Males and Females

The kind that actually has a real life outside of the Internet. :D

Oh and btw I'm a handy man, I work for myself and I also hire workers to work for me. What do you do for work anyways?

Real life is for the weak.

I'm a research assistant. I study enzyme kinetics and structure.

Not very well. Need to complete my PhD before I make decent money, and even in that scenario you'll probably have made much more than me when factoring in opportunity cost. But I live in the basement rentfree and like a miser so I'll hopefully be able to by a home in cash when I move out.

Reactions: zabu of nΩd
It's funny, HamburgerBoy's life is somewhat like what I imagined mine would be at this point. I think we're about the same age.

I kind of wanted to become a lab rat or something and live alone in a basement so I could listen to death metal all night and not care about other people. It didn't go that way at all. I think I let life decide stuff for me naturally most of the time and didn't put too much weight on the decisions that would be considered important by some. I have a girlfriend and we live together but I still secretly envy people living alone in basements, having a job where they wear a labcoat and collect data.

Reactions: viewerfromnihil
Pretty much my greatest fear is finally becoming independent from my parents and the unspoken obligations of school, and then immediately getting stuck in a relationship for the rest of my life. Defeats the whole point to me.

Reactions: Onder
Nothing beats living alone. I had a roommate for about a year before I bought my house who traveled 80% of the time so it worked out but I probably wouldn't do it again unless we lived on separate floors or something.

I was forced to have roommates for the two years I didn't commute to school and it was torture. Two people crammed into a fucking closet for 9 months. Seems counterproductive to me.

Being able to do what you want when you want is nice.

Last edited:
This talk reminds me about the story of my Morbosidad poster. I couldn't hang it on my wall at my previous place because my mom didn't like it. It is a Moyen's coverart with a goat torturing Christ or something and she's not Christian, just doesn't like "evil" stuff because it makes some "evil" waves or some shit. I kept it with the vinyl always thinking how I would hang it on the wall when I move out.

Well guess what. Tried to make a deal with my girlfriend that I will be the artistic arbiter of the toilet room and leave her every other room. She agreed up until I victoriously showed her my finest piece, the black and white torturing of christ in like size A1, to be positioned against the toilet.

I will have it hanging close to my bed at a retirement home, in mint fucking condition.

:lol:
I live at home but I help to pay my momma’s bills because she’s retired and old. I’m a degenerate so I bring my boyfriend in because that’s the only way I can handle being home though my siblings and I are ridiculously close. Actually moved out at 16, and came back at 20 when my mom started getting sick. And she couldn’t manage the house (and my brother with a disability) by herself. My siblings and I are similar. We don’t care about a lot of things most people bitch over, and I can blast unholy metal at any time. We have our own space, bring whoever over, and no one cares.

I’m saving now though and would like to get a condo but you know that’s adult shit. Right now I’m an attic dweller and loving it. I barely leave my room unless my friends come over and force me.

Not very well. Need to complete my PhD before I make decent money, and even in that scenario you'll probably have made much more than me when factoring in opportunity cost. But I live in the basement rentfree and like a miser so I'll hopefully be able to by a home in cash when I move out.

I thought about getting my PhD but my current employment won't really be improved by having it because I need more experience in my profession before it will start to make me look like anything other than overqualified for the job. I'll probably do it when I'm ready to seek another promotion in a couple of years.

Reactions: Funerary_Doom
I'm only three months into my relationship, but so far I'm not missing single life. I always had a nagging feeling of emptiness before, and I'm glad that's gone now (along with the associated desire to just quit my job and give up on a life of responsibilities).

For a while I was worried about "what if I really only care about sex, and should stick to short-term relationships", but for the first time in my adult life it feels like sex isn't one of my highest priorities. It's available, it's enough, and right now I find the intellectual aspect of the relationship more worthy of occupying my mind.

Last edited:
You see, maybe he doesn't like movement in general. One has to usually move his body in order to have coitus. I had one friend though, who didn't mind sex if some girl went fresh on him, but he made a deal he would just lay down on his back and that's all he would do.

I like that lazy bastard though, he can smoke weed and drink beers all day.

Reactions: viewerfromnihil