Males and Females

The Wall/biological clock is probably becoming an issue for the girls you are meeting. Or, only personality disorders are all that's left on dating sites.

Both are probably true. But even with that why would you become so emotionally attached so soon? Makes no sense.

You just need to come out of the closet already bro. Embrace your inner submissive bitch that's begging to show its face to the world.

Both are probably true. But even with that why would you become so emotionally attached so soon? Makes no sense.

Desperation due to age or maybe:
https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/borderline-personality-disorder/index.shtml

Other signs or symptoms may include:

• Efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment, such as rapidly initiating intimate (physical or emotional) relationships or cutting off communication with someone in anticipation of being abandoned
  • A pattern of intense and unstable relationships with family, friends, and loved ones, often swinging from extreme closeness and love (idealization) to extreme dislike or anger (devaluation)

I sometimes wonder how some folks even manage to find/trick someone for a relationship.

You ever meet folks that seem like they've no real redeeming qualities? Nothing you could even imagine personality wise or sexually that you could get why the opposite (or same) sex would even see as appealing?

It kinda makes me wonder what the flying fuck is wrong with me that I'm still perpetually single. :yuk:

I sometimes wonder how some folks even manage to find/trick someone for a relationship.

You ever meet folks that seem like they've no real redeeming qualities? Nothing you could even imagine personality wise or sexually that you could get why the opposite (or same) sex would even see as appealing?

It kinda makes me wonder what the flying fuck is wrong with me that I'm still perpetually single. :yuk:

Lol yes - regularly. Seems like lots of people do not have any interests or hobbies at all, and just somehow exist. It's mind-boggling.

Lol yes - regularly. Seems like lots of people do not have any interests or hobbies at all, and just somehow exist. It's mind-boggling.

I have noticed this and I also don't understand it. I have more hobbies than I could ever manage working satisfactorily.

Reactions: CiG
I have noticed this and I also don't understand it. I have more hobbies than I could ever manage working satisfactorily.

I just don't get how life is enjoyable enough for them to live that way. Plus, if I'm dating someone that has their own hobbies it means that they'll leave me the fuck alone sometimes.

Reactions: The Ozzman and CiG
I think a lot of these "hobbyless" people actually just do typical things we wouldn't consider a hobby, and that takes up enough of their time to sufficiently get away from each other in relationships. I.e. television, cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping etc.

And they're probably better looking than us, that's why they never developed anything more interesting at a younger age. Socializing with other good looking people was a hobby in itself.

I likewise have a theory that as single lifelong good looking people navigate the dating pool in their 30s and 40s, they realize the lessening value of their looks. And in turn, they make an effort to engage in new hobbies and be more interesting. Since they already have the advantage of (generally) fine tuned social skills, they flourish in these hobbies by networking and joining clubs and finding others to learn from, etc.

Reactions: Matt
I think a lot of these "hobbyless" people actually just do typical things we wouldn't consider a hobby, and that takes up enough of their time to sufficiently get away from each other in relationships. I.e. television, cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping etc.

And they're probably better looking than us, that's why they never developed anything more interesting at a younger age. Socializing with other good looking people was a hobby in itself.

I likewise have a theory that as single lifelong good looking people navigate the dating pool in their 30s and 40s, they realize the lessening value of their looks. And in turn, they make an effort to engage in new hobbies and be more interesting. Since they already have the advantage of (generally) fine tuned social skills, they flourish in these hobbies by networking and joining clubs and finding others to learn from, etc.

The three people I had in mind when I brought this up fall into that category. They watch neflix and stare at their IG during their free time. I didn't think about attractiveness being part of this but I can definitely see it now.

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
I think @Carpe Mortem is being too generous. Most people are not good looking by definition, and with the rising rates of obesity it's even less likely. Netflix/video games and kids sports and mindless socializing/"events" seem to suffice for large swaths of the population. It is true that extraverts have an advantage in picking up new hobbies and networking. No necessary overlap between looks and extraversion, although looking good helps with confidence.

That could definitely be the true correlation. But to point back at the issue at hand - those suffice as hobbies regardless. Just shitty ones lol.

That could definitely be the true correlation. But to point back at the issue at hand - those suffice as hobbies regardless. Just shitty ones lol.

I would clarify that shitty = passive engagement. "My pasttimes include vegging out and watching the Office and Adult Swim reruns". Amazing personal development going on here! Enriching the world one subscription fee at a time!