Males and Females

Obviously people in their twenties have sex; so we can assume they know how. What you seem to be arguing is that older people have an emotional or ethical maturity that inhibits promiscuity (or something like that; more specifically, it would inhibit two people who care about each other from ruining a casual relationship with sex). I'm arguing that there is no reason to assume: a) that older people are more ethically mature than people in their twenties, and b) that this "maturity" has anything to do with two people continually falling back into a sexual relationship.

Intelligent, successful, polite people rationalize how they can get sex all the time; sex is a huge motivational factor. This has nothing to do with immaturity; it's just biology. "Maturity" takes on an ideological significance in this situation because it attributes an illusory qualification to refraining from said behavior. In truth, what we perceive as "immaturity" tells us nothing about the true nature of why two people engage in said behavior; you can't just boil it down to "well, they're immature."

Immaturity is a completely relative and unreliable gauge of any behavior because there is no objective standard against which it can be measured. Qualifications of age are ideologically instituted (why can someone go fight in a war at age 18 but can't legally drink until 21; where's the "maturity cut-off"?).

All I'm saying is personal maturity is the first prerequisite for a mature intimate relationship.

Of course biology has something to do with it, the body’s internal structures, sexual desires, has the greatest influence on intimate behavior. Typically, each person’s private, often secret or suppressed, sexual desires surface. Each seeks to please and gratify the others wishes. Negative feelings will tend to be withheld in order to avoid disapproval or rejection. Eventually other personality factors will surface. Levels of maturity with respect to intimacy, however, inevitably will begin to affect the harmony and quality of the relationship.

Ones level of maturity with respect to intimacy has a powerful influence over the success of interdependency. If both persons in the couple had a high level of maturity when considering and choosing a mate, then concern with maturity with respect to many aspects of the way the relationship is conducted becomes increasingly important to each person the longer they live together. The greater the degree of maturity of both parties, the greater is the possibility that the quality of the relationship will improve over time.

All I'm saying is personal maturity is the first prerequisite for a mature intimate relationship.

Of course biology has something to do with it, the body’s internal structures, sexual desires, has the greatest influence on intimate behavior. Typically, each person’s private, often secret or suppressed, sexual desires surface. Each seeks to please and gratify the others wishes. Negative feelings will tend to be withheld in order to avoid disapproval or rejection. Eventually other personality factors will surface. Levels of maturity with respect to intimacy, however, inevitably will begin to affect the harmony and quality of the relationship.

Ones level of maturity with respect to intimacy has a powerful influence over the success of interdependency. If both persons in the couple had a high level of maturity when considering and choosing a mate, then concern with maturity with respect to many aspects of the way the relationship is conducted becomes increasingly important to each person the longer they live together. The greater the degree of maturity of both parties, the greater is the possibility that the quality of the relationship will improve over time.

Whatever dude. :cool: At least don't generalize about the level of maturity; people develop at different paces. Writing off relationship problems as "immaturity" risks obscuring the true root of the issue, and it's completely arbitrary.

Maturity is just a relative term. What is mature? Am I immature because I like metal and cartoons even though I'm in my 30's? Or is my friend immature because he refuses to work and prefers to drink his life away? BTW, promiscuity does not decrease with age, especially among single people.

Fuck maturity. My parents are mature as shit and they never have any fucking fun. I don't want to be Peter Pan, but I don't think people should be in a rush to turn into some crusty old fuck just because that's what we're supposed to do once we're out of our 20s.

Also, not to rain on anyone's parade, but tbh the metal girlfriend isn't as awesome as you'd think it would be. I mean, you can just chill and listen to metal, but you'll never really both have time for that. You can bang to metal, but as it turns out metal's really not very good for that. You can't really talk to her about metal because odds are almost 100% she doesn't know half as much about it as you do, because women are ignorant and weak and we of the Ultimate Metal Forum are the elite warriors of true metal. Well, that's my experience with a metal girlfriend. It's a plus, but not a huge one and definitely not a requirement.

But congrats, Zeph. She sounds cool. Etc. Bang in your ex's bed. Or not, if you're not an asshole.

I just thought it was a bit better when my ex put on metal when were in her room. As opposed to justin beiber or coldgay or whatever some other woman might have put on.

That's retarded, have sex to metal is fun as hell. I'm sorry you're doing it wrong.

What albums are you using? The closest I've come to something actually beneficial to the experience was this sludgy industrial metal album I have titled "Steel Mill: The Sound Of Fuck."

I just thought it was a bit better when my ex put on metal when were in her room. As opposed to justin beiber or coldgay or whatever some other woman might have put on.

I have no sexual experience of any kind but having sex to Justin Bieber seems like the gayest way possible to have sex with a woman.

No longer pessimistic. She invited me over on Sunday to hang out and do whatever, and told me she likes me and cleared the air so now I can safely say fuck yea

HIGH FIVE

Veranice

borat-high-five.jpg

The last few posts in this thread are pretty hilarious.

I could never date someone who liked all or most of the same music I do because it would feel competitive. I also don't know if I could date a violinist for the same reason. I think MP and I are just right. We like different bands and subgenres but we're open to/turned on by the fact that the other likes metal at all. Amorphis is our crossroads.

Lol.

If I knew a hot girl who was mad about traditional metal and ballsy power metal then I'd be happy I'd have something other than gay murmuring noises and bad compliments to say to her.