Males and Females

I tried going back about a year or so ago. (I played from Vanilla - early Cataclysm) Just couldn't get into it. Though I'll admit there was a certain nostalgia to visiting Dun Morogh & Tirisfal Glades. Always my 2 favorites races/areas.

Reactions: Phylactery
Oh look, a filthy Alliance player! Female trolls are the master race.

Cataclysm was pretty bad on the whole but I was addicted enough to stick with it. MoP was actually pretty good as far as raiding and when I started playing again at the start of Warlords of Draenor I really enjoyed the questing and the raids but I just couldn't devote the time to it any longer.

Wrath of the Lich King will always be my favourite, though. Probably nostalgia more than anything else, but I loved Ulduar and Ice Crown Citadel.

Oh look, a filthy Alliance player! Female trolls are the master race.

Cataclysm was pretty bad on the whole but I was addicted enough to stick with it. MoP was actually pretty good as far as raiding and when I started playing again at the start of Warlords of Draenor I really enjoyed the questing and the raids but I just couldn't devote the time to it any longer.

Wrath of the Lich King will always be my favourite, though. Probably nostalgia more than anything else, but I loved Ulduar and Ice Crown Citadel.

I was alliance if only because of friends. I wanted to play undead from the beginning. I ultimately quit because they put so much emphasis on instances. Stand around a city and queue for pvp or a raid. They ignored the open world, which kinda killed the game. Tarren Mill vs Southshore, and old school Alterac Valley was where it's at. I might revisit MMOs if they drop one that has better open world mechanics.

I'm still leveling up, but I am enjoying the new expansions a lot. I stopped playing right before Cata and I enjoyed what they were trying to do with those zones. I'm in MOP right now and dig it as well. Some of those dungeons are kinda hard as well considering I don't know the fights.

Oh, and Horde exclusively. Tauren > Orc > Undead > Troll > Goblin > Blood Elf

Last edited:
Female Troll > all. I was never big on Tauren but I like all the Horde races except Blood Elves. They can be traded for Dwarves which are super cool.

What do/did you both play? I played pretty much exclusively healers. Had them all at max level except Monk in WotlK, Cata and MoP. My favourites were Disc/Holy Priest and Resto Druid/Shaman.

This should probably be in the Gamers thread. We've derailed it.

Diablo II is probably the only MMO I was ever able to stomach. Been debating checking out the third one but I have a feeling I'd be disappointed.

I shall restore balance

4eJgQeo.jpg

2 had better mood- the ui, the darker color palette, creepier music, etc, and relative to other games of it's time, was better than 3. Objectively, though I've gotta agree with Mort. 3 has more refined gameplay, better balance while also offering more legit builds too. They just went overboard aesthetically. They turned the "epic" knobs up too much, while turning down the "dark and creepy"

take off your nostalgia goggles

it was a good game for its time, still fun occasionally but did not age well at all
How so. Substantiate your claims. The only thing wrong with it was that Hammerdins were significantly more powerful than the other builds for a long time.