Males and Females

Mathiäs;10639475 said:
I don't understand why he hasn't been banned yet tbh. As well as a few other people who I won't mention.

I was going to send a message in private to a couple users - but I will just openly state a couple things here.

I can't be everywhere all the time on the site. I also constantly walk a fine line, as an admin, to try and figure out "does this person deserved to be banned - or should people utilize the ignore feature in this case?"

Probably more importantly I tend to say, "This person really annoys me, but the site isn't all about me, and noone has reported (user name) to me so people must not mind."

This happened with the Opeth forum, which I inherited when I took over the site way back when. I would have banned a shit ton of people for their annoyance/behavior but I played the other side of it since I didn't get reports/complaints etc. - and that ended up biting me in the ass when it got to be too much and Mikael shut it down.

So, all that said - I am all about the greater good when it comes time. If you are a user on this site and you exist merely to annoy the hell out of people (troll) 2/3 of the time or more , or, find a need to get your rocks off by posting constant chick pics (not that they're not pleasing to check out but there are other sites for that...) - then please, do everyone a favor and either work hard on changing or just find another site to frequent.

Everyone else, please, report things as necessary if it has gotten to be that bad. It's the exclamation mark under a user's name. There's also an ignore user feature you can take advantage of if needed.

I've been trying, haha. I compliment her all the time but she never believes me. I'm close to just saying fuck it, thats her problem. I know she's gorgeous, if she can't see it that's noty fault.

I don't know what she's like, but I've dealt with this before and I've tried a couple things that didn't work:

1. Tell her that if you didn't think she were attractive, you would not be attracted to her.
2. Tell her that the way she looks does not matter because you like her.

Anyways, it's so hard for me to trust my own judgment when deciding whether or not someone's right for me. So far with this girl, I'm stopping thoughts about what could potentially develop and taking every instance of her behavior and being objective about it.

One thing I found was a big problem in all of the relationships I was in was there was a lack of important stuff I really wanted to express that would go nowhere if I did, and the same thing the other way around for them. It was annoying, to say the least, and slowly killed the relationships over time. It was something I'd notice right away, but ignore, justifying it with bullshit reasons like "you can learn to be interested in what they're interested in" or "you don't need to talk about your interests to make this work." It hasn't happened yet so far, which is good. Even though that can make things sound promising, I'm still hesitant because for all I know, months down the line I could realize I've been fooling myself. I thought the last girl was right for me, but then again I met her when I did a lot of acid and thought everyone could love everyone. Oh well. I'm just taking this a day at a time.

Mikael Akerfeldt is gay.
I don't know what she's like, but I've dealt with this before and I've tried a couple things that didn't work:

1. Tell her that if you didn't think she were attractive, you would not be attracted to her.
2. Tell her that the way she looks does not matter because you like her.

I have, shes just insecure. ah well. Its a good thing I like her so much, cause were it one of my exes, Id be telling them to hit the road.

Does she only put herself down, or does she also seek compliments?

The problem with those tactics I mentioned is they don't address the problem. All you're doing is disagreeing with her. And while it is irrational to not go "this guy's attracted to me, so maybe I'm attractive," insecurity is often the product of examining the matter irrationally. This is a tired old cliché, but no one can make her feel good about herself but her (since the source of the feeling is her, since it's her body and her brain), and you may not be able to help her realize that.

I had the best sex of my life yesterday, humblebrag!

Who the FUCK hates cream in coffee? I use HEAVY CREAM whenever possible, tastes like ice cream

Who the fuck adulterates their delicious black brew with all that foo-foo shit?

On the sex note, I find it interesting that not all orgasms are equal, and not speaking about the obvious intensity level differences. Some feel more localized in parts of the body, some more "total body", etc.

Then the subjective nature of "good sex". Is it based on duration? Rough or romantic? Just the feeling of the moment? Type of orgasms? Intensity? Multiplicity? Etc.