Males and Females

I just initiated a breakup. I'm now single for the first time in ten years. Everything is absolutely bizarre at the moment.
Damn dude, i hope it goes ok for you. Why the breakup?
I've quit drinking for sometimes months on end, but have never been able to quit. According to people in order to live a sober lifestyle you have to change as a person and change your life. It's not exactly as easy as that. When you've been living a certain way sober and non sober to all of the sudden need to find spirituality,serenity, whatever the fuck these things are. I really don't know.
I'd say just focus on finding new habits for your free time (video games, exercise, some kind of project, etc) and new people that you like hanging out with while sober.

A hobby in the contemplation of something immaterial I find to be a very important component of living, especially if one's career does not fulfill that. I feel like I'm stating the obvious here but it can't hurt.

You make it sound like something involving some kind of mystical experiences or meditation, but i assume you could be referring to just reading novels or history books.

zabu of nΩd;10254761 said:
You make it sound like something involving some kind of mystical experiences or meditation, but i assume you could be referring to just reading novels or history books.

Either or both!

zabu of nΩd;10254692 said:
Damn dude, i hope it goes ok for you. Why the breakup?

Cheers. She has many issues (anger mainly, also depression, insecurity etc) and this has caused many incidents over the years. I'm over having to deal with this shit. I'm an extremely tolerant person and I've tried to make the best of it longer than most would but enough is enough.

Cheers. She has many issues (anger mainly, also depression, insecurity etc) and this has caused many incidents over the years. I'm over having to deal with this shit. I'm an extremely tolerant person and I've tried to make the best of it longer than most would but enough is enough.

Good for you. You deserve to live your life without having to babysit. I think it's great when people are willing to tolerate and deal with a s/o's emotional problems, but I can't do it. Too selfish.

So what the fuck is up with women being obsessed and attached to their animals?...Shit is such a fucking turn off. I can understand loving your pets, but when it gets crossed over the line, shit gets weird.

So what the fuck is up with women being obsessed and attached to their animals?...Shit is such a fucking turn off. I can understand loving your pets, but when it gets crossed over the line, shit gets weird.

Last edited by a moderator:
The deal is she graduated from college in December. She doesn't have the best relationship with any of her family members. The plan was for her to move from Oakland to LA to live with me, but I realized that this relationship was no longer working for me. So I tried to break it off... but then I somehow fucked up and got guilty and told her we should try again.

So she comes to LA and we haven't been getting along for the past three months. I realize that I was right the first time and this relationship really isn't right for me. So we agree to break it off for real this time. However, she hasn't found a job and has nowhere else to live, so we're still living together until she has enough money to get her own place. Right now there are no signs of that happening in the near future. So yeah, this is the shittiest living situation ever.

Personal/Pervert Question: you still boning?

Off and on. At first we weren't and that led to a lot of fighting. Then we started having really crazy impersonal sex. She started having me tell her about my fantasies of fucking other girls while I was fucking her. I don't know why she liked thy but it got her off a lot. However, that's also problematic when you've been with someone for years.

So anyway, eventually she wanted to have romantic sex again, and we tried but it's the worst sex ever now. There's just no chemistry and mastribation is better for both us. So now were not fucking, but we probably will at some point, just considering the circumstances, even though it's better if we don't.

Pet owners in general are a turnoff. I like people who are good with/like animals but don't own any.