Males and Females

I'm rather indifferent over it and only have to confront her about it when I slip up. Difference in beliefs isn't a big deal to me. To be honest, 99% of the time I'm consciously oblivious to the fact that people really believe in that sort of thing. Until I get reminded, of course.

I know what an open mind means, I'm just saying that a lot of people who say they are, or are labeled as, "open minded", are just people who will go through a bunch of phases without developing their own style, or niche. For example, a person who will listen to every type of music: They have a phase where they listen to country, they have a phase where they listen to rock, and so on. This person will try so many different things, but they won't really stick with any certain thing. These types of people never really find out who they truly are, because they're always searching for something else. People shouldn't be listening to indie music and dressing up like a hipster, and then all of a sudden become a metalhead or a rapper/gangster the next day. A lot of these people will often just copy the styles or traits of their peers, or change to fit somebody else's mold.

I believe people should do what they enjoy, and be the person they want to be, without going through a bunch of changes. It's okay to have an open mind, and possibly try that new food, or read up on that certain subject, but people shouldn't be so open minded that they're constantly changing who they are. Do you kind of understand what I'm trying to get at? It's hard to explain.

So I think what we're looking at here is a subjective connotation of an open mind instead of an objective definition. I understand your reservations, but can assure you that we were talking about 2 different things.

I said she has an open mind because she has so far accepted my Eastern spiritual practices, differing musical tastes, obvious difference in race and age, and my choice in transportation (I drive an SUV, she rides a bicycle).

This does not mean, however, that she has started talking like a teenager to cloak her age, abandoned her dedication to a small carbon footprint, etc.

The missus last night told me, "Can I say an Overly Attached Girlfriend thing? I'd want to be the mother of your kids." :3 I told her I'd love that

Your relationship is doomed :p

At least you don't ever have to worry about her "getting away".

Ha ha ha. It would be like the scene in Punch Drunk Love where Adam Sandler's trying to escape from those guys in the pickup truck on foot.

But seriously, she's cool with it, because it's warranted. The back of my Bravada is often filled with musical gear, particularly that monstrous 810 cab I've posted here before.

I do not envy your lugging of that around.

I have a Hyundai Accent hatchback, but I can manage to squeeze two half stack and a small PA in it. It dogs the hell out of the drive-train when I do it though.

I do not envy your lugging of that around.

I have a Hyundai Accent hatchback, but I can manage to squeeze two half stack and a small PA in it. It dogs the hell out of the drive-train when I do it though.

Haha PP drives the same car. Do you have the BLUE that doesn't even come with a radio?

SelfHighFive.gif

On a related note, she had the best segue that's ever passed my ears, "Oh my fuck, I have this drawer full of condoms."

Haha PP drives the same car. Do you have the BLUE that doesn't even come with a radio?

:lol: Fortunately not, though the radio/CD player is the only mentionable feature that comes with my model. The car does have its perks though. Quality tires, for example, such as Michelins, run for only about $80 a pop. Unfortunately, the catalytic converters in them only make it for about 60,000 miles.