Males and Females

Well, at least I tried to explain to her how ridiculous that was. Failed, obviously.
But seriously, I've never met a girl who was so fixated on an ex like that and I've heard plenty of girls talk up exes. It's annoying enough as it is.

My wife talked about her ex more than I liked. Granted, she was with him three years. I think people get relationship nostalgia when things didn't end terribly. (Or even when it did)
I guess it never really mattered in the end so maybe I was being insecure.

A year ago he and his friend got drunk and took a bunch of pills and went for a drive. They got on the highway going the wrong direction and were killed instantly by a box truck. Now I poke jokes about him if we see someone talking about an ex.

Reactions: CiG
I personally think she used the idea that he's a sociopath as an excuse to keep dwelling on him, what happened, and why it happened.

Her parents were very neglectful of her from what I understand and I guess this guy came along who showered her with affection and intensity. I think she's still holding on to the belief that he's coming back. It's a little sad and I feel sorry for her but she didn't want to hear my advice that contradicted her reasons for continuing to dwell on him. What more could I do?

I mean, apparently there was all sorts of weird shit going on with this guy. Some kind of emo libertarian Christian cultist mish mash with a huge collection of guns. Even still, three months, and he left her. Wouldn't it be more mentally scarring if he had stuck around?

Her parents probably fucked her up, honestly. That guy probably didn't help but it looks to me like a totally played up romantic fling.

Yikes Manic ferocity. What a mess. 3 months she's been with him and she's acting like it was a lifetime? Fuck. I've been with my guy for 9 years today and I don't feel the need to talk about him to everyone. I honestly think relationships are kinda private and I don't think people are interested in hearing whatever shit you went through with your ex. Also, she sounds manipulative and not a nice person. She seems like she was using you as some sort of crutch for her own self esteem, which is not cool. Also, don't let someone take your keys. You are not a child.

I'm not sure if I've already mentioned this before or not but this is the first woman I've been with that has major jealousy issues. I was able to look past a lot of it at first and a lot of the realization is just now dawning on me. Maybe I was just determined to make this work since it felt so promising in the beginning.

She's a former Suicide Girl, for those curious, or some kind of an affiliate -- I'm not sure about the exact details. She has one part of her body that she's extremely insecure about. I don't personally understand the problem but I guess some modeling industry criticized it once and rejected her. I'm sure that's a huge part of where her insecurity stems from.

I'm sure she's very pretty but that really doesn't excuse that sort of behavior. I'm not sure why but when I see someone treating another person like shit (especially if the person being treated like shit is just taking it or clearly doesn't deserve it) just really enrages me to ridiculous degrees.

There's tons of models who are imperfect. But if all you have is some looks (aka not a perfect 10) and no substance/story you're quite fucked in that industry. You've dodged a bullet.

Reactions: Phylactery
haha reading this thread i'm sooo glad i don't have child support or psycho women problems and just fuck prostitutes, that's all females are good for anyway

I so don't understand putting up with a controlling relationship. Actually I straight up don't understand how that's so often a factor. People say they wanna be in love with someone who's their best friend, but the way couples treat each other is completely different from how you'd treat a friend you actually care about. Some of it is knock-you-the-fuck-out worthy.

My own androgyny has been of great assistance in my relationship. I think attempting to occasionally forget each others gender is useful for equality and respect.

Reactions: Phylactery
If someone said "you're doing something you enjoy too much and I want you to do it less and pay attention to me" I'd laugh in their face and bail or show them the door if we were in my house.

Fuck that shit.

Seriously. If a significant other said 'You do stuff with the drums' too much I would give her some table time and then throw her out a second story window.

Reactions: CiG
Haven't any of you at least TRIED to make things work and test things out in a relationship, even if you subconsciously know that it might backfire? Kinda what happened here to me with my enabling. It's not like she took my keys at gun point. She made most of this look like she was only trying to help at first and the hostility towards me just became worse with time. She became significantly more angry when she began realizing that I seriously didn't want to be around her anymore. I might've been too dumb to see through the other distractions but being diagnosed by my degree-less girlfriend with Alzberger's as a way to explain why I didn't fucking feel like coming over to cradle her whiny ass pretty much says it all to me.

Fistful of vomits always triumph in the end anyway. She should've known better.

Last edited: