead. Why would Sun be crying her eyes out that he died when it's only her and Hugo there unless he was really dead. It's not like Hugo would be out of the loop.
She could be crying because she misses him really bad, and carries a lot of guilt. Think about it .. it would be pretty traumatic for her to know that he is still alive, but there is nothing she can do about it to get him back.

I thought it was odd that she was calling out for Jin during her delivery. Either she hasn't come to grips that he is dead, or she hasn't come to grips that he is alive, but still stuck on the island. I think it's the latter.

We know from other flashforwards that Hurley and Jack discuss how they are tired of lying. I think it's pretty clear the Oceanic 6 was given a story they have to stick too that isn't true. Jack got up in court for Kate, and started to tell the concocted story. In a later flashforward he tells Kate that they need to go back to the island. I think Sun is also forced to lie about some things as well.

Britt

right, but just like Jack feels fine telling Kate he's tired of lying and wants to go back, Sun should feel the same with Hugo.

I mean it was clear she was acting as if he died, but that would be like Jack acting kate really did save them all when its only him and kate talking. i just dont see why theyd have her play that out since it was only her and hugo there, and theyd both be in on the same thing.

right, but just like Jack feels fine telling Kate he's tired of lying and wants to go back, Sun should feel the same with Hugo.

I mean it was clear she was acting as if he died, but that would be like Jack acting kate really did save them all when its only him and kate talking. i just dont see why theyd have her play that out since it was only her and hugo there, and theyd both be in on the same thing.
It took Jack a while to get to the point where he was when he met Kate at the end of the runway. That apperantly took place quite a while after they returned from the island. It seems Sun has only been off the island for a matter of months. Who knows though .. it's just all speculation. It's a part of what makes the show so good.

Britt

It took Jack a while to get to the point where he was when he met Kate at the end of the runway. That apperantly took place quite a while after they returned from the island. It seems Sun has only been off the island for a matter of months. Who knows though .. it's just all speculation. It's a part of what makes the show so good.

Britt

Maybe not all the flashforwards are to the same time. Perhaps the runway happened waaaay after the trial, and the scenes with Sun ARE just a few months off the island. ?!?!?!

Maybe not all the flashforwards are to the same time. Perhaps the runway happened waaaay after the trial, and the scenes with Sun ARE just a few months off the island. ?!?!?!
I think the runway flashforward was probably 2 to 3 years after the Sun scenes. I think the Sun scenes are late 2004/early 2005, and the Jack/Kate runway scene was from 2007. Hurley probably winds up back in the loony bin in 2006 or so. Jack was doing pretty well at that time, but he was in the early stages of a drinking problem (loaded up his OJ with vodka) prior to going to see Hurley.

Britt

i definitly think sun, than kate, than hurley, than jack as far as flashforwards go. who even knows with sayid...lol.

anyone else think anythign like the island is actually viritually no time or something. like, thats why nobody had found it or its so hard, because like a year on the island is just 1 day in reality or something. idk, i was just thinking about it.
i mean, has there ever been a scene/episode that shows just outside the electro-field that surrounds the island during the night? i cant remember any boat scenes or anything like that on the outside.

now thinking about it im doubting myself, but idk. i just cant remember any episode that showed nighttime off the island (excluding flashbacks/forwards)

i definitly think sun, than kate, than hurley, than jack as far as flashforwards go. who even knows with sayid...lol.

anyone else think anythign like the island is actually viritually no time or something. like, thats why nobody had found it or its so hard, because like a year on the island is just 1 day in reality or something. idk, i was just thinking about it.
i mean, has there ever been a scene/episode that shows just outside the electro-field that surrounds the island during the night? i cant remember any boat scenes or anything like that on the outside.

now thinking about it im doubting myself, but idk. i just cant remember any episode that showed nighttime off the island (excluding flashbacks/forwards)

Juliette's sister died (we assume) while Juliette was on the island, and if I remember correctly it was within 6 months, but it certainly wasn't the same day. So I don't think that the rest of the world has gone through only 1 day. Also because the wreckage was found and the bodies accounted for when the people dropped on from the helicopter claiming to rescue them. That's a lot to do in one day - locate a wreckage in the sea, recover the bodies, process and confirm them all before sending out a search team? It was already broad daylight when the plane took off (if I remember) so the day was already in full progress. BUT that's a really good observation that there don't seem to be any nighttime scenes! Well I can't remember any anyway. Perhaps when the magnetic field was turned off is when time went screwy, making it difficult for people to return, hence most are "dead", and hence the Egyptian symbols of death and judgment on the clock when the computer ran out of time.

I wonder if these writers are making it up as they go! :lol: