Males and Females

hillbilly.jpg

I had a dream last night where I ended up on the floor of some room and there was huge, grapefruit-sized spider hanging down from the ceiling about to attack me. So I batted it away, only to wake up and realize I had punched my girlfriend in my sleep. Way to go, Zephyrus.

Well long story short because I'm typing on my phone, yesterday went nothing like planned which is why I had no plan until two days ago lol. Anyway, progress has been made. More to come later after I get home.

Ps I'm typing this while soaking up some rays on the beach. I almost drowned earlier surfing. Good times

Everyone here has more action with women than I am now. I can't wait until school starts. At least then my chances improve.

So my ex had her last day at work today. She's moving to another city with her boyfriend, so I'll almost certainly never see her again. When she left she just said "bye" to me without even stopping. I don't really know what the nature of our relationship is right now - on the one hand, she says she doesn't know why she talks to me, and on the other she then volunteers to buy me beer and randomly texts me and stuff. I've been open to the idea of friendship but there are some really mixed messages and I have no idea what the fuck is up. All that said, I've known and worked with her for two years and we've been through enough emotional ups and downs that I think some sort of acknowledgement is warranted. A hug. A firm, businesslike handshake. The middle finger. Complete silence Any of those I could understand and accept, but just "bye" seems...wrong. I know she doesn't like goodbyes, but I think that the connection we've had should be strong enough for her to get over it. Perhaps I really mean nothing to her. Perhaps she's just as confused as I am. But this bothered me all day. Does it seem weird/fucked up to you guys?

PS. Since she or her boyfriend has a friend who for some reason lurks in social: Greetings, you creepy lurking fuckshovel. Pass this on if that's what makes you happy, I don't give a fuck.

She sounds like a "game" player, so my advice is to not give two fucks about the situation. Say your piece to her and move on, the least you can do is get the stuff you want to say off your chest.

I'm about to have a similar situation next week when Stephanie and I move out of the house we had been living in together for a year. We have friendly exchanges whenever we're run into each other in the house (token "hey how's it going" etc.) but when it's finally time for good-bye, who knows. I'm sure it will be something warmer than what Joe got.

I almost feel like inviting her out for coffee before move-out day or at least having a nice closing talk, but if that doesn't happen that would be a-OK, I guess. I think I'll at least shake her hand and wish her the best in life, in a genuine manner, of course.

Didn't she make a veiled threat to set your new girlfriend on fire? In a situation like that I'd be okay with skipping the goodbyes.

@Pessimism: I think I know her well enough to know that's probably not it. Then again she did keep some important things from me for a remarkably long time. At this point, though, I think the reason is probably what she said, that she doesn't like goodbyes. I think perhaps she might benefit from a few sessions with a therapist, but then again so would a lot of people. Ah well, long-run I don't really give a fuck.

My ex won't even give me a "hello" when we encounter each other on the street. Not that I'm complaining though, she sorta made me feel incredibly bitter and worthless for a short time following our "breakup". What a vile human being.

Didn't she make a veiled threat to set your new girlfriend on fire? In a situation like that I'd be okay with skipping the goodbyes.

Those threats were far from veiled.

However, that was five months ago and she seems to have recovered some degree of sanity. In fact, Hillary came to spend the night a couple says ago and we were in the kitchen doing the dishes. Stephanie walked in, and the two actually had a brief but very friendly exchange of pleasantries, and this happened more than once.

Then again, Stephanie was high off her rocker. I could see it in her eyes.

So either she accepts things as they are and is dealing with it like an adult, or she's on the brink of killing herself or something drastic like that, who knows.