Males and Females

This isn't necessarily related to my previous posts, but I'm considering a vasectomy. I'm pretty sure I don't ever want kids, condoms suck, and I don't want to have to trust a partner to properly use protection. Anyone else here considered / done this?

Reactions: CiG
I'm pretty crazy about this girl, and we seem compatible. The conversations and the sex are both great. There are goals and dreams we share.

I just hope she gets her life more together at some point. I think she wants to, and she shows signs of recovery from her last breakdown. Time will tell I guess.

Do you genuinely like her enough to rough it out through the potential (inevitable really) future breakdowns as well as the day-to-day personality issues or is this just a product of loneliness on your part, if you don't mind me prying?

I'm not lonely. I've had two short-term relationships in the past two years that were "just okay", and after both I felt relieved to be alone again. When I met this girl, I was very content with single life and not looking for a date - she's the one who asked me out.

I know a future breakdown is pretty likely. I don't know how it'll change my feelings for her. We've kinda talked about that already - I told her that I think there's extra uncertainty about things working out long-term because we both have mental illnesses, and she agreed. I can see potential day-to-day issues if we start living together, but idk if that's worth dwelling on right now.

Reactions: Dak and CiG
I have depression myself, it's very mild these days through my own tinkering of certain things in my lifestyle, but I was seeing someone who had overwhelming personality disorder and fairly regular breakdowns and that was the most exhaustive period of my entire life.

That was probably the moment I realized I cannot maintain an all encompassing relationship without deteriorating.

So from one mental health sufferer to another, be careful man. You're probably stronger than me in that area, but still.

That shit aside it seems like you've met someone you genuinely like, given she basically snagged you and reeled you in from your single and happy life lol. Good sign!

Reactions: zabu of nΩd