Males and Females

LTR means non-internet based, and for more than a few months of living together. I forget LTR these days is 2+ weeks of IMing. :rolleyes:

It was seven months, and I met her at school, so it wasn't the least bit internet-based. I thought long-term relationships just meant long-term, not long-term living together, so I guess I haven't had a single LTR at all.

It was seven months, and I met her at school, so it wasn't the least bit internet-based. I thought long-term relationships just meant long-term, not long-term living together, so I guess I haven't had a single LTR at all.

My fault really, I should have been more specific. When you don't live together, you get downtime, you can always put the best foot forward if you so desire, etc. But 7 months isn't even a whole school year so....anyway.

Living together is markedly different though.

That's exactly why I wouldn't live with a significant other. Plus, I'd be uneasy with someone else having access to all of my stuff.

@Cythraul So date man women then?

Not really sure what your idea of "man women" is. Maybe I have a much too specific idea in my head of what counts as an ideal woman. If being able to chill out for two seconds and not interpret every single arbitrary action of mine as a sign of something hugely significant and not speaking in ambiguous statements meant to elicit some highly specific reaction or meant to be interpreted in some highly specific way counts as "man women," then give me man women any day of the week. It is exhausting to spend your time trying to interpret some chick's womanese and walk on egg shells all the time. There are attractive chicks out there who don't play so many mental games. Yeah, I think I'll keep my eye out for "man women."

I'm just gonna leave this right here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/relation...y-when-their-husband-or-partner-is-upset.html

edit: And this is a bit of (perhaps wild) speculation, but I think the stuff I'm complaining about, or really the extremes of it, is specifically an American phenomenon. Or, truth be told, specifically an Anglo phenomenon. Don't get me started on that.

edit #2: I'm rather tipsy right now. So you can think of this as a drunken pseduointellectual post if you'd like. Serve with a large grain of salt.

I think really what Cyth is referring to is Passive Aggressiveness. PA is BS.

That's exactly why I wouldn't live with a significant other. Plus, I'd be uneasy with someone else having access to all of my stuff.

Yeah, I live in fear every day that my wife will steal my Xbox :p

Not really sure what your idea of "man women" is. Maybe I have a much too specific idea in my head of what counts as an ideal woman. If being able to chill out for two seconds and not interpret every single arbitrary action of mine as a sign of something hugely significant and not speaking in ambiguous statements meant to elicit some highly specific reaction or meant to be interpreted in some highly specific way counts as "man women," then give me man women any day of the week. It is exhausting to spend your time trying to interpret some chick's womanese and walk on egg shells all the time. There are attractive chicks out there who don't play so many mental games. Yeah, I think I'll keep my eye out for "man women."

I'm just gonna leave this right here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/relation...y-when-their-husband-or-partner-is-upset.html

edit: And this is a bit of (perhaps wild) speculation, but I think the stuff I'm complaining about, or really the extremes of it, is specifically an American phenomenon. Or, truth be told, specifically an Anglo phenomenon. Don't get me started on that.

edit #2: I'm rather tipsy right now. So you can think of this as a drunken pseduointellectual post if you'd like. Serve with a large grain of salt.

LOL since when is the Telegraph a reliable source of anything?

I can only speak from personal experience being a woman but everything you listed is bullshit and I would not respect myself if I ever did that. I think the most irrational it gets is (A) having illogical hangups about his ex-girlfriends and (B) being moody and moderately passive aggressive the day before my period.

PP got me a Skagen watch (all black) and was like, "look, it's black and it's metal from Scandinavia just like you like!" My heart melted. I took him to Trader Joe's (just opened) and we had a picnic of fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, tabouleh, grape leaves, Greek salad and curry chicken salad at the airport while watching planes.

Then we got ice cream, sat by a large group of obese autistic or possibly retarded basement nerds who were singing and farting and laughing. We decided PP should fart LOUDLY (dairy farts...he's mildly lactose resistant) at them when we got up to leave. He did and then we both laughed until we cried. The nerds gave him the thumbs-up.

My life is perfect

I get replies from half to a third of the girls I message on OKcupid, but my conversational skills dwindle out and they stop replying after the third of fourth message. This is annoying. I think I might be fairly good looking really.

food and sex are awesome
and silence is a little better than listening to women talk non-stop about the specific things that men don't give a shit about
seriously, if i was dating Tanya Tate, Malin Akerman or Carla Gugino, i'd spend all day talking about superheros

women talking is so annoying that i'm seriously considering dating a woman that has no vocal chords

Wait, doesn't your wife browse this forum? Or... what?

Very, very rarely. I'm willing to take my chances.

I think his ex is his wife.

Exactly.

Now we're back together, and it's great (not hard to do legally, as divorce papers never got filed). I'm cautiously optimistic, however, it's only been about a day and half. We're both independently going to see therapists to work on our own issues, maybe couple's therapy later on down the road. My advice to you guys is not not grow up, it's too fucking complicated.

I get replies from half to a third of the girls I message on OKcupid, but my conversational skills dwindle out and they stop replying after the third of fourth message. This is annoying. I think I might be fairly good looking really.

You're not ugly, but you can't be nice looking and dumb. You have to be hot AND interesting.

I dont mind talking, its diarrhea of the mouth that annoys med

saw a perfect example of it when my roommate was watching judge judy a few days ago

someone's suing someone else, the bailif hands judy a piece of paper, and she's decided to make her ruling SOLELY based on the content of what's written on the paper, it gets to a point where you're totally expecting her to quickly read the paper, make her ruling and move on to the next case in 20 seconds, but instead of that, she spends 20 minutes explaining exactly why the paper she's holding is the most important piece of evidence in the case, it was totally just another crazy example of how judy as a female was doing way way more talking than a guy judge would have done