Males and Females

I appreciate the gloomy outlooks on my moving in with my gf. Thanks guys!

It sounds to me like some of you have been burned moving in with your significant others before. Care to elaborate? (I know Zeph went through a messy break-up a couple of months ago with his gf that he was living with).

My thoughts: I don't think the amount of time together is necessarily a good measure of whether moving in is going to work out or not. It's different from relationship to relationship and a whole host of other factors.

For instance, if I were younger, say 18, 19, I would say it is definitely too soon to move in together. But She's 29 and I am 24, turning 25 next month and I think we both have a pretty strong sense of ourselves, which has lead to us making this decision. We are also pretty much the same person, and practically live together now in my small basement apartment in downtown Toronto. She loves sports, french new wave films, and talking about how batshit insane Slavoj Zizek is. We also enjoy having our own space.

I echo krampus' sentiments that it is a weird feeling being with someone who is so similar, and seemingly such a perfect match. But as time goes on it goes from weird to feeling right, and easy. There's no posturing, we are just ourselves around each other and it is working out extremely well.

That said, I am realistic. I do know the risks involved if the relationship doesn't work out are there (the break-up will be messy in a situation where we live together), but I'd be lying if I didn't think that this is going to work out at this point.

I dated Ashley for 8 months, nearly 4 of which we were apart (this was around the time I got out of the Marine Corps). She moved to Indiana to live with me, and we lived together ever since then up until last August when we had planned to move to Hawaii. So that's 6+ years. Obviously we're not together right now, which is still in the midst of being resolved, but we did just fine (and possibly will be in the near future).

It's not about the timing or necessarily age, it's about the compatibility, maturity, and ability to adapt to new environments. You won't know more about her in year two than you would in month six if you never lived together in the first place. If for some reason shit doesn't work out after you move in together, so be it. It is indeed a risk, but it's totally worth a shot imo.

Don't listen to these other yahoos, they don't know what they're talking about. Good luck bro!

I dated Ashley for 8 months, nearly 4 of which we were apart (this was around the time I got out of the Marine Corps). She moved to Indiana to live with me, and we lived together ever since then up until last August when we had planned to move to Hawaii. So that's 6+ years. Obviously we're not together right now, which is still in the midst of being resolved, but we did just fine (and possibly will be in the near future).

It's not about the timing or necessarily age, it's about the compatibility, maturity, and ability to adapt to new environments. You won't know more about her in year two than you would in month six if you never lived together in the first place. If for some reason shit doesn't work out after you move in together, so be it. It is indeed a risk, but it's totally worth a shot imo.

Don't listen to these other yahoos, they don't know what they're talking about. Good luck bro!

Thanks for the encouragement man!

This.

Sex with a big height difference is really awkward and I cannot deliver the stone to the forehead death blow if I can't reach
Sex with a big height difference isn't that bad, imo...it just makes some positions very difficult.

Alright, well...good luck.

What's going on with you guys now?

I like the name Ashley.

I found lately, that I have this weird habit that whenever I‘m in a tram or a vagon of metro or something, I check the possibility to fuck anybody there. Just in case that the metro landed on a deserted island and I would have to reproduce human race with ANYBODY out of the train vagon. Usually there is like one girl that could possibly be fucked from behind because most girls suffer from the "ugly fucking face" syndrome. If a girl suffers from the "airplane squashed your embryo, so you have a weirdly proportioned body" syndrome, I don‘t even fucking look at her face, but it‘s usually a poor fucking face, near crying a river in the fucking metro, which makes me angry as a fucking megafuck.

Death Aflame, I see nothing wrong with moving in with someone after 8 months. Moving in with someone is probably the biggest test of whether you guys are going to work out together so it could fail spectacularly but I figure it's better knowing that up front. Personally I don't see the point of dating someone casually for 3 years only to realise she's not right.

On a different tangent, I randomly got a message from a girl I briefly dated last year. We stopped seeing each other because we were both recently out of long relationships and she ended up deciding to get back with her ex. I know that should make me suspicious, but we had dinner the other night and she seems keen to start something again. I'd almost forgotten how well we click, plus I think she's gorgeous, so I'm probably going to have to go along with this despite my reservations.

I found lately, that I have this weird habit that whenever I‘m in a tram or a vagon of metro or something, I check the possibility to fuck anybody there. Just in case that the metro landed on a deserted island and I would have to reproduce human race with ANYBODY out of the train vagon. Usually there is like one girl that could possibly be fucked from behind because most girls suffer from the "ugly fucking face" syndrome. If a girl suffers from the "airplane squashed your embryo, so you have a weirdly proportioned body" syndrome, I don‘t even fucking look at her face, but it‘s usually a poor fucking face, near crying a river in the fucking metro, which makes me angry as a fucking megafuck.

The cultural value notwithstanding, I'm suddenly very glad I don't live in Prague.

So there's this hot new girl at the pharmacy downstairs from my apartment building. I made the stupidest move that I could have.. but it worked! On Thursday, I went in and bought a pack of the largest size of condoms and made sure to make her smile before I left with a wink. Last evening I went in there again and got her to go out with me, and the night of course.. was some great success =D

Don't you have a girlfriend that is so perfect she makes you feel inferior?
Yep. Shh.

edit:
What brand did you buy??
durex-confort-xl.jpg