Males and Females

Don't have time to read the article. Cliff Notes version?

And I didn't mean violent rape when I said that. I meant that it was mostly men picking the females who they had sex with, mostly for procreation (we don't know for sure at this point if they ever did it solely for please or not.) And of course women were aware of the need to procreate, so they would submit. I'm not sure when or how the cultural shift changed, but I'm pretty sure this is how it was early on.

That's not accurate. Women have never just been submissive to whichever man wants to bang them. Women are very selective in choosing the most fit mates and that has always been the case. Because women have far more limited reproductive opportunities (shorter reproductive time span and the ability to only reproduce approximately once a year) they have evolved very selective taste in mates. That is just as true now as it was several thousand years ago.

Yeah, I wasn't getting through that article either. I did read somewhere that when someone smells good to you, it's usually because you're genetically different from them. And oftentimes women would think their sons/brothers smell and it's just a trait that helps them to pick mates that aren't similar to them. To be honest, i've always thought my brothers' rooms smelled, but no one else has said anything so maybe it's just me.

I actually don't normally use deodorant or anything with harsh chemicals at all (a lot of that shit is cancer causing and just simply not good for you, and they test on animals). I make my own "shampoos", "soaps" and anti-perspire things (or I'll buy them from small businesses who make USDA natural products when i have money), normally they all have coconut oil as the base because coconut oil can be used for a million things, including deodorant. I do fall off the natural train when it comes to deodorant sometimes,though out of laziness because that is the most pain in the ass to make.

Yeah, I wasn't getting through that article either. I did read somewhere that when someone smells good to you, it's usually because you're genetically different from them. And oftentimes women would think their sons/brothers smell and it's just a trait that helps them to pick mates that aren't similar to them. To be honest, i've always thought my brothers' rooms smelled, but no one else has said anything so maybe it's just me.

I actually don't normally use deodorant or anything with harsh chemicals at all (a lot of that shit is cancer causing and just simply not good for you, and they test on animals). I make my own "shampoos", "soaps" and anti-perspire things (or I'll buy them from small businesses who make USDA natural products when i have money), normally they all have coconut oil as the base because coconut oil can be used for a million things, including deodorant. I do fall off the natural train when it comes to deodorant sometimes,though out of laziness because that is the most pain in the ass to make.

You make your own soap? I wanted to learn this for awhile, would be a great trading item.

^ It's more of a melt and pour technique, but it's super doable and really safe. So technically speaking, real soap-makers wouldn't call it truly "handmade", because you'd melt glycerin and add your oils, butters, milk etc and mold it. True soap-makers use lye but lye as you probably already know,is kind of dangerous and it's a lot harder and i dont know how to do that. But with this way you can still totally use it to trade/gift all that.

You use vegetable glyercrin blocks (you can get them in huge pounds) as the base
You melt it down to make it liquify and while it is liquified you add all the things you'd like in it. I add coconut oil, shea butter and this thing that I forget the name of i think its some form of cacao butter and whatever else i have lying around. Then you mold it in a soap mold tray. Or something you an use as a molder. You can get super creative with the molds... i've seen many videos of people using rubber stamps in their moldings to create hearts and nice shapes inside the mold. It sounds like a lot of work but it's not too bad.

I'll search for a YT-video that explains this much better than I can.

PS sorry for awful spelling i'm on my phone at the moment.

having worked at Henry's/Sprout's for several years, I tried several unscented deodorants, and none of them worked for me. I'm a sweaty, stinky guy.

^ and @ Crimsonfloyd

Yeah, i've heard people say similar things. The company Terressentials make good ones, but then again its hard with things like this to measure since everyone's different.

Don't have time to read the article. Cliff Notes version?

Basically, it stated females release pheromones through various bodily fluids, through their sweat... basically anything where scent is involved. Nothing you don't seem to already know.

That's not accurate. Women have never just been submissive to whichever man wants to bang them. Women are very selective in choosing the most fit mates and that has always been the case. Because women have far more limited reproductive opportunities (shorter reproductive time span and the ability to only reproduce approximately once a year) they have evolved very selective taste in mates. That is just as true now as it was several thousand years ago.

As I said, that's exactly the issue - though it depends on which time period/culture we're talking about. I was thinking more about the Neanderthal period - where often the men would drag a woman he found into his "clan" in order to mate (if you've ever seen the movie "The Clan of the Cave Bear", this issue is addressed: Daryl Hannah plays a cro-magnon woman who has been brought into a Neanderthal clan, and eventually gets raped by one member.) What I meant was that society rarely allowed women to make choices of whom to marry, and often times marriages were arranged due to political/social constraints, but of course, that doesn't mean the women were satisfied with their mates.

It's interesting, though, that it was the more evolved, Cro-Magnon women that the Neanderthals would breed with (thus creating modern day humans.) As far as I can see, it didn't happen the other way.

Also, I'm one of those guys who bathes himself in cologne. Not Jersey Shore guido level, but that "I'm afraid I smell" level. My favorite compliment is being told I smell nice.

Isn't using "products" unnatural to some extent? All my products are unnatural. But so is my lifestyle when I break it down...

I use aerosol spray because fuck the ozone.

:lol:

^ It's more of a melt and pour technique, but it's super doable and really safe. So technically speaking, real soap-makers wouldn't call it truly "handmade", because you'd melt glycerin and add your oils, butters, milk etc and mold it. True soap-makers use lye but lye as you probably already know,is kind of dangerous and it's a lot harder and i dont know how to do that. But with this way you can still totally use it to trade/gift all that.

You use vegetable glyercrin blocks (you can get them in huge pounds) as the base
You melt it down to make it liquify and while it is liquified you add all the things you'd like in it. I add coconut oil, shea butter and this thing that I forget the name of i think its some form of cacao butter and whatever else i have lying around. Then you mold it in a soap mold tray. Or something you an use as a molder. You can get super creative with the molds... i've seen many videos of people using rubber stamps in their moldings to create hearts and nice shapes inside the mold. It sounds like a lot of work but it's not too bad.

I'll search for a YT-video that explains this much better than I can.

PS sorry for awful spelling i'm on my phone at the moment.

Thanks for the info. If you find that YT video, PM it to me :)

Make sure you don't use too much, because too much cologne is worse than smelling like shit.

Definitely not worse (well at least to me) but yeah, it's pretty bad. I also hate smelling like cigarettes, so I always spray myself with Axe after I smoke.

The only thing you really need to do is use body wash and deodorant to get through a normal day. A small dab of cologne is fine for special occasions.