Lyrical Content > Music?

Black Friday, it's not so much that Christians let it happen...but that hypocrite Christians let it happen. so I don't think you should hate Christians...just hate the ones that are stupid and are hypocritical.

Joe Forth and Die lol uhm yeah I won't say anything :p

Vilden I know it's not weird, cause alot of Christians and Catholics I know do it. but unlike them, I refuse to. that's all. and Mort got mad at me for it so whatever.

As far as this whole religion thing goes, people just need to be more respectful on these forums. You can have your reasons for despising Christianity, but don't insult people because they disagree with you. It's childish and offensive; not only to those you're insulting, but to others who feel embarrassed for sharing this board with you.

I assume this is because I have hit the proverbial nail on the head.

no that's not why. :rolleyes:
I don't like arguing, especially with people that I like and share common interest with, for us it's metal.
Not all my friends are Christian, a couple of them are athiest and we get along fine...I want to do the same here cause I like alot of the people here :kickass:

no that's not why. :rolleyes:
I don't like arguing, especially with people that I like and share common interest with, for us it's metal.

But argument is part of life. If we were just to accept things and not challenge ideas we would still think the world was flat, and electricity was devil magic.

Why can't you say anything about my statement? The only proof of God is a book claiming he exists.

That is true Joe. but you see what happened with me and Mort? it turned into a big arguement...I don't like that.
I'm fine with discussing such subjects, but I don't wanna get into an arguement and then insults be spewd or someone get offended. So far there have been a couple of noob metalheads here (not talking about Mort) they were in the death metal section so I just stopped reading their replies. haha but overall I like everyone here and well I just don't want to argue, it's nice when there isn't any.

How about hating the vast majority of Christians for allowing their Church to do the kind of bullshit it does?
Start down that path and you either wind up being a hypocrite or hating the entire human race.

The difference being there are things to support the existance of gravity.

All we got is a book to support God.

In that case, I believe in the Famous Five, and animals that can talk and have little villages.
:lol:
I'm not qualified to argue this, because I don't believe in god, but there's also the existence of the universe itself. I'd say that's the best piece of evidence.

As far as this whole religion thing goes, people just need to be more respectful on these forums. You can have your reasons for despising Christianity, but don't insult people because they disagree with you. It's childish and offensive; not only to those you're insulting, but to others who feel embarrassed for sharing this board with you.
It's true.
I'm getting sick of this. I realize I'm something of an offender myself, but frankly I think this needs to flat out stop. These are discussion boards, not flaming boards. We need to disagree with people's opinions more and insult people's intelligence/ethnicity/sexual orientation/physical appearance/etc less.
This applies to GMD, not to social. Intelligent discussion is banned in social.

I'm thinking it might be worthwhile to create a thread for this sort of discussion in social. I'm also thinking it could be a complete disaster. So I need to take a quick poll: Christianity thread, yea or nay?

I'm thinking it might be worthwhile to create a thread for this sort of discussion in social. I'm also thinking it could be a complete disaster. So I need to take a quick poll: Christianity thread, yea or nay?

lol dude sure. BUT, can you clarify in it that there be no insults and to keep it cool?

more than likely, the thread would turn to crap haha but yeah go ahead and try it.

Well, the thread is up in social. it either works or it doesn't. There'll be some flamers (probably death delirium), but we can ignore them.

:lol::lol::lol:

Btw, here's a belated welcome to UM.
WELCOME TO UM!
That will never ever, ever, ever happen on this forum. If someone disagrees with something, they will declare. Usually utilising the word 'faggot'.
Nay from me.

what? lol

and yeah I noticed death delirium...that's the metal guy I was talking about

EDIT: oh nevermind, I didn't know what UM meant. haha I get it now...sorry =/

he hates brutal death? I thought he loved it to be honest.
I'm new here...it's my second day so I wouldn't know. and I got into an arguement over Norther with him and someone else I don't remember. it was in the death metal thread and I mentioned them and everything went downhill :lol:

lyrics matter if they are understandable when listening. the lyrics have to be good if a band is going to make them comprehensible. or at least they should be entertaining i.e. manowar.

he hates brutal death? I thought he loved it to be honest.
I'm new here...it's my second day so I wouldn't know. and I got into an arguement over Norther with him and someone else I don't remember. it was in the death metal thread and I mentioned them and everything went downhill :lol:

To be honest, a lot of people really don't care for Norther here. I personally think they have a few good songs, but on the whole they're not really my favorite. Still, I do like a lot of melodic death metal. Do you listen to any more of the genre?