Males and Females

Fuck. Yes.

Here's another

556207_345972308789977_1992403277_n.jpg

So I've been dating my girlfriend for a year and a half now and we're at the point where everything turns into a fight. Also, I find myself coping with jealousy by fantasizing about my ex (who was and still may be very into me). This would be ok and probably fairly normal if it weren't for the fact that I've started to become (secretly) obsessive about it and feeling the urge to talk to her. I do love my girlfriend very much and I have a lot more in common with her but I guess I'm majorly missing the chase. Will this pass with time or am I getting myself into a bad situation?

Just to clear the air, I'm not good friends with her or in contact with her and the fantasies are emotional not sexual. It's just the desire to talk to her that is troubling me and, in some way, making me emotionally apathetic towards the state of my relationship with my girlfriend (as I think "hey, if we break up I can just get back in contact with my ex", etc). Basically, I've let a coping mechanism for problems in my current relationship turn into a strong desire to rekindle old fires.

Just to clear the air, I'm not good friends with her or in contact with her and the fantasies are emotional not sexual. It's just the desire to talk to her that is troubling me and, in some way, making me emotionally apathetic towards the state of my relationship with my girlfriend (as I think "hey, if we break up I can just get back in contact with my ex", etc). Basically, I've let a coping mechanism for problems in my current relationship turn into a strong desire to rekindle old fires.

No, you've only just realized that your desire to rekindle old fires is your coping mechanism. Why don't you just dump this chick if the only way you can stay with her is to think about other women? Who care's if you've been together for a year and a half? That's irrelevant. Unless, of course, she's supporting you financially or you're married.

probably shouldnt be sleeping with another coworker, but oh well. :lol:

YEAH BUDDY GET YOUR D WET

ObscureInfinity, I cannot offer mature advice because I've never fought with boyfriends. I would probably handle the situation by sending pictures of my dick to the ex. Don't ask me these things! I'm the biggest douche ever. My standard /r/Relationships advice is "if she's on the birth control pill, get her off it." How bad is the fighting?

YEAH BUDDY GET YOUR D WET

ObscureInfinity, I cannot offer mature advice because I've never fought with boyfriends. I would probably handle the situation by sending pictures of my dick to the ex. Don't ask me these things! I'm the biggest douche ever. My standard /r/Relationships advice is "if she's on the birth control pill, get her off it." How bad is the fighting?

I would say it gets pretty hectic. She can be a very pessimistic, critical, and borderline controlling person. That isn't to say that I'm the nicest person to her all the time either but her personality has been making me want to get away lately. I live with her currently so it could just be a cabin fever sort of thing. It's hard for me to say. This is my first serious relationship so I don't know what to expect.