Males and Females

no
it's not
it's a social phenomenon that dates back to the gap of time when females were considered the property of males

a female child being born was the property of her father untill becoming the property of her husband

all males were expected to be gainfully employed and a man looking for a wife would "purchase" his bride from her father

see Book of Genisis chapter 34 (and elsewhere in The Old Testament)

in this culture a male would have had to stockpile money for a "bride-price" and would have to show the bride's father that he was "financially stable"

in this context a male purchasing his wife would have been in his early 30's purchasing a wife who had just had her Bat Mitzvah http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batmitzvah

this is where the whole concept of the guy being older than his girlfriend/wife came from

No, it is not a social construct. It was a biological necessity for the survival the of species predating to what you're referencing. We may have evolved, but we still have a lot in us that is for another time.

no
it's not
it's a social phenomenon that dates back to the gap of time when females were considered the property of males

a female child being born was the property of her father untill becoming the property of her husband

all males were expected to be gainfully employed and a man looking for a wife would "purchase" his bride from her father

see Book of Genisis chapter 34 (and elsewhere in The Old Testament)

in this culture a male would have had to stockpile money for a "bride-price" and would have to show the bride's father that he was "financially stable"

in this context a male purchasing his wife would have been in his early 30's purchasing a wife who had just had her Bat Mitzvah http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batmitzvah

this is where the whole concept of the guy being older than his girlfriend/wife came from

actually thought this^^ was "common knowledge"

also
older males breeding with younger females would never have actually been "biologically neccassarry" unless there were some sort of epidemic that affected the female gender more severely than males

such diseases exist, even today, but none of them has ever been a global pandemic on the level that PhlegethonVeins seems to be implying

infact
if you completely remove the patriarchal structure from a society
a huge age gap would actually be a younger male with an older female

actually thought this^^ was "common knowledge"

also
older males breeding with younger females would never have actually been "biologically neccassarry" unless there were some sort of epidemic that affected the female gender more severely than males

such diseases exist, even today, but none of them has ever been a global pandemic on the level that PhlegethonVeins seems to be implying

infact
if you completely remove the patriarchal structure from a society
a huge age gap would actually be a younger male with an older female

That global 'pandemic' was called pregnancy. Without modern medicine it really put a rut in things. Crazy sounding, I know, I know.

I had a date tonight with a girl I've been seeing tonight. She was incredibly clingy and exhibited all sorts of behavior that made alarm bells go off.

I wish I hadn't showed her where I live.

Mathiäs;10611150 said:
I had a date tonight with a girl I've been seeing tonight. She was incredibly clingy and exhibited all sorts of behavior that made alarm bells go off.

I wish I hadn't showed her where I live.

It couldn't have been worse than the date a friend of mine had not too long ago. The girl acted basically like she had some sort of split personality disorder.

Women always complain about men are so stupid, annoying, etc. but realistically I believe there are a greater number of batshit insane/stupid/annoying/dishonest women out there.

I find a few women I know who could more or less pass for white but aren't, including a Mexican and a Tartar woman, hot. However, other than them, I find the idea depressing. I guess I just like white women too much. I dated an asian looking asian girl and the spark just wasn't there.