Males and Females

You're right, so long as you don't want more out of a woman than food, sex, and silence.

He's right, though. It's not as simple as "fuck me, feed me, and shut the fuck up," but it does seem to be true that guys' desires are simpler when it comes to relationships. It's just a corollary of the fact that women are the more selective sex (they have to be, for plain biological reasons.) So as far as I'm concerned, there are a lot more hoops that men have to jump through. I even recall reading some article (wish I could remember where I saw it) that cited actual evidence that women tend to misjudge in predictable ways what they want.

And it's also what cold, hard experience shows me. Some girls think a little bit more like men, and they're a lot easier to deal with on a day to day basis. Last chick I dated was especially high maintenance. It is seriously a pain in the ass to have to interpret womanese all the time and stress out about if you've done or said yet another thing not deemed correct by the princess. When a girl bitches about gender roles and then tells you she wants you to treat her "like a lady" and that you were supposed to know that, she is a complicated mess and needs to get her thoughts straightened out, because that crap is annoying. Went off on a bit of a personal rant there. Sorry.

Anyway, moral: Ignore roughly half of what women you're dating say to you.

Maybe that's why you have trouble. What you think makes the typical man happy doesn't even describe a relationship. Well, maybe one between a master and a slave.

I dont think what Im asking for in a "normal relationship" is unreasonable. Maybe I shouldnt speak for all men/women, but when it comes down to the foundation of what I seek in all my relationships with a woman, its those three things. Fuck me, feed me, and give me some silence. Because if a woman can satisfy those three things, theres no room for her to feel inadequate in satisfying her man, I will be in a world of happiness. I lay it out plain and simple. No hoops, no games, no guessing, no trial and error, just do that. So fucking easy, ill even give them a daily checklist so they dont miss one.

Why cant they deal with their requirements in the same clear cut fashion? Thats what I am getting to.

She is a complicated mess and needs to get her thoughts straightened out, because that crap is annoying.

Exactly what Im dealing with now, shit is driving me nuts.

He's right, though. It's not as simple as "fuck me, feed me, and shut the fuck up," but it does seem to be true that guys' desires are simpler when it comes to relationships. It's just a corollary of the fact that women are the more selective sex (they have to be, for plain biological reasons.) So as far as I'm concerned, there are a lot more hoops that men have to jump through. I even recall reading some article (wish I could remember where I saw it) that cited actual evidence that women tend to misjudge in predictable ways what they want.

And it's also what cold, hard experience shows me. Some girls think a little bit more like men, and they're a lot easier to deal with on a day to day basis. Last chick I dated was especially high maintenance. It is seriously a pain in the ass to have to interpret womanese all the time and stress out about if you've done or said yet another thing not deemed correct by the princess. When a girl bitches about gender roles and then tells you she wants you to treat her "like a lady" and that you were supposed to know that, she is a complicated mess and needs to get her thoughts straightened out, because that crap is annoying. Went off on a bit of a personal rant there. Sorry.

I agree totally.

Oh women. What do you do with them?

They way they act and are treated by men would make a lot more sense if they were closer to a quarter of the world's population, not slightly over half of it.

Preach it.

If Vimana thinks he will meet a women that he won't desire to stfu many times over the course of a LTR:

foreveralone.

Men wish women would talk less and women wish men would listen more. This dynamic isn't changing, but blowjobs are an excellent short-term solution.

It's not a problem I've encountered. Still, the majority didn't have English as their first language. Inb4 my standard of English is mocked.

If Vimana thinks he will meet a women that he won't desire to stfu many times over the course of a LTR:

I already have, so yes, I do think I will again in the future.

I've never dated a chick that talked too much. I've noticed over the years that the girls guilty of being "talkers" are usually dumb in which case I avoid them.

Same here. I don't end up dating girls that like to prattle because I just can't stand them. I think most people who act like relationships are automatically going to be tedious are just people who were too lazy/scared to only settle for someone they're really compatible with.

Vimana you said it's cute when black guys have British accents and you check dating statistics to make sure white women are going for them, you are homosex.

Drunk post...

I've been with my girl for about seven months now. My only fear is that we're advancing a bit quickly, since the only thing holding us back from living together is the fact that I'm still an undergraduate living with my mother (she just graduated with a business degree this summer; she's maintaining some middle-of-the-road work since we have intentions to live together when I'm in grad school). Nevertheless, the "L" word has been tossed around (with complete conviction) on both sides for a couple of months now, and I can see this going a really long way. There's this mutual feeling of unexpectedness, since we were both relatively "forever alone" types until we happened to find each other. I suppose there's really no point to this post other than the fact that things are going well in my insular ivory tower, and I'm pretty much as happy as I ever have been.

Drunk post...

I've been with my girl for about seven months now. My only fear is that we're advancing a bit quickly, since the only thing holding us back from living together is the fact that I'm still an undergraduate living with my mother (she just graduated with a business degree this summer; she's maintaining some middle-of-the-road work since we have intentions to live together when I'm in grad school). Nevertheless, the "L" word has been tossed around (with complete conviction) on both sides for a couple of months now, and I can see this going a really long way. There's this mutual feeling of unexpectedness, since we were both relatively "forever alone" types until we happened to find each other. I suppose there's really no point to this post other than the fact that things are going well in my insular ivory tower, and I'm pretty much as happy as I ever have been.

Drunken response:

Enjoy it, mother fucker. Srsly.

I've never dated a chick that talked too much. I've noticed over the years that the girls guilty of being "talkers" are usually dumb in which case I avoid them.

Fuck, all my last girlfriend did was fucking talk. Of course, her nickname was Jaws, haha. Also, we both did a lot of fucking meth. And fucked. I mean alot. Because we both sold pounds of the shit and had meth fueled libidos. And her dad is a retired Sons of Silence. She also did some stupid shit that got me almost killed by the Hell's Angels...so yeah. Then she got married to some dude I never heard of while I was in jail for 3 months. And in Denver I know everyone in the dope game cuz that was my job. Fuck her and her whore self. I hope the HA's fucking make her disappear. Srsly.

Basically, talkative chicks are fucking terrible people. But good in bed, I guess.

soaking through folded towels, sheet, matress pad. totally worth it.

HIGH FIVE.

@KafkaX If you're having trouble dating how is there hope for anyone else on GMD?? No homo of course ;)

@Addo HOORAY

@Cythraul So date man women then?

Today marks a year since Porkpal and I met. Got a LivingSocial deal for the bar we met at a year ago in 2011. Is that eerie or what???

Ex is a bitch, I am thoroughly done with her.

On the bright side, I just joined OKCupid recently. Already got a message back from some girl. Nice.