Males and Females

Maybe irrelevant, but I remember in some history that Plato and Aristotle were somewhat gay and Socrates hated women, since it distracted him from pursuing knowledge.
Machiavelli is a good example, though :lol:

n52003027_30529418_3218.jpg

Also, I'm melodramatic and pathetic when drunk. But thanks for listening.

Zeph, I think you should continue bettering yourself. There is no reason you shouldn't find someone, especially as an intellectual. Sooner than later through similar interest and virtues you will meet a woman who will value you. I think the best way to find someone is to work on yourself first and through your own creation and self discovery find and most importantly choose someone you value.
I think this is very good advice. Just like you (probably) don't want a girl with low self-esteem who lets you walk over her, women aren't attracted to guys who don't have anything going on for them independent of the relationship. Zeph, you have intelligence, ambition, and a wide range of interests. These are things girls like, just keep pursuing them and it is likely you will meet someone along the way.

you people need real friends
:lol: But we like our e-friends

IIRC, Match.com and eHarmony are pay sites, so you're going to avoid the people who are just fucking around, and there's no shortage of that on OKC, which can be sort of frustrating when you find someone apparently cool who couldn't be less serious about it.

And eHarmony has a blatant pro-Christian agenda, but OKC is pretty useful for pairing up atheists and people with liberal agendas that eHarmony tends to shun (i.e. gays, pro-gay heteros).

The ease of entry to OKC does allow for easy hookups given an hour or two put into answering personality questions once.

Got a random text last night from Ashley askin what's going on with me and my family. We texted back and forth for a little while. That was the first time she has initiated conversation with me since we broke up, and the first time we've "talked" since, uh, well it's been a while.

I'm not putting much stock in it, but it certainly got me thinking...

I saw my ex about 6 months ago with her BF. Her BF was about 6 feet tall 120 pounds wearing skinny jeans and a steven tyleresqe open shirt with his glasses hanging off his face. I thought to myself how the fuck did I date this girl for over 2 years!? I mean the guy was fucking ridiculous, and then I proceeded to the bar where I sat for a bit thinking about these two fucktards and who comes walking in? yes, my nightmare, These retarded hipster babies actually tried to talk to me about how I was and the weirdest part of it all was It didn't bother me until I realized my ex was obviously on major fucking drugs! I felt so bad for her, I mean she's a pretty smart chick but just socially fucked! There was a point in the conversation when they asked me to hang out at some weirdo fag hag club and I literally threw down 40 bucks and speed walked right out the front door scared shitless. The next morning I woke up and said I'm getting the fuck out of this city!