Males and Females

hotcrazy.jpg

HIMYM :kickass:

I just got this message on OKC:

Hey there,

I deeply regret to inform you that you are above and beyond our maximum standards in looks.

You are clearly a 9/10 and here on OkCupid we only allow 6/10 maximum.

Your account will be CLOSED unless you reply to this message with your name, favorite flower, how many cheetos you can fit in your mouth at once (just curious), and if you prefer Italian or Chinese take out.

This message should not be taken lightly as it may anger my boss, Poseidon, lord of the seas.

Thanks,

Person's name

I checked out her profile, and I don't think she's attractive, but she looks like she'd be fun to hang out with (she lives in my state). I'll shoot her a reply sometime.

I just got this message on OKC:

I checked out her profile, and I don't think she's attractive, but she looks like she'd be fun to hang out with (she lives in my state). I'll shoot her a reply sometime.

Question is, if you're truly not interested in anything 'intimate' occurring between you two, are you going to make that known / what will your method of doing so be? Or are you going to approach it as hang buddies that eventually will screw now and then?

Nope. Not one bit. The other post about coercion tactics was a joke. I'm not gonna reply with "let's be friends!" I'm gonna just approach it like I'm getting to know her, but with the unspoken aim to be just friends. I'm pretty sure she'll pick up on it, but if not, I'll have to make it clear.

An attractive woman would never have written that. Also, don't mess with Poseidon.

You are correct. OKC should make the thumbnails for pictures bigger so that it wouldn't be so hard to tell when girls are using the angles.

I got a message saying someone was "checking me out" from that site. She's not a whale, but dark-skinned and short-haired. Not my type at all.

The same kind of thing happened to me a couple days ago, dark-skinned and short-haired as well.

Interesting, the chick who friendzoned me years back and gave me my quadruple dose of reality, in terms of sexual relationships, has now gotten her dose of reality and is currently going through the brunt of it, and she has sort of come to me about it. I'm rather sympathetic because of the fact of the magnitude of the suckage that it procures. And though I see the utter irony of the situation, I think I'll try to give her a helping hand, though in this particular circumstance it would consist of me actually getting her to see that she needs to go at it alone and confront what it is that she doesn't like about herself, which to some may not seem all that helpful. I hung out with her recently when this had started and I feel like she purposely set herself up for me to sweep her up, but I refused and acted like it was unacknowledged. After all, I didn't go through 3 years of hating my own guts just to compromise on my convictions.