Males and Females

@Dakryn: WTPOUAINOECUT?

(What's The Point Of Acronyms If No One Else Can Understand Them?)

Death Metal Is Not A Party said:
Nevermind, I guess that was abolished in South America. Either way, this shit still happens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing

I also have a problem with PETA, environmentalists, etc. so you can stop with the whole "sexist!" card.

So I'm not supposed to care about anything in the US because some fringe dickheads in the desert are carrying out honor killings? That's idiotic. Why would I waste all my energy fruitlessly trying to stop them when I can holler about issues that directly affect me and people I know? I'm not just talking about modern feminism, but anything.

A lot of modern activism focuses largely on protesting wars abroad that are killing off thousands of U.S. troops and destroying shit over there. Or protesting U.S. occupation of Okinawa. Or in some cases, protesting that some tards want to axe Roe v. Wade. It's just not weird fringe vegans and hairy hippies and the Sea Shepherd like you seem to think.

I hate PETA and ALF etc too, because they extort money from gullible people and waste it on borderline-terroristic ploys for media attention. I never played a "sexist" card and I don't plan on it, but you want me to do so real badly I can tell.

Any reason other than me being blatantly hostile?

Simply thinking some issues don't deserve attention because there are worse ones is a stupid view. Think of it like a triage, just because person A is bleeding profusely out of his ass and person B only broke both of his legs or something doesn't mean that person B should be kicked out in the cold and refused treatment.

Well I was referring to a good amount of activism that occurs in this country. Obviously not all.

I think you are, in fact, selfish if you are only concerned with yours (and your friends) living state being just a little more perfect than it already is. All I'm saying is that the inequalities are not so severe in first world countries that they are in need of activist groups striving to achieve more equality when their living state is still pretty damn good.

Simply thinking some issues don't deserve attention because there are worse ones is a stupid view. Think of it like a triage, just because person A is bleeding profusely out of his ass and person B only broke both of his legs or something doesn't mean that person B should be kicked out in the cold and refused treatment.

It depends on the severity of the issue. Slavery was more severe than anything feminists in recent years have brought up.

Hmm. By your logic then (and unfortunately I have heard people say this), the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are far less severe than WWII because fewer people have died, amirite? Assigning subjective "severity" levels to issues, especially ones that have already been resolved, does nothing for your argument.

Hmm. By your logic then (and unfortunately I have heard people say this), the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are far less severe than WWII because fewer people have died, amirite? Assigning subjective "severity" levels to issues, especially ones that have already been resolved, does nothing for your argument.

Wars are more justified by their necessity than cost. Use a better analogy.

I have absolutely no idea what you just tried to prove. How was WWII not more severe than the war in Afghanistan and Iraq (doesn't the vast majority have the common sense to believe this anyway)? I'm genuinely interested in your response.

I'm not going to read the entirety of this argument because most of the parts that I read were pretty dire but I just wanted to say that anybody who is not a literal feminist is a backwards thinking retard.

WWII ended in 1945.

Slavery ended in 1865.

There are wars in Iraq and Afghanistan now.

Modern domestic activism is about present-day complaints.

...and I already addressed other complaints. I was simply using slavery as an example of a more severe issue (and there are certainly issues that are just about on that level of severity as far as I'm concerned).

Not all people are equal in this country. There's only so much you can do about it, especially in terms of language (which is a ridiculous thing to try and correct anyway). I do believe that we are at a pretty decent level of equality at this point in time, though, and certainly at a point where we could put our strengths in helping other people who are significantly less fortunate than those in first world countries regardless of race or gender. I don't believe people should be forced to do this but it's what I'd call ideal.

That's what they said when only white people were full citizens in the U.S. too.

We don't have any money to go on any more World Police missions.

Look Party Boy despite our differences of correctness of opinion about music or feminism, you can still come to me for advice on how to make girls like you.