Males and Females

Mathiäs;9750508 said:
Question:

Would guys date, or even try to get to know, a former drug addict and overall bad person who allegedly has 'changed'?

I dated a girl that sold X for a while. I didn't know this until after I met her. Didn't really change my opinion of her. I appreciated her honesty.

I'd date a former addict. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, and I don't let anyone get close to me anyway.

If anyone wants a big giggle, check out my Facebook wall. Derek clearly doesn't understand how FB works.

V5, distrust Anglophiles.

Zeph, all I see in any of your posts is "my ex belongs in a straitjacket." I hope she doesn't meddle too much. :/

celestial, sometimes people get really, really hurt by those things and need time. all you can do is reassure them.

I got into my current relationship fairly soon after my last breakup and my girlfriend was kind of uncertain about how I felt towards my ex and towards her. Just sit down and address the issue directly; tell her you know she's worried about that, but that you only have feelings for her and blah blah blah gay mushy crap. Look her deeply in the eyes and do the puppy-dog thing. If that doesn't work, you probably ought to reconsider the relationship.

We have, several times (It's been over a year since the incident happened. And she doesn't ever address these problems to me in person; only over the phone, so I don't really get to look her in the eye. :/

celestial, sometimes people get really, really hurt by those things and need time. all you can do is reassure them.

Yeah, and I realize that. I'm not going to break up with her or anything. I just don't know what I can do to reassure her. She knows I love her.

zabu of nΩd;9751063 said:
Hey speaking of that, where are we going to sleep while we're there?

We have a futon here and guest rooms in the other two places you'll stay. When mL comes down to Boston he'll take a couch.

I am too poor to make it to MDF but I want in on UM meet-ups.

If you're in Beantown during MDF week, then of course you're in.

Derek deleted his post but it was basically a "I talked to this Chinese girl and she rejected me so I hit on 30 of her friends, not sure what approach I need to get laid" PM posted on my wall. Good times.

challenge_ what do you mean by "genetically modified" exactly?

She asked why I wasn't drinking. I made up some bullshit story about my liver not processing alcohol because I had been genetically modified as part of some medical treatment. When I'm bored talking to dumb people I tend to amuse myself by subtly making fun of them.