Madison Divinity amplifier

Dec 29, 2008
Does anyone out there have a Madison Divinity? Anyone who's tried one, heard one in concert, etc. would be welcome either. I tend to prefer EL34-style amps and was wondering what impressions others had. The website samples (http://www.madisonamps.com/indexmainNEW.htm) have me stoked on some new blending possibilities (e.g. Before: Marshall & Mesa - after: Madison & Peavey/Engl).

There's a handful of clips floating around, but personally, I would like to hear more.

I know I posted a collection of clips I had found around the internets on the Harmony Central Amp Forum. I'm banned from there right now, but if you search for madison and then with the user name "SloanStewart", you may find my post?

It seems opinions are heavily divided on these amps, but mostly it seems not enough people have tried them to really tell.

i re-amped all the solos on the Abigail Williams album with my Divinity.. it's out now on Candlelight so you can hear it on there... also re-amped the solos on the Burning Human album with it, it's coming soon on Koch.

Got a client band with a Madison deal... they sound great live & pretty happy with them in the studio.... The band got a Divinity 2 and 3, and we'll be tracking a full-length with them in April. Pretty versatile, IMO.

BTW, post this sort of question in the "Equipment" subforum.

I own a divinity. I way prefer the 5150.

They are totally different IMO but the Madison sounds to marshally to me.

Actually I just sold it tonight, I just told him he had to wait till I was done recording it. I want an AC30cch or mesa boogie and that is the amp that has to go in order to make that happen.

Madison Divinity 2 AMP HEAD FOR SALE!!! if your interested message me, really trying to get rid of this thing!!!