\m/ Thrash Metal Discussion \m/

Oh yeah...but I meant that the band Exodus that recorded after Bonded By Blood is not the same band, not that Gary Holt is an imposter.

Crystal clear to me. Like I said I'm not Exodus fan never could stand either Baloff or Sousa. And when Dukes finally came...he didn't did anything for me either :lol:.

As for re-recording BBB, I feel it was a wrong move. As an example somebody in Hollywood decided to remake "The Day The Earth Stood Still" with Keannu Reaves :puke:and changing the spirit of the original (judging by the trailers). Some things in life are kind of sacred, you don't mess with them. BBB was an album that defined a band in a certain era, you can't change that or play with it, it's like re-recording "Heaven And Hell", "Powerslave", "Stained Class", "Reign In Blood", "Melissa" or any other classic album. Maybe I'm been unfair but that's my view on the subject.

I came across a really good band last week also, they are called Dekapitator, they r more brutal thrash, formed in 96' i think, they released their second album last year "the storm before the calm" really good headbanging shit, especially the s/t track.

Good Find man!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuck me I had no idea they had re recorded BBB till I just read Wyvern's post. What a fucking disgrace. I thought Destruction rerecording their classics on that Thrash Anthems was bad. But to fuck with Bonded by Blood is heresy. But after The atrocious ‘Atrocity Exhibit’ with it’s 30 seconds of musical ideas stretched into 7 min songs, you can kinda understand. But it’s a fucking shit thing to do.

Like some of you would have noticed, alot of old school thrash metal bands have reformed and heading straight back to their roots, 80's pure fucking thrash, for example: Heathen, Forbidden, Exumer, Whiplash, Nuclear Assault, Toxik, Razor, Onslaught, Holy Terror, Death Angel and Testament well Alex Skolnick has rejoined and Chuck Billy is better than ever id say its more a re-union.

And what about the albums that came out this year as well as what is expected next year, slayer, megadeth, anthrax, morbid angel exodus and a shit load more all have albums on the works.

Like the list could go on with all the old school bands reforming, and what about the second generation of thrash metal that we are seeing today like merciless death, evile, violator and warbringer.

I seriously doubt any of these bands will be reforming for money or anything else for that matter except for the love and passion they have for the genre all these bands created.

Its got me and hopefully you thinking is their a thrash metal revival heading our way? Fuck I hope so.........

Woah, woah, woah. Where did you hear Holy Terror were back together? I know there was talk of it last year but Kurt felt that he couldn't do their legacy justice so it wasn't going to happen.
I'd love for them to reunite, they're my favorite thrash band. if you have any info/llinks, please post them.
Looking forward to new Lethal (US), Toxik, Paradox, Kreator, Tankard, Whiplash, Atheist, Virus (uk) etc. all putting out new material in the near future

Fuck me I had no idea they had re recorded BBB till I just read Wyvern's post. What a fucking disgrace. I thought Destruction rerecording their classics on that Thrash Anthems was bad. But to fuck with Bonded by Blood is heresy. But after The atrocious ‘Atrocity Exhibit’ with it’s 30 seconds of musical ideas stretched into 7 min songs, you can kinda understand. But it’s a fucking shit thing to do.

It sounds pretty fucking good actually.

Hey dude I wasn't bagging death metal. What I was saying was in 1990 I was 20 years old, there was a whole new group of kids listening to Napalm Death and Carcass, but my mates were happy with our thrash. That was until we were hit with disappointment after disappointment. Anthrax kicking out Joey, rockier sounding albums, I just think a lot of thrash fans the world over smelt a rat (because; despite society’s misconceptions, the Metal subculture is one above the average intellect) and until Pantera at least, they turned their backs on the thrash scene altogether in favour of Death Metal and long sleeve t-shirts. I think Pantera knew this, and no matter how big they got, they always tried to reinforce their ties to the Metal underground.
But the Florida Death Metal Scene had a lot to offer. Morbid angel became one of my fav all-time bands. The Morbid pentagram was the first tattoo I ever got. And Chuck R.I.P. from Death was one of Metal’s true geniuses. I can’t say I listen to a lot of contempry Death Metal, Decapitated in the only one of recent years that has gotten me excited. But some of the albums from that period between ’89 and ’94 were solid gold.
But wading through years of horrible Nu Metal, it wasn’t back catalogues of Death Metal I scoured looking for quality I may have missed. It was Thrash.

Well that all sounds very familiar. Nicely put, the longsleeve t-shirt part made me chuckle. I bought so many of those but hey, at least I didn't succumb to the happy pants fad.

It was really hard to stomach watching thrash go the way it went but I was already getting into the more extreme stuff, so everything you've said made perfect sense.

Now that I got their newest album I definitively have to add Horcas from Argentina. The fact that they sing in Spanish probably have precluded them to get a wider audience but they really have a good discography, being the first two albums rawer and then after a hiatus a more consistent polished speed/thrash sound.

I dunno.
Revival to me is the wrong word.
A bunch of oldschool bands releasing albums isn't really a revival. And the total sales of the new bands probably isn't 50,000 all together.
I want the revival of a MOVEMENT.
(I like Atrocity Exhibit and The Art Of Dying for the record)

Hehe, they truly are an amazing band.
Dont know why they lacked recognition,
their like the AC/DC of Thrash Metal.
Both Aussie and both awesome.

well i live in melbourne and i think i have an answer as to why Mortal Sin wernt as big as Shitallica, coming from a country like australia the music scene really isnt big down here, and mortal sin are like one of a kind in australian music as there are not too many aussie thrash bands let me tell you, and to expose your music under an independent record label back in 86' would of been quite difficult and from what i recall Mortal Sin never went global like ACCA DACCA i know they recorded a few albums in London, but for many people here who hate all that mainstream and chart music and like the underground stuff would obviouslly have herd of a number of old school metal bands.

Mortal Sin recently toured with testament back in september around the capital cities in australia, so if you think mortal sin have the lack of recognition that they deserve then really thats your own oppinion and not really facts, just because they never sold out, and arent on the top charts in music and never have been in the past doesn't mean shit really, id rather them stay underground and have less fanbase because the metal heads who love their work really are true metal heads, only people who support underground bands really are true fans of what music they like.

Along with the first Hobbs Angel Of Death "Mayhemic Destruction" is the best Australian thrash album of the 80s. Lars Ulrich was also a big fan of Mortal Sin back in the day and they even supported Metallica on their first Australian tour in 1989.

An Absence of Faith another solid album by the Aussie Thrashers :headbang:

Talking about metal from Down Under, don´t forget mighty Slaughter Lord. Not so known as Mortal Sin or Hobbs Angel Of Death but great too.

I've started this new thread because i have an uncontrollable obsession for thrash metal, whether its technical thrash, thrash/speed pure thrash old school or new shit.

this whole thread is for anyone who is like me and absolutely love the greatest sub-genre of metal, THRASH, so post your hauls which can include any band currently making you smash your head into a wall or hang from a ceiling fan, or thrash stories you may have encountered and waking up the next morning not quite sure what the fuck just happened, any thrash bands that you want to talk about at the moment any Q&A about thrash FUCK anything at all related to thrash thats in your head then express it all here!! \m/

:kickass: :Smokin: :headbang: