Males and Females

I told her she was being unreasonable for looking down on me because of misconceived prejudices. She said "you think it's rational that a pre-med student is dating a pothead?" I told her it's rational for anyone to date anyone if they love them.

Should I let it go? She would rant about people all the time and rejoice that I'm not like them. It seems to me like her "love" was pretty much just an absence of hate, and now that I'm doing something she hates, it's compromised.

I would have thought a pre-med student would have been better educated on the health effects of marijuana use. She's dividing reality into social stereotypes and seems to lack the faculty of evaluating people for who they really are as individuals. It seems she's already made up her mind about you, and probably didn't see anything long-term with you if such prejudices had always existed. She's likely thinks she's so special that any man will take her.

Got dumped last night. I vented to my ex about how much it pissed me off that I couldn't smoke weed living at home because other people just don't want me to out of preference (rather than because it causes an actual problem) and she can't help but see me as a selfish, immature pothead. I'm pissed off and just shocked. I thought she was a smart, rational person, and I tried to explain my side and it went nowhere. She has these prejudices about pot that trump even love for her, apparently. I don't think she really loved me, though. She looks down on me so easily. Ugh. I fucking hate relationships. I meet a person who I think is great and it takes until actual problems that I find out that they're not.

The worst part is I don't even feel liberated. I don't want to fuck anyone or anything. I still want her back because she's great minus that one trait, and I think I can change it.

The second you value changing someones perceived flaws that much, you need to get out.

It is one thing to want to help someone with a problem they have, but to desire to change them means you probably are invested in a futile effort.

She's dividing reality into social stereotypes and seems to lack the faculty of evaluating people for who they really are as individuals.

Ding ding ding. She's a really smart girl, but this relationship is being strained by a flaw in her thinking. I think it can be changed, but I don't know. When we were reading Rand together, she had an intuitive understanding of reason and how emotion and prejudice can distort it, but I'm not seeing it at all as we argue about this.

The second you value changing someones perceived flaws that much, you need to get out.

It is one thing to want to help someone with a problem they have, but to desire to change them means you probably are invested in a futile effort.

It's only one trait I want to change, not her personality. I just want to get rid of her incorrect stance on the subject, not change who she is as a person.

I told her she was being unreasonable for looking down on me because of misconceived prejudices. She said "you think it's rational that a pre-med student is dating a pothead?" I told her it's rational for anyone to date anyone if they love them.

Should I let it go? She would rant about people all the time and rejoice that I'm not like them. It seems to me like her "love" was pretty much just an absence of hate, and now that I'm doing something she hates, it's compromised.

hahahahahahaha what a dumb cunt, move on

and you do come off kind of dumb yourself most of the time tbh

You do sound like a immature pothead. I can understand the blues of a breakup, Im going through it too, but it seems like you are more affected that you couldnt change her to be more like the way you wanted, than having being broken up with.

You two sound better off apart because just for the simple fact you both sound too stubborn to see the other person's side, and think the other person should change, and if they dont, youll change em. But as Mort has already stated, the effort is futile...

Got dumped last night. I vented to my ex about how much it pissed me off that I couldn't smoke weed living at home because other people just don't want me to out of preference (rather than because it causes an actual problem) and she can't help but see me as a selfish, immature pothead

Gee I can't imagine why.

It's funny how he thinks someone might have loved him :lol:

btw, she's totally in the right. Be thankful she probably let you off easy, you pseudo enlightened pretentious faggot.

it seems like you are more affected that you couldnt change her to be more like the way you wanted, than having being broken up with.

What I'm mostly mad about is that I thought she understood me and loved me for who I am, but when I fell into one of her prejudices, she didn't reevaluate the prejudice (or even consider it when I told her to), but treated me like a completely different person and broke up with me for it.

She went on this rant about how all I do is smoke weed all day and how I don't do anything. I work and go to school and do plenty of stuff on the side. She knew all of that and I told her about it, but once pot came into the picture, I apparently turned into her stereotypical pothead that she hates.

I'm mostly affected because I thought she understood me more than anyone else, but then completely forgot who I am because of pot.

If you don't smoke pot, people who regularly do can grate nerves pretty easily. Also I'm pretty sure some people consider giving up the pot as a kind of growing up. Blah blah blah but that isn't fair blah blah blah. Since when was anything bitch?

Vimana: Youre better off. She sounds like an idiot when it comes to her prejudices on marijuana. Go fuck some bitches. also when you do find a girl, just don't tell them you smoke weed. PROBLEM SOLVED.

In an ideal world that would be awesome. but on the chance he does find a girl he likes that is... less than tolerant, I think he should just be quiet about his weed consumption. Its not really anyone's business. Its not really anything that should be relevant.

If you don't smoke pot, people who regularly do can grate nerves pretty easily. Also I'm pretty sure some people consider giving up the pot as a kind of growing up. Blah blah blah but that isn't fair blah blah blah. Since when was anything bitch?

This.

IGNORE HER

I would be all 'If it's not about hooking up, I'm not interested'

Both great are advice lol

Turns out she just wanted to know if it was ok to goto a bridal shower of a friend of mines. She doesn't know her too well, which is why I'm surprised she's invited, especially because we aren't together...Anyway, it's bullshit to get left on a cliffhanger to eventually get asked something so fucking trivial.

Fucking stupid.