Males and Females

Being able to see and touch a person is not a requirement for an emotional connection. You'd be surprised how much you can be in a person's life physically and not emotionally. A connection is a mutual feeling shared between two people, whether it's through letters, fucking, the internet, or they communicate through dance like bees, the only requirement is communication.

You can also just call her a skype buddy and you won't look as stupid. Keep your emotional connection if you want to. [/problem].

Or call it whatever you want because the opinion of some dude all the way in Europe takes up half a second of your life and only means as much as you want it to.

Or call it whatever you want because the opinion of some dude all the way in Europe takes up half a second of your life and only means as much as you want it to.

I was just making a suggestion, I'm not even saying that it's not technically a relationship. I don't even have an opinion about that. :Smug:

Lately I feel like you people consider everything I say to be some sort of attack or something. Ozzman "doesn't give my posts any credence" and the rest says I'm some hick from Europe. I really don't think I'm a "hick" by definition, but whatever.

RJ, have you ever had a normal relationship? It seems your lack of having one is leading you to justify all the rather unorthodox "relationships" you've had.

I had an 'internet boyfriend' for about a year in high school, we skyped and everything. He was in the state, so when we finally met in person... Awkward as fuck.

Just saying. You don't have to touch for a connection, but someone's personality through a computer is gonna be at least a little bit of a farce, no matter your honest intentions.

There is no "normal" relationship. Fuckloads of people have existed with all types of relationships and enjoyed them, which is what really matters. He doesn't need to justify shit. It floats his boat. If he has any sense, he'll just laugh at the idea that he needs words of approval from anyone here.

What are we, relationship emperors?

I really can't imagine having a relationship without being in the same physical space regularly. I once dated this girl from school. We've been together almost every day, but still, we ended it because we were always with friends or schoolmates. We never really did anything alone, and I'm not talking just about fucking, no lunch alone, no watching movies or simply hanging out at home.

I had an 'internet boyfriend' for about a year in high school, we skyped and everything. He was in the state, so when we finally met in person... Awkward as fuck.

Just saying. You don't have to touch for a connection, but someone's personality through a computer is gonna be at least a little bit of a farce, no matter your honest intentions.

I'm on the fence about the whole "touch is needed for a emotional connection" but, especially with increased internet dating and applications like Tinder, but I have to agree with this. The screen gives someone a veil to hide behind for a while until the initial in person meeting.
But to be fair, people can still be like that in real life...

On a side note, my ex bailed on meeting up at the last minute. So that was fun. Not sure if I should reschedule that or just wait to hear back again. Or I could just burn that bridge and make life about 20 times easier.

If I were Jesus, I would take my clothes off in front of a woman and say, "the body of Christ."

Regular, often exclusive, physical contact complemented by mutual emotional support.

My current relationship fits that definition.

Regardless though, again I don't feel physical contact is even necessary for a relationship. It is preferable, yes, but not necessary.

I'm on the fence about the whole "touch is needed for a emotional connection" but, especially with increased internet dating and applications like Tinder, but I have to agree with this. The screen gives someone a veil to hide behind for a while until the initial in person meeting.
But to be fair, people can still be like that in real life...

On a side note, my ex bailed on meeting up at the last minute. So that was fun. Not sure if I should reschedule that or just wait to hear back again. Or I could just burn that bridge and make life about 20 times easier.

Some people definitely manage to express their personality effectively online, but I'd say like 7 or 8 out of 10 can't.

Burn that bridge yo. There's someone more respectful out there for you.