Males and Females

I used to confuse the two too and I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the avatars. Or that both their names begin with V.

I was talking to a few girlfriends about romance and realized I have some real girly girls as friends and luckily I don't see them too often or else I'd be annoyed. They don't fart near their partners, when they take a shit they light candles and matches... their reasoning is being human "kills the romance." Im thinking what if you had a 24/HR virus? Like are you going to light a candle after throwing up and pooping? I don't get relationships like that. They even told me they don't want their partners farting around them or pooping either lol. That's not real. Yes I get it when first meeting someone but after a few months the jig should be up.

^I think this is highly relevant to our 'dates' discussion. A good relationship should be real a.f. because even if it takes 10 years to get sick of holding your farts in, that's still 10 years wasted on a lie.

But, I do think that if you're purely looking for a very short term fuck, pretending that you're both inhuman deities without flaws can definitely enhance the sex. Because it's a fantasy.

fantasy can enhance a long term relationship too so long as it's indulged in mutually and knowingly imo. i mean thats kinda what 'romance' is, relationships which lose that completely can often struggle. holding in farts for ten years is ridiculous though obvs

so you get hugs, meanwhile she's getting blackballed by some other dude? SAD!

Reactions: CiG
So I met this aforementioned girl at a cozy tea shop in Boulder and told her how I felt. Though she didn't exactly declare her love for me then and there, her response was far more positive than I anticipated. Seems I mean far more to her than I ever dared hope. I suspect I mean more to her than the guy she's currently seeing and I think I'd have a legitimate chance if I wasn't leaving this country so soon. We spent the entire day doing shit in Boulder and I had a generally wonderful time. Now I feel a profound happiness. Even if our relationship never turns romantic I am overjoyed to find out I mean so much to her and to know for certain that we have a bond that will endure the distance between continents. I'm such a hopeless romantic. You guys are all bragging about the STDs you're accumulating and here I am getting excited about a platonic friendship.

you should never enter that pile of shit city ever again

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
as someone who met an american girl on the internet, spent my savings flying out to see her on a ludicrous whim, had the best week of my life, flew out again as soon as i could and had the worst week of my life and my heart inexplicably broken, all in the space of a couple months, then got engaged to another american girl the following year despite the situation being completely impractical and impossible in every way, i am in no position to lecture anyone about being a hopeless romantic, particularly where yanks are concerned.
sounds like something out of "love actually" or other gay romcom

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
@rms @Vilden What's so bad about Boulder, CO?

boulder, aesthetically, is a fantastic spot to live in if you also remove cost of living. tiny town, bus services all over and has a little spot for hikes in it as well. and most civilized spot before heading west into the Rockies if you want to use that as a home base to do all your hiking

but the people are the fucking worst and I hate everything about human society that is emulated in Boulder. I lived there for 3 years

it's notorious for not being able to walk anywhere without truckers yelling at you
Um... I've been there and never had this happen, lol

but the people are the fucking worst and I hate everything about human society that is emulated in Boulder. I lived there for 3 years
Why? I mostly remember friendly hippies and college students. Hardly "the worst of human society" unless you're a grumpy conservative.

the collegiate body at boulder is trust fund kids ranging from Bernie Bros to Ben Shapiro's. No middle ground. If that's a place that interests you, fine, but there's a reason Boulder is like 98% white and 1.9% hispanic, someone has to do landscaping there. I have never seen such wealth in my life and it aggravated me daily

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
Yeah I know a few people who moved to Colorado, they were all chronic underachievers with rich parents, not even chronic underachievers that took a chance moving somewhere new. Sickens me I used to associate with people like that.

Reactions: Dak