Maiden's Australian tour set to be announced

If they only play the festival there is a fair chance I won't go, I hate the wankers that seem to flood festivals, I seem to get in fights.....

same here. I mean i've only ever been to one festival (soundwave this year) and almost got in 3 fights that day which is pretty unusual for me.

still it's maiden, if they come to melbourne i'll go see them no matter the circumstances are.

I think along the same line, but am constantly turned off because of the festival environment, I guess time will tell

Yeah there were some real jerkoffs at the one i went to. I really only cared about seeing Paramore, so after that point there was a couple of points where I was thinking it would be worth getting kicked out for fighting if the wanker pissing me off also got kicked out and missed his fave band as a result :D:lol:

People should just be more considerate and nice. For example if you're rather a tall guy why force your way in front of a group of young girls to block their view of their favourite band while you stand there looking bored and unimpressed? Wanker. That's my main beef with festival crowds.

People should just be more considerate and nice. For example if you're rather a tall guy why force your way in front of a group of young girls to block their view of their favourite band while you stand there looking bored and unimpressed? Wanker. That's my main beef with festival crowds.

I feel the same, even with indoor crowds. Having a missus who's only 5'2-ish, we're always trying to find a way for her (that's dreamwatch, for those not keeping score!) to see the stage - even if it's through a slim gap between two people. So when I see someone blatantly stand in front of a shorty without even looking behind themselves to see if they're blocking anyone, I get right pissed off. I always look behind me and often move - even a couple inches will do sometimes.

I also dislike festivals, and missed seeing Maiden at Sonisphere because of it.

I think these problems are far more rampant in Australia. Australian gig goers and festival goers in particular are often fucked in the head, where as I have never had a problem with crowds at any of the gigs or festivals I have been to in Europe. Anyway, I don't think other peoples stupidity would allow me to miss my favourite band. I am not going to give shit people that much credit.

I feel the same, even with indoor crowds. Having a missus who's only 5'2-ish, we're always trying to find a way for her (that's dreamwatch, for those not keeping score!) to see the stage - even if it's through a slim gap between two people. So when I see someone blatantly stand in front of a shorty without even looking behind themselves to see if they're blocking anyone, I get right pissed off. I always look behind me and often move - even a couple inches will do sometimes.

I also dislike festivals, and missed seeing Maiden at Sonisphere because of it.

yeah i'm only like 5'6ish and the ONLY time i get that dreaded "small man syndrome" is when I'm at a gig and some 6foot + guy squeezes past me, then moves directly in front and STOPS. Your view is exactly the same from behind me as in front, now all I can see is your back. They're always spineless motherfuckers who die in the arse when you call them out for it though. Like it's different if i just end up behind some tall dude due to bad luck but when one pushes in front of me he can get fucked.

I'll have an altercation like that almost every General Admission gig that I go to.

Other main cause of RAGE is when it's in between bands and everyone's packed in shoulder to shoulder, most people have a clue but you always get a group of 2 or 3 or 4 bogans who can't stand still and keep knocking into you. Picked 3 guys at the Ace Frehley show for that hahahaha

I have rage issues :zipit:

soundwave2010_poster_normal.jpg

I honestly did not expect Third Eye Blind to be there.

Sweet, Maiden and Slash. Two bands out of about 50 or however many there are.

So I have never really been to a music festival before.
Don't like the idea of watching Maiden with a bunch of people who are not proper fans.
Atleast with a Maiden gig, you know the crowd is all going to all be decked out in Eddie shirts and singing along etc...
But ofcourse I will go... It's Maiden.

How do they tend to work.
Will there be a shitload of stages?
How long will the sets be?
How many people will be able to watch Maiden (I mean, what would be capacity for that stage)?

All that shit.....

I've never been to a festival either. Would I be better off just showing up shortly before Maiden so that I don't have to sit through a bunch of emo bands (and Slayer) all day, or will it be impossible to get a good spot?

Aye. I bought Avenged Sevenfold's album on iTunes last night but forgot to sync it to my iPhone. Grr.

Oooh, will Portnoy be playing with them? Is he touring with them for that long?