Males and Females

In my rather limited experience, a one night stand is fun but afterward will leave you feeling empty and unfulfilled, whereas a relationship without sex can work for a little while. But any real relationship absolutely has to involve both sex and companionship, imo. Just doesn't work, otherwise.

Agreed with the first thing. On the second - I don't think that's necessarily true. If I found someone that is perfect for me but wanted to wait a while for sex I'd be ok with it.

Probably not, since she went to Salem for the weekend.

It probably won't matter to her when she finds out. The fact that I got into a relationship is what she went apeshit at and I doubt it will alter her opinion of me any better. I'm becoming more convinced my ex was still in love with me when I found this new girl. It might explain the psychosis.
Quite possibly. She's also probably upset that you took it so well when she broke up with you.

Mathiäs;9768709 said:
Agreed with the first thing. On the second - I don't think that's necessarily true. If I found someone that is perfect for me but wanted to wait a while for sex I'd be ok with it.
Fair enough. But sex has to be on the table at some point. And not something crazy like save-it-till-marriage. I think even not-until-we're-in-love is really pushing it - I certainly wouldn't be willing to put up with that.

Fuck I'm be scared shitless if a girl mentioned babies. Keep that shit away for ten years or so please.

Settling down and taking on unnecessary commitments are two completely different things. I'm with Sentinel. I'd have no problem with marriage, but offspring best be something for far far in the future.

So I picked up a girl last night and went back to her place and while I was undressing she pulled a crate out of her cupboard, upended it on the floor and it was full of sex toys. I was relieved that there was no strap-on. She also owns a python (literally) and I got to hold it. Good times.

So there are only three weeks left in the semester, and I'm settling into the acceptance that it's not worth pursuing any more girls for a while, not until I know who is around this summer. And even then, I'm not going to let that confine me up here in Bangor. I could spend a lot of time in other places this summer. Down on the Maine coast, Boston, etc.

Time I now focus on some Classics projects. I have a lot of free time and it's an opportunity to really advance myself. I may start practicing my bass again too.

I really need to hammer that mindset into my head, because after over two years I need to rediscover how to not be in a relationship and be happy.

Fair enough. But sex has to be on the table at some point. And not something crazy like save-it-till-marriage. I think even not-until-we're-in-love is really pushing it - I certainly wouldn't be willing to put up with that.

I can see "not until we're in love", actually. I mean, yeah, since getting laid often in my last relationship I have also turned into a sex-hungry animal, but if I was pursuing a relationship and not some meaningless one-night-stand, I'd want to be in love with the chick I was gonna be putting the rocks to.

I was surprised when Jeremy said that he broke up with the new chick without even having sex w/ her in the first place. Because here we always count the length of a relationship from the point of first sex. When someone asks you whether some chick is your girl or not, it's basically the same as asking whether you two sleep together. So yeah, that seemed bizarre to me to see that you're officialy together after just kissing in an elevator.

I can see "not until we're in love", actually. I mean, yeah, since getting laid often in my last relationship I have also turned into a sex-hungry animal, but if I was pursuing a relationship and not some meaningless one-night-stand, I'd want to be in love with the chick I was gonna be putting the rocks to.

+1 to Onder's post.

Agreed. Imo there's a "dating" phase where you're seeing each other but it's not really a relationship and then at some point you start having regular sex and hanging out a lot and then you're in the "couple" phase, and imo the length of the relationship is measured from the beginning of that.

See, that's never been the case with me. It always was made official after the first kiss. That's because I never traditionally asked a girl out, rather we hung out for a while then I basically said "let's try a relationship."

I'm pretty drunk right now after going to a party.

I realized that there's this girl I've subconsciously liked for over a year, who now goes to school down in Portland, might be up here in Bangor this summer, but it would be impossible to get anywhere with because she used to date one of my housemates, with whom I have to live until the end of August. She's very pretty, likes Metal and languages and shit, and we talk online from time to time, but shit man, given the circumstances there's really nothing I can do about it. Best I can hope for is we hang out in person this summer and just maybe something sparks up.

It's like my mind immediately jumps to the next potential opportunity for having a girl. It's like I can't function mentally unless there is either some girl I'm in pursuit of or some girl I already have. Been the case for years now, and since most of that was filled up by my previous two-year relationship, the drive to pursue someone else is all the more.

Maybe it's a survival mechanism. So long as I'm 'in pursuit', even if it's just a mental pursuit, I can avoid the despair of prolonged loneliness which has always been my greatest fear in life.

It's like my mind immediately jumps to the next potential opportunity for having a girl. It's like I can't function mentally unless there is either some girl I'm in pursuit of or some girl I already have. Been the case for years now, and since most of that was filled up by my previous two-year relationship, the drive to pursue someone else is all the more.

Boys chase girls. This is news?