Males and Females

So, a few pages back I talked about how I told this girl that I like her and we'd see where it went and all that. Right now, all it consists of is me going over to her place to watch movies. I haven't made a move yet because I get to this step and over think every possible scenario that could happen and, as a result, inaction occurs. I talked to someone I work with and she told me that this girl likes me and I should just go for it since she keeps inviting me over to her place and such.

I should probably make a move soon, eh?

Well, I thought I was in the friend zone for a few years and then I flat out told her that I've liked her for a while and her tune changed. I made it clear that I'm pretty shy in general, so maybe she's being patient with me...?

Hrmm tried to edit my post and it disappeared, sweet.

Sounds like a weird situation actually, for stuff to change like that after that long is pretty unusual. It's easy for us armchair Casanovas to say 'just go for it' but I'm sure you're a better judge of the situation.

Always a chance that she's just shyer and doesn't want to make a move in case she feels like a slut or whatever other stereotype women get forced into by the "men make the move" thing.

She's definitely not shy. What went down was basically I was talking to her over facebook messaging about something and then it turned into my admitting that I liked her for a while and then she said that when we initially met she found me attractive and thought about how we'd be in a relationship and whatnot (she went on to date some douchebag drunk for three years a few months after meeting me). After that conversation, she asked me why I hadn't said anything previously and I made it clear that I'm just naturally shy around people I 1) don't know or 2) women I find attractive or 3) a combination of 1 and 2. I remember a few years ago I drove over to her place once to watch TV with her (and to give her some company) and she asked me why I was so quiet and I didn't have an answer. It didn't really dawn on me about what was going on then, either.

I consider myself to be fairly intelligent, but I'm a complete dumbass when it comes to shit like this.

She sounds pretty darn insistent that you make the first move. Better hurry up and make it. I wouldn't ask her for a goodnight kiss, that comes off as beta-y. "Can I see you again?" puts a lot of power in her hands and it charms some chicks but others (Krampuses included) think that's lame.

Basically, ASAP go to her place to watch movies, pretend you have the ego of Tucker Max, and touch her. Shit gets real between a male and a female when there is physical contact of some kind.

Honestly Strauss and "The Game" and all that, as corny as it sounds, is a fairly good guidebook. I don't recommend using the "neg" technique of taking nibbles out of a girl's self-esteem (a lot of us will pick up on it and go "lol you negging me? someone's been reading pickup artist manuals") but there are a lot of decent little tidbits that are quite useful.

My cripplingly-shy approach would be something like saying "what, no kiss goodnight?" when you leave. If she's interested, she'll kiss you. If not, it's easy to play off as a joke.

Stop being a pussy and make the move already because that's exactly what she's thinking ffs. Otherwise, someone else is going to be laying some pipe very soon.

Or if you prefer the more PC version, refer to what krampus said.

Don't even HINT that you might have thought at one point that the whole situation is a matter of "Am I worthy of her Highness?"

Females are dogs, we can smell hesitation and desperation from millions of miles away

So, a few pages back I talked about how I told this girl that I like her and we'd see where it went and all that. Right now, all it consists of is me going over to her place to watch movies. I haven't made a move yet because I get to this step and over think every possible scenario that could happen and, as a result, inaction occurs. I talked to someone I work with and she told me that this girl likes me and I should just go for it since she keeps inviting me over to her place and such.

I should probably make a move soon, eh?

Yeah. Don't think about it too much and just act. If you're into her it's a natural thing to do. By the sounds of it, she'll likely reciprocate.