Males and Females

fav kind of butt. just a pawgtastic sandwich

j6A9zeF.jpg

Reactions: CiG
So, I made another OKC profile to take my mind off everything. Like always, I filled out my profile to the brim in exaggerated elitist Gehennah fashion (you would be surprised by how attention grabbing this is).

I ended up messaging a polyamorous girl because I felt the need to rip into her for listening to deathcore, and because she was cute of course. We're actually hitting it off surprisingly well. I know I swore off on all this poly stuff but after escaping the dungeon where I wasn't even allowed to have friends, this doesn't seem so bad. Plus this one is actually single so I wouldn't just be fucking someone else's wife like I was with the last one.

I've been thinking about remaking an OKC account as well. I had some success with that in the past but stopped because it got really sterile. I still lurk on Tinder because it's something to do while I take a shit, but that place is fucking worthless.

I've been thinking about remaking an OKC account as well. I had some success with that in the past but stopped because it got really sterile. I still lurk on Tinder because it's something to do while I take a shit, but that place is fucking worthless.

I've only met someone in person once so far on OKC and it was long distance. It's mostly a joke but tossing around the idea with other girls on there can be amusing and it definitely helps while going through a break up.

Tinder is as retarded as it gets. I don't think I've gotten any replies that weren't spam.

You dorks should add hot chicks in your friend group on facebook. Sure it's creepy, but it's the new normal, and you can get the 411 ahead of time

You dorks should add hot chicks in your friend group on facebook. Sure it's creepy, but it's the new normal, and you can get the 411 ahead of time
Can attest to this. I actually got with a few girls this way.

I never had any luck with OKC. Was gonna meet up with one girl once, years ago, but then she pretty much dropped off the face of the internet.

Havent understood those sites. I'd think that the majority of the userbase is similar to that of tinder (just an egofeed) without people taking it seriously. What happened to letting shit happen organically?

What happened to letting shit happen organically?

How can you 'let shit happen organically' if you're not meeting people? I don't actively try to look for women at bookstores, bars, whatever. Online dating has helped me meet people if anything. I never believe on hitting on women when I'm at the grocery store or whatever. I think it's stupid.

How can you 'let shit happen organically' if you're not meeting people? I don't actively try to look for women at bookstores, bars, whatever. Online dating has helped me meet people if anything. I never believe on hitting on women when I'm at the grocery store or whatever. I think it's stupid.

Well, I guess the short answer is you don't let it happen organically if you're not meeting people. One reason to get out there and engage with people in settings that cater to interests and or hobbies, excluding ones required trips out. Hell, even engaging in online forums can sometimes spring something organically.

That said, I understand that depending on location, occupation and lifestyle choices those things can be limited.

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
Being on "the open market" so to speak, is just annoying. Definitely understand.

I'm not even sure if organically meeting someone is a thing nowadays but it's better. To me sending someone a message based off of superficial shit on a website is the same as just walking up to someone at a social event to talk to them without like any prior knowledge of who they are. It's awkward as fuck. If you can visit a place and get to know them like that then ask them out after having legitimate conversations I think dating would be more successful.

I'm with Ozz on the no hitting on women at the grocery store and shit. I generally don't hit on women in general, but there is a different atmosphere when at a bar that makes it far more socially acceptable to talk to random strangers. I tend to chat with people sitting next to me at bars all the time. In fact, I've made several good friends doing this these days. I do see how it comes naturally at a bar though. It's like, it's almost more awkward not to talk to someone who is sitting right next to you at an empty bar.

For the record, im not looking down on dating sites, I just really don't get it personally is all. Mostly for reasons stated above, the environment feels forced and unnatural. Every relationship I've been in has just kind of fell into place(be it serious or casual) from meeting up with people. Not from turning the grocery store into a pick up zone, either :p (not sure where that implication came from).

That said a good friend of mine ended up marrying a girl he met off of okcupid, and they have a great relationship.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for. IE if you want someone who wants to be antisocial together you probably would prefer online to a bar.