Males and Females

Saying music similarities doesn't matter in a s/o seems strange to people who, for them, music is of core importance. Luckily for me I'd be just as happy with a disco diva as I would a metal wench.
Music taste doesn't matter to me, I've only ever dated girls that liked pop, modern country(pop), or pop-punk. I like pop-punk, and even a few pop singers, but the sentiment is there.

The girl I'm seeing now is an ex-goth who likes a lot of the goth rock I like, and tolerates much of my electronic music. I guess it helps give chilling at my apartment a good vibe, but we're still pretty different in other ways, so idk if the shared music tastes really make up for that.

I never said I wanted identical interests, but some fucking overlap would be nice. My music taste is varied enough that it's never been a problem for me though, but I'm not going to pretend like I'd be happy with someone that I don't share interests with, that's just asinine.

I refuse to ever be one of those men that have a room "for my stuff" as if my own house isn't my room for my stuff.

Goth chicks are usually pretty awesome TBH.

I'd have plenty of common ground with a goth chick even if I didn't like a lot of goth rock.
http://www.theonion.com/article/goth-metalhead-overcome-subcultural-differences-to-1767

I need a woman to like dark music. The details aren't important. To say that music taste doesn't matter is to pretend that it in no way reflects on your personality beyond what type of noise you like to hear coming out of your speakers. For example, I doubt Carpe Mortem would have the same taste in interior decorating if she were more of a Taylor Swift type of girl. When you move in together, that's something that matters. Also, a lot of people here are into the fantasy and horror genres, as there's a significant overlap of those fandoms with metal fandom.

Not that I disagree with you or anything, but the reason why I have a hard time pursuing a romantic relationship with someone who isn't a Rocka Rolla Woman is because it's just my preferred type of bitch. Sexy, leather and spandex queens who sling back whiskey and rage hard to Riot are just more entertaining to be around than chicks that only drink cocktails and exclusively listen to 90s alternative, but I'd still be friends with them.

The grumbles makes a very solid point. I'm just trying to stress to you love seekers that people change though, that's all. And even if they don't, you're going to get bored of talking about the same things back and forth for decades. If you're at all interested in a long term relationship, values are key. Those rarely change.

Last edited:
Reactions: zabu of nΩd
idk about 'values' as such for me but a basic alignment in worldview helps a lot, and pretty fundamental stuff like a similar sense of humour, idea of romance etc. a big factor can also be finding someone with whom you feel comfortable being yourself and with whom honesty comes naturally, 'cause dishonesty - even just in the sense of acting like something you're not, sugarcoating your flaws or setting up false expectations etc - is probably the number one relationship killer down the road in my experience.

Reactions: CiG and Mort Divine
I always end up attracted to the bubbly religious or community service/busybody types with a constantly full calendar. Which is the exact opposite of my agnostic homebody self and frankly not compatible, nor are they interested in me anyway. Then I look to other homebody types, realizing for the 27th time that the sedentary lifestyle/hobbies is much more unkind to women than men, scoff at the fatties, throw my hands up in frustration and go back to gaming and hitting the weights...

yea i have no idea how someone can wake up next to the same person every day and not want to kill them
I blast Dolly Parton and Marshall Tucker Band at obscene levels.
The idea of being with someone for decades is terrifying and I'm too busy eyeing other whores to be that exclusive.
You just want to lick their butts.
4684302-4821297967-oh-la.jpg

Speaking as someone who a few months ago, got out of a nearly four year relationship, they blow and I'm back into hoeing it up.

I lean conservative and lost my virginity to the person I'm still with, so I guess it could be said monogamy comes naturally. The grass might be greener on the other side, but it doesn't compare to the pride of just taking care of your own fucking lawn.