Maiden's Australian tour set to be announced

From Blabbermouth:

IRON MAIDEN and HELLYEAH are rumored to be taking part in the 2011 edition of Australia's Soundwave festival, which will kick off on February 26 in Brisbane.

MAIDEN's latest official newsletter included a note that stated, "If you're of an Australian persuasion, you might want to keep an eye on the [band's official] website next week."

Meanwhile, HELLYEAH drummer Vinnie Paul Abbott reportedly confirmed during a recent meet-and-greet session with fans on the band's just-completed Australian headlining tour that the group will be part of next year's Soundwave festival.

The official Soundwave lineup will be announced on August 5.

So far the following acts have been confirmed for the event:

30 SECONDS TO MARS
36 CRAZYFISTS
A SKYLIT DRIVE
ALESANA
ALL THAT REMAINS
ASKING ALEXANDRIA
BAYSIDE
KYLESA
LESS THAN JAKE
MAD CADDIES
PROTEST THE HERO
THE ATARIS
THE BLACKOUT
THE BRONX
THE SWORD
THERE FOR TOMORROW
TRASH TALK
VEARA

Soundwave 2011 dates:

February 26 - Brisbane
February 27 - Sydney
March 04 - Melbourne
March 05 - Adelaide
March 07 - Perth

I... I don't know most of those bands.

Can't say I know many of those bands, but if next year's lineup is anything like this year's one I'll be there. Maiden would be a massive bonus, obviously as long as they play side shows too.

Obivously we all agree that a side show would be better, but honestly I imagine they would play the exact same sets on every gig anyway, so a festival appearance wouldn't be bad, just putting up with the day might be a shit if there isn't enough other great bands.