Males and Females

honestly
if you're actually asking us what you should do
(as opposed to just seeing what we'd say to a dicision you've already made)
tell you're roomate about your other plans and ask your roommate to make the choice for you
you really need to present it as a firmly spoken ultimatum
either your roommate tells yoga girl everyrthing that's going on, or
you and yoga girl will be having fun durring roommate's court day

it's totally unfair to you that your roommate is going to go to court to tell a jury of total fucking strangers that some dude beat her ass but yet she doesn't have the balls to tell the people "in her social circle"

this is total fucking bullshit
if she couldn't tell the people she actually hangs out with what happened, then she had no buisness telling the police

i'm not sympathising with the mysogynistic wife-beater guy here
but if he really did beat her, and if it was severe enough that calling the police was even an option, then at that point, calling the police should have been immediatly followed by calling everyone she knows,
i mean she's already gotten subpoenaed to go to court already, so at this point she just needs to get down off her fucking high horse and tell everyone she knows "hey i'm gonna be in a courtroom tommorrow and here's why..."

if she can't tell anyone other than you what's going on, then she can't realisticly expect you to go to court with her

and
more than just being unfair to you
your roomate is really being horrendously un-fair to yoga girl
if your roommate can't explain what the hell is going on, then your roommate's being really fucking evil if she's just gonna interrupt yoga girl's schedule without any kind of explanation

how would feel if someone just randomly said "i can't show up to where you thought i was gonna be and i can't tell you why"??
that would be stupid, right??

Domestic abuse is something hard for many to understand, and on top of all that, being haled into a courtroom full of strangers can be just as traumatic. It may seem like a token presence to have a friend in the room, but to her it may help tremendously.

I remember when I was young I was traumatized by something I saw on TV, and I couldn't go to sleep unless my cat was on my bed with me. I knew the cat couldn't do anything to defend me or speak to me or whatever, but just her presence there as a living being that I loved made all the difference in the world.

i understand the whole idea of "you won't understand cuz you didn't live through it" kind of mentality when it comes to things like battered-wife syndrome, or being raped, or being homeless or living in the ghetto, or making your living "illegally aquiring money" or being addicted to cocaine/crystal meth/heroin
i understand that, but i still stand by the points i made in my last 2 posts

if you press charges against someone and you put them in jail, you should have the balls to tell your "circle of friends" exactly which illegal thing that person did, no matter what the fuck the crime is

you can't just fucking interupt someone's plans without telling them why

and
more than just being unfair to you
your roomate is really being horrendously un-fair to yoga girl
if your roommate can't explain what the hell is going on, then your roommate's being really fucking evil if she's just gonna interrupt yoga girl's schedule without any kind of explanation

how would feel if someone just randomly said "i can't show up to where you thought i was gonna be and i can't tell you why"??
that would be stupid, right??

Eh it worked out on all ends. I told YG that I had to go with a friend to court for a domestic violence thing, but didn't name names. She was totally understood.

Went to court with my roomie. Turned out we didn't need to see the guy or anything like that. They just needed to take her statement again and get some more info (this guy was tapping phones and all sorts of psycho paranoid stuff that went beyond the physical abuse in the initial statement). Spent three hours watching drug dealers, tranny prostitutes and small time thugs get sentenced. Was back home by noon.

YG wasn't even awake yet, so no harm, no foul. Didn't get to do the things we initially planned on doing, but still had a good time. Ate Hawaiian food at a farmers market, got stuck in LA traffic and went hiking in the dark through some caves, which was rad.

Still not sure what I'm expecting from this. There's the fact that she's got some sort of a meaningful relationship with another guy, which I really haven't touched on with her- all I know is that he doesn't live in the direct area and that it doesn't seem like their relationship is anything too concrete (i.e. he's not her boyfriend or anything). Our relationship is somewhere in the middle ground between friendship and romance mixing elements of both. On one hand I can't help but wonder how amazing this could be if this other guy didn't exist, but on the other hand I'm gaining so much from the relationship that I'm happy anyhow. But strangely, I feel an unusual sense of calm about the whole thing.

I find it a mark of success when a woman I'm in a relationship with gets to the point when she can say she loves me. It's like saying those words signs an unwritten contract that she won't dump me.

That's what I though too and then Ashley shit on my heart.

Anywho, date #4 with Kelly this Saturday. We're going to a hockey game and then probably getting drunk again.

It's funny, when you're young and someone says "I love you" you get excited, yay someone loves me! When ya get a bit older it's more like Ahhhhh, I gotta deal with this now.

How long were you together? I mean the "hey, this relationship is going loooong-term" I-love-you.

And speak of the devil, LG's roommate texted me tonight saying that LG loves me and it's a fact. I'll wait till I see her in two weeks to reciprocate in person, unless she says it to me herself beforehand. I take those words seriously.

Seven years.

Eh it worked out on all ends. I told YG that I had to go with a friend to court for a domestic violence thing, but didn't name names. She was totally understood.

Went to court with my roomie. Turned out we didn't need to see the guy or anything like that. They just needed to take her statement again and get some more info (this guy was tapping phones and all sorts of psycho paranoid stuff that went beyond the physical abuse in the initial statement). Spent three hours watching drug dealers, tranny prostitutes and small time thugs get sentenced. Was back home by noon.

YG wasn't even awake yet, so no harm, no foul. Didn't get to do the things we initially planned on doing, but still had a good time. Ate Hawaiian food at a farmers market, got stuck in LA traffic and went hiking in the dark through some caves, which was rad.

Still not sure what I'm expecting from this. There's the fact that she's got some sort of a meaningful relationship with another guy, which I really haven't touched on with her- all I know is that he doesn't live in the direct area and that it doesn't seem like their relationship is anything too concrete (i.e. he's not her boyfriend or anything). Our relationship is somewhere in the middle ground between friendship and romance mixing elements of both. On one hand I can't help but wonder how amazing this could be if this other guy didn't exist, but on the other hand I'm gaining so much from the relationship that I'm happy anyhow. But strangely, I feel an unusual sense of calm about the whole thing.

you were able to finish your domestic-violence-court-thing before Yoga Girl even woke up, awesome
but, at the end of the day, i still stand behind everything i said in my last 3 posts

Jeremy's LG sent me a friend request via Facebook. I can say that I'd be willing to Eiffel Tower her if Jeremy and her were down in the future.

I lol'd. Haven't heard about the Eiffel Tower in quite sometime.
if you're refering to this
35hzns.jpg

my friends call this position "skewering the pig"
PigPen2.jpg

Went on a date with a hot blonde. I ended up drinking before going out, in a pub before going to meet her and then after the meal, so I think I was way too loose in what I said. I don't know. I might have offended her sensibilities or come across as crass and politically opposed to her. I hope I see her again though, she's lovely.