Males and Females

You guys are underestimating the grocery store. I worked at one and fucked around with quite a few customers and ended up meeting my wife there.

Reactions: CiG
You guys are underestimating the grocery store. I worked at one and fucked around with quite a few customers and ended up meeting my wife there.

Think it would be different working at one, as that would lead to repeat encounters / interaction with people.

comment_x4TOPDRUI5ZTtkGPUtmb8lsAXVye2ntc.jpg

Which is why unless you're actually acting a creep don't sweat it if you get called one. Women (especially back in HS) default to the term meaning 'guy who shows interest in me who isn't a complete hottie'

I've always thought high levels of interest over looks or surface aspects was hella creepy. Like I have a friend who's always falling in love with people's girlfriends because they're good looking and play mtg or whatever. Fucking retard, falling in love with an idealized dream. Also, fucking retard, that's your boy's girl.

haha fuck it, let them hit on his gf just to see if she'd take it. Better yet, let them in on it, find out if she's a slut. If she's not it's all good, if she is your friend gets laid.

I've always thought high levels of interest over looks or surface aspects was hella creepy. Like I have a friend who's always falling in love with people's girlfriends because they're good looking and play mtg or whatever. Fucking retard, falling in love with an idealized dream. Also, fucking retard, that's your boy's girl.
Falling in love with people because they play mtg is standard for me.

Reactions: The Ozzman
Well is that really so 'idealized' though? Someone attractive who has a thing or two in common with you? And I don't mean a supermodel who plays D&D and is some fantasy woman. I'm not gonna hook up with some generic dumb bitch just to get some. Stay idealized I guess :p

Well is that really so 'idealized' though? Someone attractive who has a thing or two in common with you? And I don't mean a supermodel who plays D&D and is some fantasy woman. I'm not gonna hook up with some generic dumb bitch just to get some. Stay idealized I guess :p

It seems to be idealized in this area of the country..

Falling in love with people because they play mtg is standard for me.

&@ you other Fools I can't add more quotes

Going from 'like' to 'love' over something that superficial is no different than really digging their tits. That's what I mean by idealized. Sure it's good to have a hobby or two in common, but being into a particular subject doesn't equal compatability.

I learned that best with my bf. I dug him because he liked metal and d&d, then a year after being together, he said fuck it to gaming and got super into listening to blues. Wouldn't even go to shows with me, just revived the interest recently. Good fucking thing we're both so independent.

Hobbies change. They're irrelevant decorations of the soul in context of a lifemate. Focus on morals and attitude.

Reactions: Funerary_Doom
Yeah I agree, falling in love for real because of shared hobbies is superficial even though it definitely helps sparking the initial interest. It is very easy ro get a crush on a girl who acknowledge you for all the weird eccentric things you like but nobody else does though. Especially if it is something you are proud of but are generally looked down on.

Carpe makes a good point, not only does a shared hobby =/= compatibility but hobbies can also be a phase and suddenly the reason you pursued the person in the first place doesn't even exist anymore.

I believe it should have much more to do with personality, less about "do they tabletop" and more about "could or would they tabletop" if that makes sense. It doesn't matter as much if they read comic books but rather are they cool and down enough that you reading comic books wouldn't be a problem for them going forward.

I do like it when I'm with someone I can do things I'm interested in with, but in the end it matters more that they're cool with letting me do what I enjoy. I've been with women that actively tried to ruin my hobbies for me. Fuck that shit.

I won't disagree that attitude/goals/morals don't mean a lot, but hell I've been a gamer since 4 years old and a metalhead since 13. I highly doubt either will change. That said, it's definitely more to avoid conflict than to necessarily do it together. The number of times I've had a woman call metal 'noise' or gaming 'childish'... You don't want to be with someone who looks down so heavily on things that mean a lot to you.

That said: a lot of that I think may just be code for wanting a guy 100% career/goal focused more for selfish reasons than actually interest in their personality. The other side of the road of loving a girl for their tits ;)

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
Common interests with someone who takes metal as a serious interest, and is into escapist genre fiction whether it's sci-fi or fantasy, obscure b-rated horror films, video games, and is opinionated on politics and philosophy (but, like me, is also in a constant dilemma as to whether or not they really give a shit about those things) have always been hard for me to come by and it's just as hard to explain to someone who doesn't understand how antisocial I had to have been at one point to develop those interests.

...and they always try. If they don't directly lie about being into metal or having an interest in metal by naming a few bands we both like, they pretend to take an interest in the fact that metal is something that makes me interesting as an individual. It never lasts and part of it is probably me needing to spend more time taking interest in them, but it's hard when I don't feel like I have much to go by. Most women I've met don't seem to see (antisocial) interests and hobbies as being as important as I do which is fine, but compatible for anything long term? It'll probably always be a trial.

Anyways, tried to text my ex to get my things back, blocked. Tried coming at her so that we can talk things and just be friends instead of hating each other, blocked. Fine. I guess that's my ok to go rebound.

I'm about to go out. Going to rock some try-hard patch vest and try and pick up some barflies. Although, I do work in the morning and I do kinda just want to play WoW these days. Regardless:

I'm about to go out. Going to rock some try-hard patch vest and try and pick up some barflies. Although, I do work in the morning and I do kinda just want to play WoW these days. Regardless:

I haven't played WoW since the start of Warlords of Draenor. What's it like these days? I used to be majorly addicted to that game from mid Burning Crusade through Mists of Pandaria. So many wasted hours.