Males and Females

i hate "the pursuit". so much uncertainty and doubt, sifting through layers of bullshit, doing out-of-character pathetic crap, and often leads to pain and suffering.

If you're starting to compromise what you like to do and do out-of-character crap, it's probably because you just want to get laid and you're not really right for the girl. Of course there is some compromise that needs to be made if you want to get into a relationship but there is a limit.

I'd need all my senses reduced to like a half if I wanted to be usable from behind. Like, for more than half a minute.

i hate "the pursuit". so much uncertainty and doubt, sifting through layers of bullshit, doing out-of-character pathetic crap, and often leads to pain and suffering.

It's why I'm single all the time. I'm way too lazy to put effort into trying to get laid or get a girlfriend. It also doesn't help that I'm a complete dumbass when it comes to women.

Zeph, even brainiacademics like you are human. It's not weird or abnormal or weak or anything to keep thinking about bitches. Maybe a sloppy, moderately unpleasant one night stand would sort out your priorities and turn you off the idea of ladyfriends for a while? It took waking up next to some random semi-midget with tribal tattoos in an Econo Lodge for me to realize I don't need dudes to be happy...of course shortly thereafter I met Hairdresser Ex and met MP while I was with Hairdresser Ex; you can never time these things well.

MP dropped the "This is serious" bomb on me at dinner on Friday. We were talking about where we want to live when we move back to America and he said "but if you don't want to go to Austin, that's okay too. I just want to be where you are." I suddenly feel like we are Carrie and Mr. Big on "Sex and the City," only I am Mr. Big with the want-to-vomit gut reaction to commitment.

I'm pretty drunk right now after going to a party.

I realized that there's this girl I've subconsciously liked for over a year, who now goes to school down in Portland, might be up here in Bangor this summer, but it would be impossible to get anywhere with because she used to date one of my housemates, with whom I have to live until the end of August. She's very pretty, likes Metal and languages and shit, and we talk online from time to time, but shit man, given the circumstances there's really nothing I can do about it. Best I can hope for is we hang out in person this summer and just maybe something sparks up.

It's like my mind immediately jumps to the next potential opportunity for having a girl. It's like I can't function mentally unless there is either some girl I'm in pursuit of or some girl I already have. Been the case for years now, and since most of that was filled up by my previous two-year relationship, the drive to pursue someone else is all the more.

Maybe it's a survival mechanism. So long as I'm 'in pursuit', even if it's just a mental pursuit, I can avoid the despair of prolonged loneliness which has always been my greatest fear in life.

After you get broken up with a few times after really caring about them, this will probably change. Seems like you've been doing the breaking off in your recent ones, which is always a lot less painful. I used to be the same way, then got tired of getting hurt and realized it's ok to be single and not talking to anybody for a while.

MP dropped the "This is serious" bomb on me at dinner on Friday. We were talking about where we want to live when we move back to America and he said "but if you don't want to go to Austin, that's okay too. I just want to be where you are."

Isn't this a good thing based on your recent postS? It's the natural progression of a good relationship.

So I picked up a girl last night and went back to her place and while I was undressing she pulled a crate out of her cupboard, upended it on the floor and it was full of sex toys. I was relieved that there was no strap-on. She also owns a python (literally) and I got to hold it. Good times.

:lol: Score!

It's like my mind immediately jumps to the next potential opportunity for having a girl. It's like I can't function mentally unless there is either some girl I'm in pursuit of or some girl I already have. Been the case for years now, and since most of that was filled up by my previous two-year relationship, the drive to pursue someone else is all the more.

Maybe it's a survival mechanism. So long as I'm 'in pursuit', even if it's just a mental pursuit, I can avoid the despair of prolonged loneliness which has always been my greatest fear in life.

Monkey genes my friend.

MP dropped the "This is serious" bomb on me at dinner on Friday. We were talking about where we want to live when we move back to America and he said "but if you don't want to go to Austin, that's okay too. I just want to be where you are." I suddenly feel like we are Carrie and Mr. Big on "Sex and the City," only I am Mr. Big with the want-to-vomit gut reaction to commitment.

So what are you thinking?

The fruit of my pursuit:

207568_2025469000075_1344530533_2431438_1193351_n.jpg

Isn't this a good thing based on your recent posts? It's the natural progression of a good relationship.

I guess. It's a bit of a turn-off and a blow to my image of MP as "so independent he doesn't need me" but I am happy to be part of a future together.

I guess. It's a bit of a turn-off and a blow to my image of MP as "so independent he doesn't need me" but I am happy to be part of a future together.

Don't mistake needing you for wanting you, if that helps your perception. I'm independent as hell, and don't need a woman for anything (except sex and babies, derp), but I wanted my wife.

Edit: I guess there is a "need" element, but it's more of an intangible, and would disappear if it wasn't reciprocated.

Oh I know, it's just a gut "ew, commitment" reaction. I think I've mentioned a few times that I am not a monogamous person by nature and this is all a bit challenging sometimes.

We have had talks about this sort of thing, and his take has always been "I don't need anyone, but I like having you around and I'd like to keep you as long as you'd keep me." D'AWWWW GAY

Damn, you nailed it... that's exactly how I'm starting to feel.

Ooh, this is like the big plot twist in the soap opera that is Laura's Life. Will she cave in and settle down... or will there be a cliffhanger episode at the end of the season!